Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Kill or be Killed by Cruciatus Love

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Bolded quotes are taken directly from Chapter One of J.K Rowling's Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. They do not belong to me; I simply created the story around them.

The battle had been going on for years, but everyone knew it was almost over. Whatever the outcome- whatever the deaths- it was all coming to an end tonight. All the lives that had been taken in the process of the seventeen-year war were about to have meaning. They had all died for a cause. And tonight would prove the outcome.

Charms and spells were being thrown about the school. Flashes of light appeared in every direction. Each room was lit with colors of red and yellow-- many of them with hints of green. But they were all being casted with the same meaning. It was in the air. Someone was going to die tonight.

But as Bellatrix stood in the mist of it all, she knew that it would take every effort of her being to make sure it was the right boy who left this life. There was no way in hell she was going to let an insignificant little git overpower her one, true Master. It was her Lord, her master of all power, who was going to defeat all tonight. It had all been planned. All would be right.

After tonight her Dark Lord would rule. He would have control over the Ministry, Hogwarts, the Order and the entire wizarding world. He, with his most faithful at his side, would rid the population of Mudbloods and half-breeds to restore order and purify the wizarding race. Soon every wizard alive would be the descendent of an important pure-blood family and all will bow down to the great power of the Dark Lord and his most prized Death Eater”Bellatrix Lestrange.

Many of our eldest family trees become a little diseased over time…

Bellatrix could hear her Master’s words ringing in her ears. She wanted to do anything and everything to please him. No matter the risks, no matter the deaths, he would be proud of her. Even if it took her to the edge of the earth, she would do his bidding. And this task, this particular task, was one she had been waiting to do for a very long time.

~ * * ~

The battle went on. More and more bodies fell to the ground, but the one who had to be killed remained. And as long as he was surrounded by his little friends nothing could be done. This part of the fight was just for fun. It was just for the pleasure of seeing the other side suffer.

But Bellatrix knew what her mission was to do. Order members came at her from all directions, but she did not care about them. She threw killing curses from her wand this way and that, but she cared little who they hit. She had a goal.

Battling each opponent as they approached her, she sent many into great pain and misery. Two had been killed by her wand already tonight, and countless victims had been hit by her Unforgivable Curses. But this was just the beginning. Many more people would fall by her hand before the fight was over.

At the end of the hall Bellatrix saw her next victim. This was her mission; this was what she had been sent out to do. Slowly she made her way to that side of the room. Curses and jinxes were flailing this way and that, but she took little notice. She was on the move, and her prey had little chance of escaping.

The Metamorphmagus stood only arms length from Bellatrix now, and their back was turned fighting another Death Eater. The act would be only too easy.

You must prune yours, must you not, to keep it healthy? Cut away those parts that threaten the health of the rest.

She would do her Master’s bidding.

Avada Kedavra!”

~ * * ~

“TONKS! NO!”

Bellatrix missed her target, but her efforts had not been futile. The flash of green light that emitted from her wand had head straight in the direction of her niece, but was blown off course by the dirty werewolf who had tried to save his wife. The scene disgusted Bellatrix.

However, the man’s body nonetheless fell the floor as dead weight when another killing curse came from behind him. Dolohov, the Death Eater who had been fighting Tonks previously, stood cackling on the other side of the dead body.

It made no difference to Bellatrix. Lupin had been a blood traitor if nothing else and had been against the Dark Lord since the beginning. Another death was simply her gain.

But she had not killed her target.

Tonks was now turned around facing the killer of her husband. Her face was blotchy and red but her eyes showed no tears. Wand arm raised, she was ready to fight. She had seen her husband fall to save her, and nothing could give her greater pleasure that to have his death avenged. For that was what this war had come to. Kill or be killed.

Crucio!”

There was a great eruption of laughter as Bellatrix stood back up from the ground. Order members were not trained in the same way as Death Eaters. Their Unforgivable Curses were weak if anything. Bellatrix wondered if her niece had ever even killed before. This fight would be a joke at best.

“You’re going to torture me, Nymphadora? You’re going to torture your beloved mother’s older sister?”

Tonks spat at her opponent’s feet.

“You’re no aunt of mine.”

Avada Kedavra.”

The curse flew through the room flying over many heads but failed to hit a body.

“Careful, Dora, you wouldn’t want to die a murderer.”

More flashes of green light filled the room and many surrounding faces turned to see who would fall. But the two decedents of Black kept their eye-contact with each other. Both determined to kill.

We shall cut away the canker that infects us until only those of us of true blood remain.

“Now is your time.”

~ * * ~

A flash of light and the body fell hard and cold to the ground. It was over. It was all over.

Kill or be killed. Bellatrix chose kill.

And she had completed her mission.

Yes, my Lord.

Nothing but an evil laughter could be heard throughout the room.

At the first chance!