Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Love, Hermione by Ronsgrl95

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Thank you guys for the awesome reviews for Dear Ron. I have worked really hard on this one and I hope it's as good as my first!

Disclaimer:I don't own Harry Potter or any of the characters. *sniffs* Oh Yeah...Summary: Hermione talks about the night she was hurt and where she is right now. She also mentions Ron comforting her when she found out "The News"
"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

Revelation 21:4 NIV

~_~_~


I am sitting on a large rock watching the beautiful blue sky in front of me. I have been here for almost 70 years and have thrived in every moment. It is different here, very different from Earth. There is no pain, no crying, and no sadness. There is just happiness in everything around you. I can’t describe it.

I can still remember life as it was when I was a teenager at Hogwarts. I was the biggest know-it-all but I had great friends. There was Harry and Ginny and Ron…

Ron.

I loved Ron. I still do. He was amazing. Ron was stubborn but he always stuck up for me when I needed it. I still remember the warmth in his arms and the softness of his lips. He was my life and I treasured every moment with him. I think about him often and I am still waiting for him to come join me in this paradise.

His time is near; he just doesn’t know it yet.

He has gone his whole entire life with the memory of me as a teenager. He still has the memory of the night I got hurt, the day he received my letter, and the day that I passed away. He almost lost his life to save me the night of the war. I was fighting with a Death Eater and he jumped in front of me when the Death Eater cursed me. It helped, but no long before another Death Eater casted the Cruiciatus curse on me. It hurt so bad I didn’t even cry. It felt like forever until the curse was lifted, but when it stopped I couldn’t move. I passed out from the pain and woke up in a hospital bed with my parents, the Weasley’s, and Harry standing around me.

Ron was sitting beside the bed holding my hand. He has a sad look on his face. I opened my eyes and kissed him on the cheek. We had been dating for 3 weeks and loved every minute of it. A healer came in with some potions and asked everyone to leave except for my family. Ron kissed my forehead and followed the rest of the bunch out.

That was the worst moment of my life. The healer told me that I wasn’t going to live. I had a few months until I died. Everything started to go through my mind. I would never be able to get married, to raise children, to live an adult life. I had so many feelings. Anger, sadness, frustration. Why did this have to happen to me? I wanted to do so many things with my life.

After I cried with my parents, Ron came back in to comfort me. I told him the news and he started to cry as well. The sadness in his eyes made me feel guilty. I probably could have done something to prevent being hurt like that. But I had no choice, I was going to die and leave all of my friends and family behind.

He sat on the bed and cradled me while I cried. I didn’t want to leave him or anyone else. I held onto him with the little strength I had and talked to him all night. He never left my side for 3 days.

When he finally did go home, it was because his Dad made him. Ron didn’t want to, but he did anyway and came everyday and stayed the whole time until it was very dark. I spent every moment with him being happy and showing him it was going to be ok. He would talk to me, but I could see the misery in his eyes that would stay there for eternity if I didn’t do something about it. I never brought up the fact that I was dying, but it hung over us like a rain cloud that didn’t pour rain, it poured the loneliness and heartsickness that was in our hearts.

When he left one night, I thought about what I should do to make him see that life was going to be ok without me. I did not want to talk to him person to person. But then I thought of it.

A letter.

I was going to write a letter to Ron. I was going to tell him that it everything was going to be ok. I would tell him how much I loved him and that I couldn’t live without him. I hoped he would finally see that life wouldn’t be the same, but that he could still life a wonderful life with the memory of me.

So I grabbed a quill and parchment and began writing the letter that would not only change his life, but would change mine as well.

~_~_~