Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Roses and Thorns by Phoebe Gruzelier

Printer
Summary: Love's not a bed of roses...
there's also pain, betrayal and heart-break.


A lonely and neglected girl. A stubborn young Order member. A sarcastic Healer. Hermione's been trusted with a secret. But with knowledge comes danger...

Againster a backround of prejudice, family ties and surpression, two powerful love stories are playing themselves out. But the clock is ticking against them...
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Alternate Universe
Characters: None
Warnings: Alternate Universe, Character Death
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 13 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 43265 Viewcount: 47065
Published on: 06/19/07 Updated On: 12/11/08





1. Chapter 1-Harry Comes Home by Phoebe Gruzelier [ - ] (3295 words)
I'd just like to remind you that anything you don't recognise belongs to me, except for Robert Moore (who belongs to himself).
All the italics with * after them are quoted directly from 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire' by the magical JK Rowling, from the chapter 'Veritaserum'.

2. Chapter 2- Messages by Phoebe Gruzelier [ - ] (4359 words)
Well, at long last I've finished this chapter. I kept on having to re-write it. It doesn't exactly do what I wanted it to, but I think it'll just have to do.

I dedicate this chapter to all the girls I know at my school who are being forced by their parents to becaome doctors or lawyers by their parents. This is for you!

3. Chapter 3-Robert Moore, Healer by Phoebe Gruzelier [ - ] (2829 words)
Not so long or so troublesome of chapter two, thankfully.

As always, nothing of this belongs for me, it belongs to JKR. Except for Robert Moore, but I have no claim on him. He's his own man through and through.

4. Chapter 4-The Only Man He Truly Trusted by Phoebe Gruzelier [ - ] (1736 words)
Come on, use your common sense guys. Do I LOOK like JKR?
To my best friends, Jo and Lucy, my never-failing sources and encouragement and inspiration.

5. Chapter 5 - Cassandra Trelawney by Phoebe Gruzelier [ - ] (3482 words)
Sorry for the delay! This took a long time to write and I forgot to take my notebook when I went on a 'literary pilgrimage' to Jane Austen's house in Chawton.

I have to dedicate this chapter to Jane Austen because she and her books completely rock!

Enjoy!

6. Chapter 6 - Welcome to St Mungo's by Phoebe Gruzelier [ - ] (2738 words)
This chapter is for David Tennant, because without him Barty Crouch would still be a straw-haired phyco with his soul sucked out.
7. Chapter 7 - An Everyday Story by Phoebe Gruzelier [ - ] (5066 words)
Just a quick appology: I swapped this chapter and the final installment of Hermione's trip to St. Mungo's before I realised that she was going to be in this one. Just to make it clear, this happens AFTER she gets back from seeing Cassandra, and I'll be writing that chapter next.

Hope you like the LONGEST CHAPTER yet!

This chapter has to be dedicated to my faithful reviewers, who make all the hours spent slogging on Microsoft Word worthwhile!

8. Chapter 8 – The Prophecy of the Six Elements by Phoebe Gruzelier [ - ] (2412 words)
For my mum, because she's always there to give me little words of wisdom and encoragement, even when I'm being stroppy.
9. Chapter 9 - New Beginnings by Phoebe Gruzelier [ - ] (1994 words)
For Alesha Dixon, winner of 2007's Strictly Come Dancing, because her beautiful dancing and bubbily personality have cheered me up during the depressing winter months.
10. Chapter 10 - Parents and Children by Phoebe Gruzelier [ - ] (4780 words)
Heya, guys!
Sorry it's been so long since I updated, I've had the small matter of the school play and exams within a week of each other. However, that's all done now, so I hope you enjoy the new chapter in this rather epic fic.

BE WARNED: It's very long!

11. Chapter 11 - Desperation by Phoebe Gruzelier [ - ] (2791 words)
Well, here it is!

I can't think of much to say...hope you don't all kill me when you get to the end (the biggest cliff-hanger so far!)

12. Chapter 12 - Returning Angel by Phoebe Gruzelier [ - ] (3323 words)
So...hope you haven't all been dying of suspense!
13. Chapter Thirteen - Seeing the Light by Phoebe Gruzelier [ - ] (4460 words)