Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Forbidden love by catrin15

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
'' How could you?'' Ron hissed, tears of anger welling in his eyes. ''How could you - his foul hands all over you, when he murdered people like your parents? How could you, when he's a Muggle-hater, when he's probably got you as some little Mudblood token - "

"Ron, it isn't like that, it's-''

''It's sick, that's what it's like.'' Ron was staring fixedly at the ground, scuffing the carpet with his trainers.

''He's not a Death Eater anymore,'' Hermione pleaded.

''You don't know that. You don't know that he isn't using you to get information about Harry.''

''I hardly even see Harry at the moment.''

''Yeah, you're too busy letting Snape grope you, that's what,'' Ron snarled.

''That's not true, and you know it. And if Snape's still a Death Eater, how come he's helping the Order? How come he's working on the Legalitus potion?''

''Didn't look like he was working on it much to me. And he has to look like he's helping ,otherwise no-one in the Order would trust him. He probably just shows up to the meetings, makes it look like he's mended his ways, then reports everything back to You-Know-Who.''

''You don't even know him, Ron.''

''No,'' Ron said bitterly. ''No, I s'pose I don't know him like you do.''

''Oh stop being so childish. We're not even in a relationship at the moment-''

''Oh, so the connection's purely physical, is it?''

''STOP IT!'' Hermione shouted. She looked around the Gryffindor common room to check that no-one had overheard, but they were alone. ''Just stop it. It isn't anything to do with you anyway.''

''Isn't it?'' Ron menaced. He was angrier than she had ever seen him. ''Isn't it? It is when I go to Dumbledore. It is when Snape gets chucked out for being a nasty,conniving pervert.''

''Oh Ron, you wouldn't.''

''Try me. He might be holding you under the Imperious Curse for all I know, I wouldn't put it past him. And Dumbledore might give people second chances, but he wouldn't stand that, he wouldn't stand Snape putting his sick hands....'' he trailed off. ''Putting his sick hands where they're not wanted.''

''Not wanted by who, Ron?''

''Don't twist my words. Not wanted by you when you're in your right mind. You know perfectly well what I mean.''

''I know that you can't stand the thought of me being with somebody else, even when we were in fourth year. One moment, Viktor Krum's your favourite Quidditch hero, the next you detest him, just because he dares to take me to a ball.''

''This is different.''

''Really?''

''Yes. It's a teacher. And not just any teacher, a slimy, horrible git of a teacher. I mean, come on, Hermione, he used to insult you all the time. He used to pick on us, all of us, he still does if he’s got the chance. I don’t understand you.''

''Ron, please say you won't go to Dumbledore.''

''I can't. You're my friend, Hermione - if you're being manipulated.....''

''I'm not.''

''But if you are, what else can I do? What if Snape's forcing you, by magic, to, to-'' he couldn't say it.

''Snape won't do anything with me because I'm a student, Ron. You're getting it all confused.''

''No. This isn't right. I'm going to Dumbledore.''

''Don't do this Ron. Don't make me.''

''I have to. For your own safety.''

''Please-''

''NO!''

He stormed away. Hermione gripped her wand, and aimed squarely at the back of his head. ''I'm sorry, Ron,'' she whispered sadly. ''But you've left me no choice. OBLIVIATE!"

The spell shot out of her wand in a bright white stream, pushing Ron forwards so that he stumbled. He missed a few steps with his fall, landing in a crumpled heap, his hands rubbing his aching head. ''Wha''s going on?'' he asked groggily. '' 'Mione? Is that you? Wha's happened?''

Hermione flinched. How could she have done this, how could she have modified his memory? Somehow it was below the belt, it was nasty, it was sneaky. Yet, she couldn't have let him go to Dumbledore. Especially as Snape had pushed her away, especially as he had been responsible.
'
'Nothing's happened Ron,'' she soothed, her guilt overwhelming her. ''You just fell over.'' Ron blinked, looking incredibly shell-shocked.

''Did I? Oh, right. I feel awfully weird, Hermione.''

Hermione felt weary tears rising in the back of her throat. She had done this to protect Snape, this worthless betrayal, and for what? He would not even have her.