Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Recolitus Optimus by megan_lupin

Printer
Summary: Who would have thought that a sleepless night would spawn an adventure that includes Dark magic, giants, Diagon Alley, secret societies, and ancient prophecies? Certainly not Sirius Black.

Written for the “Mini-Gauntlet Writing Challenge” by megan_lupin of Gryffindor.

Edit: Received First Place!

Edit #2: Nominated for "Best History/Mystery Story" in the 2008 QSQ Awards
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ] Past Featured Story
Category: Marauder Era
Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 2 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 12614 Viewcount: 4758
Published on: 07/16/07 Updated On: 07/18/07





1. Part I: It All Started with a Card by megan_lupin [ - ] (6575 words)
Disclaimer: Anything you recognise (like Sirius) does not belong to me, however much I wish that it did. Instead, it all belongs to J. K. Rowling. I’m just borrowing the characters and setting for a time. However, anything you do not recognise does belong to me.



Well, this Gauntlet entry was a great deal of fun to write, and Sirius cooperated with me a lot better than Lucius did on the fourth Gauntlet run. The story also turned out to be so long that it needed to be split into two chapters. And so, I present for your enjoyment, ‘Part I: It All Started with a Card’.



2. Part II: Dark Witches and Prophecies by megan_lupin [ - ] (6039 words)
Disclaimer: Anything you recognise (like Sirius) does not belong to me, however much I wish that it did. Instead, it all belongs to J. K. Rowling. I’m just borrowing the characters and setting for a time. However, anything you do not recognise does belong to me.



Summary: Sirius's adventure continues, and the ancient order of Recolitus Optimus is explained. Seven animals, seven branches, and an ancient prophecy given by a Dark witch of the past in a hidden tunnel? Just how much more will Sirius go through?



All right, here’s the second and final part to this Gauntlet story. It’s not quite as long as the first bit, though it is a healthy length. Now, I present for your enjoyment, ‘Part II: Dark Witches and Prophecies’.