Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Pain Doesn't Cost a Thing by Ron x Hermione

Printer
Summary: Even from young children, Brett and Emma have been inseparable. When they are eleven, they both get letters to a famous Wizarding school. But their luck runs deeper as they soon find out that they’ve been placed into the same house. But that all comes crashing down when Brett has to move away to a northern country for his parents’ occupations. They can no longer have contact, and are utterly heartbroken, realising they’ve been in love this entire time.

---

The year is 2044 and Emma Collins is now seventeen and in her seventh year at Hogwarts. She’s made new friends and is beautiful and talented. While it’s taken her a while to get over the loss of her old friend, she’s just gotten back on track in her life and every boy is starting to notice her, looking twice when she walks past. When he, Brett, left, she was heartbroken.

But Emma’s life takes a drastic change when she learns of the TriWizard Tournament, a series of dangerous competitions in which students (that are strictly seventeen) compete in dangerous tasks to win the glory and envy of the two schools that are challenging them. Emma decides to enter, but she knows she won’t even be considered for the contest. Or will she?

Emma’s whole life is challenged; with someone she once loved’s return, horrific deaths, utter and heartbreaking betrayal, and challenging tasks, she has only one mission: to survive the next day in her final year at Hogwarts.

This was written by Ron x Hermione of Hufflepuff, trying not to perish herself as she answers the call to the TriWizard Tournament Competition.

This story got first place in the Triwizard Tales Challenge!!!!! Thanks so much to the judges and all of the lovely reviewers who kept me going! *hugs*
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Dark/Angsty Fics
Characters: None
Warnings: Abuse, Character Death, Mental Disorders
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 8 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 39544 Viewcount: 21983
Published on: 07/01/07 Updated On: 08/03/07





1. A Love Left in the Dust by Ron x Hermione [ - ] (3075 words)
This was written for the TriWizard Tournament Challenge. I will hurry to finish this by the deadline of July 20th *shakes head furiously at procrastinating self*. Please enjoy, because I'm quite proud of this first chapter.
2. The Chosen One by Ron x Hermione [ - ] (3328 words)
Thanks again to the lovely Hallie for beta-ing this chapter. Please enjoy, and I hope you like this chapter, guys. You'll love the next.
3. The Weighing of a Relationship by Ron x Hermione [ - ] (4105 words)
This is the third chapter, and I really enjoyed writing this. I hope that you all enjoy reading it! Thanks so very, very much to my best friend Kate for looking this over for me and helping me immensely with my story. Thanks for aiding me in my scheming and discussing delightful endings with me, no matter how much you don't like them. I'm so sorry I ruined the ending for you, dear. *hugs*
4. The First Task and Fearful Times by Ron x Hermione [ - ] (5218 words)
This is the fourth chapter of this lovely tale. I hope you enjoy! I apologise profusely, but there won't be any updates until at least next Monday, as I'm going on vacation and won't have any computer access. *cringes* That just gives me a lot more lovely time to think up some crazy ideas, and let me tell you, they will be interesting. ;) I'm going to book it on this story as soon as I get home, though--- but of course, after DH comes out and I've read it from cover to cover. I wish you all the best with the ending of the HP series. I can't stay far away from the developing relationship of Brett and Emma, so I'll hurry. *loves* Thanks so much to my dedicated reviewers and readers--- I appreciate all the lovely feedback you give me, and it keeps me going on this story. *hugs*
5. Dreams and Obtuse Beginnings by Ron x Hermione [ - ] (5482 words)
Here's the lovely fifth chapter! This was supposed to be five and six, but I didn't think I'd have time for the deadline of the challenge. I hope it doesn't seem rushed! I love you all. *hugs lovely readers* And this one's for you.
6. Pieces of Parchment, Brilliant Recollections, and Second Tasks by Ron x Hermione [ - ] (5096 words)
Thanks so much to the loveliest beta a girl could ask for, Fresca/Colores! *hugs*
7. Revolting Images and Wallowing Days by Ron x Hermione [ - ] (3242 words)
I know that you all are going to hate me for this chapter, but this had to be done. I love you all. You too, Kate.
8. Insanity Comes in All Forms by Ron x Hermione [ - ] (9998 words)
I love you all and am happy to see reviewers who have stayed with me until the end. Thanks to Fresca for betaing.