Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Together by lilcushinggirl2005

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: I do not own any of the characters, J.K. Rowling does.




Ginny lay in the middle of a meadow. She smiled as the sun’s rays danced on her face. Looking at the clouds, she could make out shapes that she could classify as objects. Trees were surrounding her, making it almost impossible for her to be seen. This time alone for her was precious. After living in a house with 6 brothers, alone time was good. It was as if she was finally free of all pressures given to her.

The soft breeze made the leaves rustle around her as she lost herself to the sounds of nature. She could here the sweet melody of a nearby river and birds singing in the distance. The only thing that could make this better was-

“Harry,” she finished out loud. She closed her eyes and imagined him there with her. His green eyes would make her want to melt into them, she could run her fingers through messy, black hair, and his voice would be filled with the love she usually heard when he was speaking to her. It was impossible to be by herself and not think of him, he was her life. She missed him every second they weren’t together.

Someday, she thought, I will show him this place, and we can come here together.

She tried to imagine his voice speaking to her, making her feel even safer, even though there was nothing to be scared of. She could almost hear it perfectly, every detail that she loved. It wasn’t until she figured out it was a little too perfect for her imagination, that she opened her eyes. She let them adjust before looking to where she heard his voice.

“Harry?” she asked, wondering how he had found her as her heart skipped a beat.

“Sorry,” he said, smiling down at her. “Did I wake you up?”

“No, no, I was just thinking, actually,” she answered, wishing she would get up, but finding herself not being able to.

“So,” Harry said, slowly walking toward her. “What are you thinking about?”

Ginny put a thoughtful face on before replying, “Stuff.”

Harry took another step toward her, making her heart beat go wild.

It’s amazing,she thought to herself, after being with him for two years, you’d think I’d stop doing that. She watched as he sat next to her, entwining his fingers with hers, making her inhale sharply. It was then she decided she needed to sit up or something other than laying there, staring at him. She blushed as she sat up, taking her eyes off him so that she could finally breathe.

Nobody had ever made her feel the way she did when she was with him. The way he looked at her made her feel like she was the only girl in the world. She liked that feeling. The only thing that could explain it was love. Of course, she knew he loved her. He told her that every day, but feeling it was so much better. Nothing could ruin the moments like this, the peaceful and serene moments they had together, away from everyone else.

“So,” Ginny said, ruining the quiet, “how did you find me?”

“I’ve been here before,” he replied. “I thought it would be the perfect place for you to run off to.”

“That makes since,” she said, her gaze meeting his. “So, why were you looking for me?”

Harry looked away from her, but not before she saw nervousness flicker on his face. She grew worried. Nothing good could come of this.

You’re just thinking too much, she told herself.

“Well, I need you to stand up, first,” he said quietly.

Ginny gave him a confused look, “Okay.” She stood up slowly, looking around. The wind blew from behind her, making her hair swirl around her face. Ginny loved the outdoors, the sounds if its beauty relaxed her. She looked back at Harry, smiling, and her eyes widened in surprise.

Harry was on one knee with a ring, smiling with the smile she had fell in love with.

“Oh my god,” the words popped out of Ginny’s mouth, making Harry chuckle.

Harry took her hand in his, and started his proposal, “Ginny, I love you with all my heart. I can’t think of any other way to live my life but to live it with you. I want to wake up every day and be able to see your face smiling back at me. Will you marry me?”

“Yes!” Ginny said right when he was finished. She swore her heart was going to explode.

Harry placed a ring on her finger, smiling brightly before standing up, “I love you.”

Ginny smiled twice as bright, “I love you, too.”

Her arms wove around his neck as she pulled him down for a kiss.