Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Together by lilcushinggirl2005

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: I do not own any of the characters or places, J.K. Rowling does, she's so lucky!
“Ginny,” He called, but no one called back. He could hear only the rain and his feet stepping on the wet grass. The rain beat down on him, soaking his clothes. He didn’t care. All he cared about at the moment was Ginny.

It was a week after the final battle, and much to Harry’s surprise, he had won! He defeated the Dark Lord who had killed many of the greatest wizards of all time. Everything could go back to normal now. Well, as normal as they could be. So many people had died. So many that he loved. He wondered what would have happened if they had given Harry up like Voldemort had asked. Would Harry be here now? Would Voldemort still be alive and destroying the wizarding world? Would Ron and Hermione be dead, also? What about Ginny?

Ginny, Harry thought, and called her name once more and was not surprised to hear no reply. All thoughts about the past and what could’ve happened were erased from his mind. He thought only of now and of the future. He and Ginny could be a couple again. That is, if Ginny would take him back. He had hurt her, and he knew that, he was just doing what he thought was best. Now that the whole thing was over, he wanted nothing more than to kiss her, hold her, to touch her even. So many people were congratulating him and thanking him, he couldn’t get away. Ginny was at the top of his mind, and he wanted to find her. She was the reason he kept going, and now when he had gone far enough, he couldn’t find her.

It began to rain harder. He couldn’t stay out here much longer, but he had to find Ginny. His eye gazed on a gathering of trees. He saw a movement, it could’ve just been a leaf falling, but it was a movement. He ran to it, finding it was nothing more than a branch that had moved with the wind. He looked up and his heart jumped. A few yards away from him sat a small figure. As he got closer, he could make out fiery red hair. His heart beat wildly.

He took a seat next to the young woman, “Why aren’t you with everyone else?”

“I needed some time to think,” she replied, staring out into the distance.

“Are you going to be okay?” he asked, hoping that she would look at him.

“Why did this have to happen to us?” Ginny asked, her voice trembling.

“I don’t know, Ginny, I suppose it’s my fault, really, I shouldn’t of-“

“Harry, it’s not your fault,” she said, finally looking at him. “We would’ve helped you, even if you forbid us not to. Don’t blame yourself.”

“Ginny, I’m sorry,” Harry said meeting her gaze, his heart now beating faster as he wished he could just melt in her brown eyes.

“For what?” she asked, already knowing the answer.

“For hurting you, for whatever I did to make this whole thing worse. It was you that kept me going, Ginny. I needed some reason as to why I shouldn’t just give up hope. That reason was you,” Harry said, looking down at the ground. “I missed you, Ginny,” he added.

When he looked back up, Ginny was still staring at him.

She smiled weakly, “I missed you, too.”

Harry smiled back. The rain was starting to slow, and he could see her more clearly. Ginny reached out her hand and entangled her fingers with his. His heart was now beating so loud, he thought it would be impossible for her not to hear it.

They sat like that for a while, staring forward, occasionally, meeting the other’s eyes, not thinking of the past, but of the future ahead of them. The rain had finally ceased, but the wind still blew, making it just as cold.

The long silence was broken by Harry, who stood up, “We need to get inside.” He pointed towards the castle, “The others will be looking for us.”

Ginny nodded and grabbed Harry’s hand to help pull herself up. Before Harry could take her hand once more, Ginny threw her arms around him.

“Thank you,” she whispered in Harry’s ear, feeling his arms around her. She drew back, her arms still around Harry’s neck.

Harry gave her a confused look, “For what?”

“Everything,” she replied simply. Harry pulled Ginny closer to him. He could feel her body heat, and soon Ginny’s chest was touching his own, their faces were barely touching.

“Ginny,” he muttered, and soon her lips were upon his in a passionate kiss. He felt her lips part slightly in welcoming, which Harry took. His arms moved down to her tiny waist and rested there. He could almost feel the longing within her. After a few moments, they broke apart, both panting. He pulled into another embrace, and then, without another world, they walked toward the castle where their family and friends were located, thinking only of their future.
Together.