Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Potter's Pentagon: The Five (Book One) by Schmerg_The_Impaler

Printer
Summary: WARNING! This story contains a jingle-bell antler headband, a shower of potatoes, boy/girl mushiness, underwear karaoke, family trouble, an excessively adorable werewolf, death, the song "Werewolves of London," betrayal, and the word 'Jordan' five times in a row near the beginning of chapter seven.


Twenty-one years after Voldemort's defeat, five fourth-years are faced with a new threat. Will all of the five stay true to the light side? Will they all emerge whole in the end? Will Jordan Potter ever get a life? You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll gasp, you'll sigh! Part one in a trilogy!


Well, after much deliberation and consideration, I've decided to submit my future-gen trilogy! This particular installment is three years old, so it's definitely different from my current writing style, but I'm quite fond of the characters.


DH is disregarded. It's a total coincidence that one of the main characters is named Ted Lupin.


Starring Quicksilver Quills 2008 Best Male Original Character runner-up Jordan Potter, Best Female Original Character nominees Ivy Potter, Haley Potter, and Emma Weasley, and Best Male Original Character nominee Ted Lupin!

Five times nominated (once for each member of Potter's Pentagon!) for the Best Post-Hogwarts story in the 2007 Quicksilver Quills Awards, and nominated for Best Post-Hogwarts story in the 2008 Quicksilver Quill Awards...

Ratings: 1st-2nd Years [ - ]
Category: Next Generation
Characters: None
Warnings: Book 7 Disregarded
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 10 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 45143 Viewcount: 58992
Published on: 06/18/07 Updated On: 10/03/07





1. Chapter 1: In Which The Stage Is Set by Schmerg_The_Impaler [ - ] (2800 words)
(This story starts off slow, but I think it's rather enjoyable, even if it's a really old piece of writing. Haley and Jordan are Harry and Ginny's fourteen-year-old twins, and the Potters also have a younger set of twins-- this is to clear up confusion about the twins in the family. )


2. Chapter 2: In Which Emma's Goat Is Gotten by Schmerg_The_Impaler [ - ] (3233 words)
(Okay, chapter two! In this one, we meet Tyrone Thomas, a really fun character who bears more than a passing resemblance to James Potter. Um. This is a coincidence, as I came up with these characters before "Order of the Phoenix," even if the story was written after "Half Blood Prince." Tyrone does become more complex as the trilogy continues, though, so fear not. Also, we see that Ivy has the nickname Lightfoot. This is due to the fact that her Patronus is an arctic fox and, stupidly, not addressed until the second book in this trilogy. Right. Well, I do not own Harry Potter, nor do I own Magic Eye or Potter Puppet Pals.)


3. Chapter 3: In Which Professor Potter Takes the Reins by Schmerg_The_Impaler [ - ] (3542 words)
(Sorry this took so long, it was rejected for typos! I hope I've fixed 'em. I don't own Harry Potter or the movie "Elf," in case you were curious. And the random fan girls screaming "RONALD WEASLEY!"... well, one of them was probably me.)
___________

4. Chapter 4: In Which Tyrone Thomas Does Not Have One of His Better Days by Schmerg_The_Impaler [ - ] (3173 words)
(My first submission since DH! I loved the book, by the way, and speaking of Harry Potter, I don't own it! In this chapter, Jordan mentions Musical Theatre Appreciation. When I was about twelve, I used to roleplay with these characters on Neopets, and in one of them, the characters participated in Musical Theatre Appreciation.)
_______________________________________


5. Chapter 5: In Which Christmas Isn't Really All That Jolly by Schmerg_The_Impaler [ - ] (3733 words)
Ohh, this chapter! I've always thought this chapter was kind of cute, if a bit sentimental. The reindeer antlers are inspired by some that I personally own.

__________________________________

6. Chapter 6: In Which Ted Has Quite A Bad Hair Day by Schmerg_The_Impaler [ - ] (3895 words)
Another quite Ted-centric chapter. Too bad I don't own Harry Potter, huh? The great wizards Hermione talks about in this chapter were TOTALLY made up by me... because, yanno, it would be waaaay too much work to actually look up some famous wizards in the Potterverse. Jordan does not approve of my inconsistent research.
________________________________

7. Chapter 7: In Which Hogwarts Gets Its Groove On by Schmerg_The_Impaler [ - ] (5443 words)
(The plot thickens! Well, I seem to have confused Hogwarts with the middle school I attended at the time of writing this story, because it looks like I got it into my thirteen-year-old head that Hogwarts has a Valentine's Day Ball. Eh, well, let's assume this policy started after McG became Headmistress. "Toilet Dragons" (originally called "Twilight Dragons," later renamed "WHAT?") was a band in which I was briefly a singer... I had to include a name that priceless.)
_________________________________


8. Chapter 8: In Which Havoc Is Wreaked by Schmerg_The_Impaler [ - ] (6872 words)
This chapter's a bit different from previous ones... in case you didn't spot it, not even once in any of the previous chapters did I get into Jordan's head. This chapter does... and it has a flashback! YEAHHH! I seem to have decided that house ties are part of the Hogwarts uniform, although none of the other pieces of the uniforms in the films stuck with me...

I don't own Harry Potter. The song Jordan sings is "Everybody's Changing" by the band Keane, and I don't own it. The song "Satisfaction" is by the Rolling Stones. Jordan is a BIG fan of Muggle technology, as you'll see in later installments.

Speaking of which, Haley calls Jordan her baby brother. I don't know if I mentioned this earlier in the story, but she's three minutes and thirty-six seconds older than him and proud of it!

___________________________


9. Chapter 9: In Which Fate Is Sealed With A Kiss by Schmerg_The_Impaler [ - ] (5150 words)
IT'S THE PENULTIMATE CHAPTER, CHARLIE BROWN! Well, I don't own Harry Potter or anything to do with HP, except this HP computer. Ouch, I've used that joke way too many times... I need some new material. This is definitely the most intense chapter of the story! Enjoy!
10. Chapter 10: In Which Our Heroes Are Called Just That by Schmerg_The_Impaler [ - ] (7302 words)
(THE LAST CHAPTER! Aw, man! Can you believe it? Well, the song I allude to-- and distort-- is "Werewolves of London" by Warren Zevon. Myess. ENJOY!)