Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Problematic GC by roXtar

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Disclaimer: All wonderful characters are JK Rowling’s of course!!! Hogwarts is as well, and all the magic, and etc… I just used my imagination once again… oh and the Snitchette is from my own brilliance... if I had any…..


And of course thanks to my amazing unoficial beta but official sister Weaselchick, who makes this all possible!!

I am SO sorry for the long wait!!! With future stories, I promise to try really hard not to make you wait this long!!!! Thanks all for your patience!!! Please forgive me! R&R!! HAPPY READING!


________________________________________________



Ginny and Harry re-entered the common room, hand in hand. Many people whistled and cheered once again, and Harry beamed. Ginny, however, smirked.



“Ok, guys!” she announced to the Gryffindors. “Cho Chang and I are having a Snitchette in 30 minutes. Anyone wishing to join us is welcome.”




After a slight pause, people began to cheer and slowly made their way out of the common room. Harry laughed at the satisfied look on Ginny’s face; she headed toward her dormitory, but Ron blocked her path.




“A Snitchette?” he demanded. “Why?



“Ron, she challenged me. Naturally, I agreed,” Ginny answered calmly.




“Why the hell would she do that?” Ron asked, confused.



“She saw Harry and me together and got upset, so she challenged me to a Snitchette. No big deal.”




Ron looked like he wanted to argue, but Hermione grabbed his arm. “It’s girl stuff,” she explained, and steered him out of the portrait hole.



“I’ll be right back,” she said, laughing. “Ask Fred and George to get the balls.”



Harry watched her go, and then turned to see the twins right behind him.



“When did you get here?” Harry asked, smiling at them.



“We came in for the match,” Fred answered matter-of-factly.



“Duh,” George affirmed, “Final match of the year! Ron and Ginny playing! Couldn’t miss it now could we?”




“You should’ve heard Luna,” Fred said, amused. “She was spectacular! Oh,” he sighed, mimicking Luna’s dreamy voice. “Oh, look, Michael Corner seems to have been hit by a bludger. How terrible…”



He and George laughed heartily, and Harry chuckled. “Better than Lee, would you say?” he asked.




“Well…” George mused. “I’d say different. Lee was funny, but…”




“Luna was hysterical!” Fred finished, laughing madly.



Harry grinned. “Well, better take care of those balls then,” he said, heading toward the portrait hole.



“Don’t worry,” Fred began, clapping him on the shoulder.




“We’ll take care of the balls,” George continued, clapping him on the other shoulder.



“You take care of Ginny,” they said together.



Harry smiled and nodded, and they smiled back before leaving the common room.



* * *



Harry and Ginny walked onto the pitch together.



“You’ll be great. Just show her what you’ve got.” Harry reassured her, giving her hand a squeeze.



Ginny kissed him sweetly. “I’ve got a Firebolt, Harry. Your Firebolt. I’ll be fine.”



Harry beamed, and kissed her once again before heading off to the stands. Ginny found Cho walking across the field toward her, looking livid. She saw Harry kiss me, Ginny thought happily. Well, she should be jealous. Ginny smirked at Cho when they reached the middle of the pitch.



You’re going down,” Cho hissed.



“Yeah, just like Harry’s your boyfriend,” she replied coolly.



“Now ladies,” Fred said, “Save the nastiness. Just… FLY!” he shouted the last word, so everyone could hear him. Cho and Ginny shot up in the air as George released one bludger and Fred released the snitch.



“TEN!” Fred began counting down until the point that they could go after the snitch. “NINE! EIGHT! SEVEN!...”



Ginny flew high above the field. Harry’s Firebolt felt great; she looked and saw him in the stands, smiling up at her. Ginny immediately began looking for the snitch. She dodged the bludger, and it shot off toward Cho. Just then she spotted the snitch hovering by one of the goal posts.



“…THREE! TWO! ONE! GO!”



Ginny and Cho raced toward the goal post, each of them dodging the bludger as it made individual attempts on each of them. Being as there were a minimal amount of players in the air, and no one was hitting it, the bludger would attack each person in turn. If dodged, it would try to hit the other Seeker. If not…



“Oooooh!” shouted the crowd, as the bludger hit Cho’s leg. It had clearly cracked, and now hung limply over her broom. She shrieked in pain, but continued speeding toward the snitch after Ginny, which was now picking up the pace. In a Snitchette, the snitch has the liberty of toying with the Seekers by speeding up and slowing down; unlike in a regular match, where the snitch flies at a fast yet constant speed.



Ginny laid flat on her broom, willing it to go faster. She could feel it gathering speed beneath her, and she saw the snitch getting closer.



Cho caught up with her, and cast a shadow over Ginny as she flew right above her. Cho dropped an inch, tauntingly; any lower and she’d kick Ginny with her injured leg.




Ginny smirked. Cho wanted to make this tricky; Ginny was up for the challenge. She rolled, and the crowd gasped. Ginny was now flying upside down. She saw the bludger coming up on her left, and dropped a few feet to dodge it.




The snitch was inches from Cho’s outstretched hand, and Ginny, still upside down, shot back up toward her. She reached up, snatched the snitch, rolled over so she was back on top of her broom, and with a spurt of speed she shot past Cho.



The Gryffindors cheered; the Ravenclaws simply glowered. Ginny flew back to Fred and George.




“Well done Gin,” Fred said, winking.



“Way to show her!” George exclaimed, taking the snitch. “One down…”



“Four to go,” Fred finished.



“Oh, I haven’t even gotten started,” Ginny assured them, and she mounted her broom once again and flew up into the air.




Fred and George grinned. “Ginny caught the snitch,” Fred announced.



“For those of you idiots who hadn’t noticed,” George added.



“That leaves four catches left,” Fred informed the crowd. “So without further ado,” he said, and released the snitch.



Ginny watched its progress. It flew up and down, and left and right, taunting them to try and get it. Well, she would try and get it, and she would succeed.



“THREE!” bellowed Fred, “TWO! ONE! GO!”



Ginny shot at the snitch and it immediately flew up and over her. She pivoted, and the bludger made a beeline for her head. She bent backward, and it flew over her, inches from her nose. The bludger shot straight at Cho who was right behind her. Cho flew under the bludger to avoid the risk of it hitting her injured leg.



Ginny raced toward the snitch. It was inches from her fingers and she didn’t see the bludger coming. Just as she caught the snitch, the bludger came pelting toward her and she didn’t have time to duck. The bludger hit her in the stomach, and she fell off her broom. Fred and George were directly below her just in time to catch her and the fallen broom stick.



“Ginny!” George yelped, pushing the hair out of her face. “You ok?”



“Yeah… I’ll be fine… no really Fred, George, I’m fine!” She stammered, getting to her feet.



“Alright,” Fred exclaimed. “She’s ok and we still have a game!”



Seeing Ginny get to her feet and mount her broom, the Gryffindors cheered loudly, and the Ravenclaws clapped politely.




“Ok, and we’ll release the snitch for the third time,” Fred told the crowd. “And now Ginny and Cho have one hit each, and Ginny has two catches!” At this last comment the Gryffindors applauded loudly, and Ginny waved at her supporters.




“George, if you will,” Fred said, and when George released the snitch he began the countdown. “TEN! NINE! EIGHT!...”



Cho watch the snitch very carefully, and prepared herself. She would not lose to Ginny. She would not




Cho heard Fred bellow, “TWO! ONE! GO!” And shot off toward the snitch. She flew like she had never flown before. Even though Ginny’s Firebolt was faster than her Nimbus 2000, she was determined.



“Faster, come on,” she urged her broom. She had completely forgotten about the bludger, and barely had time to move as it came at her from the side. She sped up in order for it to miss colliding with her uninjured leg. The bludger almost missed, but it hit the tail of her broom, and she was sent spinning off course. She quickly righted herself, and saw Ginny closing in on the snitch, fifteen feet away.



With an amazing spurt of speed, she closed the gap between her and Ginny, and rammed into her. Ginny flew a few inches left, and Cho had just enough time to grab the snitch. She flew toward the ground with the Ravenclaws cheering her on.



“How do you like that?” she mocked, handing George the snitch.



“You need to catch two more,” he replied, smirking. “I’d like to see it happen.”



“Oh, you will,” she hissed.



“Yeah,” Fred taunted. “One day. When we’re old and crooked, and you’re not up against our sister.”




Cho didn’t respond. She mounted her broom and flew into the air, as Fred began his countdown, and George released the snitch once again.



She thinks she’s gonna win it now, Ginny thought, smirking. Well, let her think it… she’s going down!



“GO!” Fred shouted, and Ginny and Cho shot toward the snitch yet again. Ginny dodged the bludger with ease, and she saw Cho do the same on her right. Ginny knew the bludger would come after her now, but where was it? She looked left and right, and realized too late where it must be.



The bludger shot at her from behind. Ginny spun around, and it hit her left shoulder. She completely lost the feeling in her left arm, and before she knew what was happening, she was hurtling toward the ground holding her broom with one hand.




George yelled, “Impedimenta!” And Ginny slowed just in time for Fred to grab the broom handle, and land her safely on the ground.



Cho landed a few feet away, snitch in hand, and waited impatiently for Ginny to be ready to finish the Snitchette.




“Ginny?” Fred asked tentatively. “Can you finish the game?”




“No pressure,” George assured her, “but we really want you to wipe that smirk off Cho’s face.”



Ginny grinned. “Oh, I will boys,” she said determinately, “I will. She won’t know what hit her!”



“That’s our little sister!” Fred exclaimed, helping her to her feet.



The Gryffindors applauded, as Ginny flew high in the air, eyes flashing dangerously. Let’s end this.



“Ladies and Gentelmen,” Fred’s magically magnified voice announced. “This round will declare our winner! Ginny two, Cho two, and both cannot be hit with the bludger, or they automatically forfeit the game. So, George will now release the snitch for the last time!”




“Thank you all for coming today! And remember to visit Weasley’s Wizard Weezes number ninety-three Diagon Alley!” George called to the crowd, and everyone laughed. He then released the snitch, and Fred counted down.



Both girls watched the snitch’s progress, and when Fred shouted, “GO!” both shot after it.



Ginny was paying close attention to the bludger now; she couldn’t afford to get hit. Apparently Cho was doing the same, and it slowed them both down. After a long and tedious stretch of bludger dodging, they reached the snitch. Neck and neck they reached out for it, and the bludger came hurtling toward Cho from behind. Cho was forced to dodge it, and Ginny caught the snitch.




The Gryffindors cheered loudly, and a few Ravenclaws clapped politely once more. Ginny landed on the ground, still clutching the snitch tightly in her right hand. All the Gryffindors gathered around Ginny as Cho watched from the sky in disbelief. She saw Harry push past everyone and scoop Ginny up in his arms.



“Watch the shoulder!” she yelped.



“Sorry,” Harry muttered, releasing her, and kissing her gently.



High above them, Cho suddenly had the strangest sensation, an unexplained urge that she must beat Ginny. She zoomed toward the ground, and the crowd scattered. She landed right in front of Harry and Ginny, and dismounted.



“Good game,” Ginny said politely, offering her hand. Cho literally slapped it away.



“You”you -- ” she spluttered, so enraged she couldn’t find words.



Harry stepped forward. “Cho,” he said calmly, pushing Ginny behind him slightly. “Ginny won. And it’s ok. There’s nothing wrong between any of us. We can all just be””



“WHAT?” Cho screamed, shaking with fury. “Be what, Harry… friends? We can all just be friends? You don’t understand how this”this””



“What?” Harry asked. “I don’t understand what? Tell me, Cho, and I’ll try. I really will.”




Yet Cho couldn’t explain the emotions that were filling her mind and body. To be perfectly honest, she had never loved Harry like Cedric and she knew she never would. Maybe that’s the problem, she told herself. Maybe, Harry was as close to Cedric as I could get, and now that’s gone. What do I have left?



Cho looked at Harry. He stood there so innocently, trying to help her… but did she really want to be helped? Then she looked at Ginny, holding Harry’s arm, and the anger swelled inside her once more. I’m jealous, she realized angrily. Because I do want Harry, but now she’s got him.



However, Cho pushed this to the back of her mind. She couldn’t be jealous. She wouldn’t be. She wouldn’t say it. “You’ve always been blinded when it comes to girls’ feelings, Harry,” she told him, a little more calmly. “Well, I don’t want to take your crap anymore. I’m through trying to break through your thick head.”



“Well, I may have a thick head,” Harry replied, hotly. “But at least it keeps my eyes dry. Need a tissue? In case you start bawling again?”



A few people sniggered, and Cho drew her wand. “Petrificus Tota””



“EXPELIARMUS!”



Cho’s wand flew from her hand before she had finished the spell. Someone standing a few feet away with her wand drawn, caught it. Romilda Vane walked over to stand by Harry, her face white with furry. Harry’s draw dropped, and Ginny stifled a giggle.




“How dare you attack, Harry!” She demanded through clenched teeth.



Cho was taken aback. She, like so many around her, had clearly not expected this.



“Now,” she hissed, advancing on Cho, “You little snake. Go back to that castle and stay up there like a good little girl.” She stepped forward both wands raised, and Cho flinched. But Romilda threw Cho’s wand back to her and finished, “And if you ever come near Harry again, you will answer directly to me.”




Cho, with a mixture of fear and surprise on her face, stumbled backward and ran up to castle with many of her Ravenclaw friends running behind her.



Romilda smirked in a satisfied manner, and turned back to Harry and Ginny. Harry’s mouth was hanging wide open, and Ginny was now on sitting on the ground in a fit of giggles.



“Well, Harry, she shouldn’t be bothering you anymore.” she said, stowing her wand in her robes. Then, blushing slightly, she asked, “Could I have a word possibly?”



Harry nodded numbly, and he and Romilda walked a few feet away from the crowd that was slowly moving back toward the castle. Fred and George were simply kneeling next to Ginny, roaring with laugher, not bothering to help her, or go up to the castle themselves.



“Harry… I… er… I wanted to apologize,” she stammered, not nearly as brave as she was a moment ago. “I realize I’ve been… a little over-obsessed, and I’m sure it got annoying. I just wanted to… to clear things up between us… I mean I’d rather be your friend than… well… be an over-obsessive and disappointed fan girl… so… I…er… yeah…” She finished speaking, now beet red, and staring at the floor.



Harry, finally recovering, smiled at her. “Apology accepted,” he said, holding out his hand. “I’d like us to be friends.”



Romilda ignored his hand, and instead gave him a small hug.



“Besides,” Harry said, as they walked back to Ginny and the twins. “I could use someone as smart as you on my side. Love potion in chocolate… and it really worked!” He laughed, and Romilda reddened slightly.



“Er… thanks… I think,” she muttered. “But how did you know it worked? You didn’t have any did you?”



“Nah,” Harry answered, grinning. “My friend Ron accidentally ate some on his birthday because they had fallen on the floor and he thought they were a present for him. You should have seen him, it was a good laugh.” Romilda giggled, still red, but looked slightly pleased.



Harry bent down beside Ginny, whose giggles had only mildly subsided. “Ginny, you ok?”



“Nah, but she will be,” Fred said, hoisting her onto one shoulder. Quidditch certainly paid off.



“Yeah…” George explained, grabbing the crate of Quidditch balls. “It might take a while but she always stops eventually.”



Romilda giggled, and Harry gave her a warning look, and muttered, “Not you too.”



“No, I’m fine,” she assured him, grinning. “I just can’t believe she found this all that funny. It’s hysterical.”



Harry laughed, and he, Romilda, George carrying the crate of balls, and Fred carrying Ginny, all made their way back up to the castle.



______________________________________________




A/N: Thanks to DA General for asking about Romilda Vane in a review….. this inspired me to use her in this story, though not in the way I had thought. Origionally I was debating with myself wheather to use Cho or Romilda; or use both and make a three way fight for Harry. I dropped this plan, and I’m glad that I did. But when DA General reviewed, I was inspired with this new idea, and I am quite happy with it!! Thanks DA General !!!!!!!