Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Aftermath by opal25

Printer
Summary: In the days after the final battle at Hogwarts, Harry struggles to find peace despite Voldemort’s demise. He longs to seek out solace in Ginny, but becomes reluctant to do so, feeling increasingly uncertain about Ginny’s feelings towards him.
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Harry/Ginny
Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 1 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 1518 Viewcount: 4025
Published on: 08/11/07 Updated On: 08/20/07





1. Aftermath by opal25 [ - ] (1518 words)
Author’s note: Like many others I imagine, I was somewhat disappointed with the ending of Book 7 and the conspicuous lack of a reconciliation scene between Ginny and Harry. I have since gotten over that, instead finding myself grateful to Rowling for leaving us some tantalizing clues, but allowing us to use our own imagination to fill in the details. My premise is that a reunion would not have been automatic and that Harry would have known this, recognizing that at some point would have to deal with Ginny’s ire for his shaking her off in the Room of Requirement. Ginny, despite her strong feelings and support of him, has been harboring some resentment in being left behind. I also think that despite his success, Harry would remain traumatized by all that had happened. Ultimately it would be Ginny’s strength that ensures his recovery and through which Harry finally gains the peaceful life he has never truly experienced.