Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Problematic GC by roXtar

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Disclaimer: awesome characters belong to JKR, as does setting and you know what.... I just used a bit of my imagination


GC stands for Ginny Cho

And thanks to my wonderful unofficial beta Weaselchick, who also happens to be my amazing big sister!!


Finally a fic, up... this is by me, roXtar, and please R&R!!!


WARNING!: to those of you who like Cho, pick a different fic to read, or suffer displeasure..... mwa ha ha ha
________________________________________________
Harry and Ginny left the common room hand in hand. At first both were at a loss of words. They silently left the castle and walked toward the lake.



The sky was clear, the sun was shining, and the lake was undisturbed. A few Hufflepuffs and Slytherins could be seen wandering the grounds, but other than that is was quiet and peaceful. Ginny sat under the large tree nearest to the lake, and Harry sat down next to her.



Ginny smiled at him. “You’re a great kisser.” She stated matter-of-factly.



Harry blushed, “Er… thanks…”



“Did Cho ever tell you that?” She asked innocently, laying her head on Harry’s lap.



“No, but you are a much better kisser than her.”



Ginny giggled.



“And your kiss was dry. I like dry kisses… no tears involved.”



Ginny laughed out right at this. “Don’t worry, your kisses are so good, they should stop anyone from crying… but I kind of want to save them all for myself.”



Harry laughed and began running his fingers through her long silky red hair. “You liked me for a long time. Did you have any idea, this might happen?” he asked.



“I hoped,” Ginny answered, eyes closed, enjoying Harry’s gentle touch. “But I never really thought. I mean you're Harry Potter… you could have anyone.” Ginny giggled, “And besides, once you liked Cho, I thought it was over.”



Harry kissed her gently. “I may not have noticed then, but I’d take you over Cho any day.”



“Is that right?”



Ginny sat bolt upright and they both saw Cho Chang come out from behind a nearby bush.



“Did you follow us?” asked Ginny incredulously.



“I saw you two leave the castle and I was wondering what it was all about.” Cho answered coolly.



“A little jealous, are you?” Ginny asked testily. “Or just upset that you lost?”



“Needed to grab another pretty girl who broke up with her boyfriend, Harry?” Cho asked coldly, ignoring Ginny.



“No...” Harry said, utterly confused.



“No,” Ginny said firmly. “Harry realized his mistake and went for a nice girl with some backbone this time. One who wouldn’t break down at the mere thought of a relationship.”



“My boyfriend actually died, Ginny. The thought of a dead boyfriend is kind of depressing.”



“Oh, so you blame Harry do you?”



“No, but maybe I should. He never cared to talk much about Cedric anyway.”



“It hurt me to talk about him just as much as it hurt you!” Harry exclaimed. “You didn’t see him die!”



“Maybe not,” Cho said, “but you could be a little more sensitive. After that breakup we went out and you were tactless. Now we break up and you go out with someone else!”



“I’m allowed to date other girls, Cho. You’re not the only eligible girl for me.”



“Cho, why don’t you try the third best boy in Hogwarts?” Ginny suggested. “The hottest one died; the second, who is also famous, is now taken; so it’s time to move on to contestant number three.”



Cho drew her wand. “How dare you! You think I only go for the ones everyone else likes too? You’re one to talk, your first ever crush was the famous Harry Potter!”



Ginny jumped up and drew her own wand. “Too true, but I was ten. By the time I reached fifth year, I was going out with a normal guy; you went straight for Cedric.”



Harry stood between them. “Ok, guys, it doesn’t matter.” How could girls get so fussy over some guys?



“Oh, Harry, you just want to get out of another sticky situation by just blowing the whole thing off,” Cho said scathingly. “After blowing off Cedric’s death this must be so easy””



“I DIDN’T BLOW OFF HIS DEATH!” Harry yelled, rounding on Cho. “HE DIED, AND I ACTUALLY SAW IT! IT HURTS TO TALK ABOUT IT! I THOUGHT YOU MIGHT UNDERSTAND THAT!”



His shouts caught the attention of a few people nearby, and some heads could now be seen peeking out of the castle windows.



Cho looked slightly frightened, and she said in a shaky but determined voice, “You told me you spoke about it with Ron and Hermione, and I guess Ginny as well.”



“Right after it happened, I needed people to talk to for a bit; but I spoke to only my closest friends, not someone who I wasn’t even dating yet!”



“Cho, you’re the one being inconsiderate!” Ginny exclaimed. “You think that Cedric dies, and life is so hard! Harry’s been through more than you could possibly imagine! You can’t compare one death to that.”



Harry nodded soberly, “Cho, I’m sorry about the pain Cedric’s death caused you. I’m sorry that I was no help after that, but that just shows I’m not the guy for you; I just don’t understand you.”



As soon as he said these words he regretted them; he had definitely hit a nerve. Cho raised her wand and said through gritted teeth, “Oh, so you understand Ginny but not me? Is that right? I’m just so thick, and hard to understand?”



Ginny raised her wand and stepped forward. “Yeah Cho, you’re right, you are thick!”



Harry didn’t know what to do. He had two angry girls on either side of him, ready to hex each other, and he was caught in the middle. “Wait guys,” he tried dismally. “Listen, this isn’t something worth fighting over…. Let’s just move on… and… come on…”



“No, Harry,” Ginny said, eyes flashing dangerously, “We’ll finish this now.”



“No, Ginny stop,” Harry murmured, grabbing her wand arm gently. “It’s not worth it, come on…”



Cho smiled nastily and lowered her wand. “You’re right. We’re ladies. Let’s do this properly, Ginny.”



Ginny and Harry both stared at her.



“I propose a Snitchette,” she said. “Best of five. One bludger, and three hits.”



Harry, who still didn’t know everything a normal wizard did, raised an eyebrow in confusion. “A what?”



“Deal,” Ginny replied. “Meet you on the pitch in 30 minutes.”



Cho nodded curtly, and walked away.



Harry turned to Ginny. “A what?”



“A Snitchette,” Ginny explained as calmly as she could, “Is where two seekers have to catch the Snitch a certain amount of times; no other players on the field. The rules may vary, but that’s the basics.” She sat back down breathing heavily and getting her anger under control.



Harry sat beside her and put his arm around her. She immediately felt a calm and safe feeling Harry beside her, and Harry felt her breathing slow down instantly.



“What was Cho talking about: five and three hits or something?” he asked.



“The snitch is released five times, and whoever catches it the most times wins. We will release one bludger, and since there are no beaters and only two players on the field, we have to watch out for the bludger while still looking for the snitch. If you get hit by the bludger three times, you immediately lose.”



“This doesn’t sound pretty,” Harry muttered. “Or lady-like.”



Ginny laughed. “Cho’s just hoping she can have a two for one special. If she beats me, she gets back at me beating her in Quidditch, and taking you away from her.”



“Sounds like you’re my charming princess,” Harry chuckled.



Ginny kissed him sweetly. “Well your always saving everyone else, someone has to be there to save you.”



Harry grinned. “Good to know I’ll be carefully watched by two Weasley women. I hope you don’t fuss as much as your Mum.”



“No, no, don’t worry.” Ginny assured him, “I don’t fuss. I just watch and help in whatever way is necessary. I’ll leave the fussing to Mum.”



“Good, because I love your Mum dearly… but two is just a little too much love for me.”



Ginny laughed, and slowly got to her feet, pulling Harry with her. “Come on, I need to go get ready, and you need to get a good seat."