Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

In The Hands Of A Death Eater by Miss Melody

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Disclaimer: I am not J.K. Rowling, therefore, I do not own the Harry Potter characters.
I love reviews. Just saying.
Draco remembered exactly how he felt when he heard Harry Potter was missing. Joy ran through his veins, and an excitement like none other filled through him. Draco couldn’t help but laugh the moment that Pansy had told him.

That Potter freak is gone. He just up and left in the middle of the night.” Pansy had to suppress giggles every five seconds just to tell him that. Draco had burst into a joyous laughter. Nothing could bring down his mood.

The famous Harry Potter has run away because he is too weak to face his problems. Draco laughed at this thought. So much for being a “brave Gryffindor.”

After realizing what this meant, Draco scurried off to the owlery. He knew he had to send his father an owl, telling him the hilarious news. To Draco’s surprise, though, his father hadn’t found it funny at all. Actually, Lucius Malfoy had found it very annoying.

“Draco, this is no laughing matter. If no one can locate him, don’t you think that includes The Dark Lord? If you don’t straighten up, I will have my way with you…”

The letter went on to say how his father would punish him. The longest bit in the letter, though, was the description of how much of a failure Draco was becoming. Draco couldn’t understand why his father had become so angry, but it didn’t matter. His father was angry, and that’s all that mattered. Draco could remember an exact line from the letter that had burned itself inside Draco’s mind.

“If you continue this way, you will no longer be my son.”

Draco swore he would prove himself worthy. Draco would redeem himself no matter what it took. He would find some way to impress his father.



  • It had been three days since Harry had gone missing. Draco had been watching Hermione and Ron closely for any signs of them feeling weak. Hermione was the only one to show this weakness. As the days had gone on, Hermione was visibly becoming more and more upset, while Ron had seemed to become an angry ball of fire.

    “Hermione, I’m sorry about Pot-head,” Draco grinned. “ I heard that he left because he’d become a coward. You know, he could have already been caught by You-Know-Who.” Draco’s smile became even wider as he watched Hermione’s expression fade between anger and being upset.

    “Shut up, Malfoy.” Ron stepped in front of Hermione, whom now had glistening tears in her eyes. “No one gives a crap what rumors you’re starting.”

    “The sad girl can’t talk for herself? I mean, a ‘powerful’ Mudblood should be able to fight her own battles. Shouldn’t she?” Draco laughed at his own joke as he slid away.

    “You’re just jealous that I get better marks in every class. The fact that you can’t be top of our year because you know a Muggle-born will be beating you for first embarrasses you.” Hermione’s voice quivered. “Won’t your daddy be a bit upset that I, of all people, beat you in class rankings?”

    Draco turned back around. His face was now flaming red. “You … you little …” Draco was at a loss for words. “I ought to …” Draco froze in his place at the sight of Professor McGonagall.

    “Any problems here?” Professor McGonagall stepped in.

    “No, ma’am,” the three chimed in unison. Draco still glared at Hermione for her remarks. Hermione was looking at Professor McGonagall, while Ron watched Draco for any sudden movements.

    “Good. Miss Granger, may I speak with you for a minute in my office?” Professor McGonagall ordered rather than asked.

    “Of course, ma’am,” Hermione replied and walked off with Professor McGonagall in the direction of the Transfiguration classroom. Ron turned and walked away, huffing, still mad at Draco’s comments.

    Draco suddenly realized something. Hermione might be learning something about Harry. Draco’s face lit up. Yet, Ron hadn’t been asked to join them. Draco ignored that thought and figured it’d be no harm to listen in. He strode down the hallway after Hermione and Professor McGonagall.

    “You cannot tell anyone else. Is that understood, Hermione?” Professor McGonagall questioned from inside her classroom.

    “Oh, yes. I completely understand, ma’am. Except, why can’t Ron or Ginny know?” Hermione’s whining voice bothered Draco more than usual.

    “Dumbledore and I realize that you are all close to Harry, but believe you are the one who can … keep it a secret. That’s not saying we don’t trust Ron or Ginny. We were both a bit afraid they might let it slip to a close friend or sibling. It sounds mean, I know. But it’s all for Harry’s protection. We can’t let this information get in the wrong hands. The reason you’re getting to know is because we believe you can assure Ron and Ginny that Harry is fine once you believe it.” Professor McGonagall droned on as Draco drifted in and out.

    “Where is Harry and why, then?” Hermione questioned.

    “I’m afraid I can’t tell you why, but he’s in “ ” Crash! An eruption of items crashing to the ground had sounded from the end of the hallway. Draco turned his head to see a first year that had just slammed into a piece of armor.

    “When Dumbledore feels he is able to, he may explain who Harry is with and why,” Professor McGonagall finished up.

    I missed it, Draco moaned inside his mind. Father would have been so pleased with me. And now, I’ve failed him once again. Draco’s face turned into a frown as he scurried from the Transfiguration classroom. The joy he had felt just moments ago had now been replaced with displeasure. Then, a light bulb went off in his head. I may not be able to tell him the location, but I can tell him who knows.

    With that in mind, Draco hurried off to the dormitory to send his father an owl. Draco knew his father would be pleased with him, so Draco himself was quite pleased.