Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Neville Longbottom and the Philosopher's Stone by Sonorus

Printer
Summary: "Yes Neville," said Dumbledore, "it was Voldemort who came to your parents’ house that night nearly ten years ago. It was Voldemort who killed them. And it was Voldemort who then turned his wand on you.”

The ultimate 'what if?'. What if Voldemort had chosen Neville rather than Harry as the boy meant by the prophecy? What if Neville was the Boy-Who-Lived and Harry was the "might have been"?

Join Neville as he faces some familiar and less familiar challenges of his first year at Hogwarts in the first of an epic seven story series mirroring the original novels.

Story now complete. Book 2 is on its way!
Ratings: 1st-2nd Years [ - ]
Category: Alternate Universe
Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 13 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 32280 Viewcount: 93046
Published on: 05/26/07 Updated On: 08/23/07





1. The House on Preston Road by Sonorus [ - ] (1542 words)
In which Neville receives his Hogwarts letter, and a visitor calls at his home.

2. Past Scars by Sonorus [ - ] (1438 words)
In which Neville is told the truth about his parents and Dumbledore reassures him.



3. The Alley of Surprises by Sonorus [ - ] (2010 words)
In which Neville travels to Diagon Alley, meets Quirrell, Hagrid and Draco and purchases his wand.


4. On the Hogwarts Express by Sonorus [ - ] (1911 words)
In which Neville shares a compartment with Hermione Granger and Seamus Finnigan on the journey to Hogwarts.


5. Advice from a Hat by Sonorus [ - ] (2146 words)
In which we view the Sorting Ceremony and the Hat places Neville into Gryffindor against his own expectations.


6. Learning Curve by Sonorus [ - ] (2227 words)
In which we follow Neville through his first classes and his first encounter with Snape.


7. The Third Floor Corridor by Sonorus [ - ] (3606 words)
In which a Remembrall and a disastrous flying lesson leads to Neville being saved from a three-headed dog.


8. The Seeker and the Secret by Sonorus [ - ] (2428 words)
In which a troll enters Hogwarts at Halloween, Neville watches Harry’s first Quidditch match and suffers an attack, and Hagrid lets slip some important information.


9. Reflections by Sonorus [ - ] (2742 words)
In which Neville encounters the Mirror of Erised and talks with Dumbledore.


10. Malfoy's Malice by Sonorus [ - ] (1525 words)
In which Neville has a run-in with Draco and learns of the Philosopher’s Stone.


11. A Dragon and Detention by Sonorus [ - ] (3863 words)
In which Neville’s brief encounter with one Norbert leads to his serving detention with Harry in the Forbidden Forest.


12. The Professors' Tasks by Sonorus [ - ] (3544 words)
In which Neville descends into the Chambers of the Stone and makes his way past the various obstacles.


13. The Face of the Enemy by Sonorus [ - ] (3298 words)
In which Neville discovers the true servant of Voldemort and recovers the Stone.