Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The House by Ronsgrl95

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: A BIG thanks to LiliaBear who is an author here for fixing up my story. It was a wreck and she kindly helped me. *Hugs* I thought of this story in class one day when my teacher said "Write a story about a house you see after your husband/wife and children are all killed. I tweaked it up a bit and made it into a FF. I know this is a very long author note, but anyway...hope you like it! And, oh yeah, how could I be so stupid?!?! I need to thank MJ_Padfoot for helping me get this story back on track. She told me to get a beta and helped clean it up some too! Huggles!

Disclaimer:I do not own Harry Potter.
The House




Standing across the street, I gaze with weary eyes at the home which looks like I feel; empty, hollow, alone.



"How could this happen?" I whisper aloud as a sprinkle of rain starts to fall from the sky. I can't look at the sky because it reminds me of that night.



But I have no choice; I am forced to remember the night that everything I loved left me.



~_~_~_~




I fell to the grass, panting. I took in deep breaths and managed to sit up. Bodies lay all around me, some dead, some injured.



I had just defeated Voldemort with every ounce of strength that I had.



"Harry! You did it, you defeated him!" came a shout from behind me.



I spun around painfully to see Hermione grasping her bloody hand and running towards me. She was scratched and bruised, but not as much as I was.



"Where's Ginny? And where's Ron?" I asked.



She gave me a nervous look. "I don't know where Ginny is. Last time I saw her, she was fighting with a Death Eater. And Ron…he's gone. Bellatrix killed him."



I felt a lurch in my stomach and felt I was going to vomit.



Ron was gone. My best friend. And…Ginny.



"I have to find her."



"I'll help."



She looked as though she would collapse any time now.



She helped me up and started to desperately search for Ginny.



After about half an hour, we found her.



She was lying on the ground behind a big tree, still clutching her wand. Hermione knelt down and with shaky hands, tried to find a pulse.



"Wait, there's…she's still alive!" Hermione said. Tears were now streaming down her face.



I picked Ginny up and cradled her.



"Ginny, please, wake up! Please!"



Ginny slowly moved her head as though she was waking up. She slowly opened her eyes.



"Harry?" she asked softly.



"Ginny, thank God! We need to get you to St. Mungo's right away."



I started to stand up with Ginny in my arms when she said, "It's no use. It's already too late."



I looked down at her with pleading eyes, not wanting to believe what she just said. "What do you mean, Gin?"



"Harry, it's no use. I'm going to leave this Earth. I think the time is now."



I started crying. She had never seen me cry like this. We were going to get married once she finished school. We were going to have a future together. "No! Hermione and I are going to save you."



"I'm sorry Harry. I don't want to go. But this is my time."



I sat down along with Hermione, who was crying as well.



"I'll miss you Harry, but you will be with me again once your time comes. And you too Hermione."



Ginny gave us a weak smile as she reached up and lightly kissed me on the cheek. She grabbed my hand and squeezed it as hard as she could.



"I love you, Harry."



She closed her eyes and went quiet, her young life leaving her human body behind.




~_~_~_~




The rain pours down harder onto my shoulders, drenching my pain and heartache. She is gone.



I fall to my knees, energy leaving my body.



The dirty, tall house on the other side of the street creaks and sways a tiny bit in the wind.



I slowly walk towards the house and take in the dead flowers and broken windows. A small sign is left on the front door, or what is left of it.



The house seems so familiar, something so close to my heart but I don't know why. I brush away the cobwebs and dust on the sign that used to be welcoming and comforting, but is now sad and gloomy.



I break down into sobs as I read what the sign says.



"Ginny, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," I cry.



I wish I could go back to that night and stop everything from happening. I want to save Ginny and Hermione, but I have no choice.



I have to keep moving on. Ginny will always be in my heart, and I will see her again some day.



I get up from the ground and walk away from the house that I once knew. It overshadows me, but I know that Ginny is still in my heart, no matter what happens.



The house gets smaller and smaller, but my love for Ginny gets bigger and bigger. I guess everything has a reason, so I will learn to accept that.



I turn my head and take one last look at the house that I had spent half of my life at. The house where I first met Ginny and where I spent Christmas at every year. The sign on the door is a reminder to me, with its two words that haunt me.



The Burrow



A/N: Yes, I know... Very dramatic. But ya gotta love a fan fiction soap! Thanks for reading and please review!