Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Much Ado About A Lot by LilyFire

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: First fanfic so please R&R! Disclaimer: It's all JKRs... obviously.

Light filed through her eyes. A dusty, dull light, but light all the same, and certainly enough to wake her up from her light dose. She moaned and opened my eyes, noting that her desk was engraved with heart. Hmm, funny-- Wait, desk? Desk? She gasped and sat up in horror. Lily Evans had just fallen asleep in class.

"Relax Lily," Syrie watched her with some sort of sick pleasure, grinning at her friend's discomfort.

"Relax?" Her voice squeaked "What do you mean relax? I just fell asleep in class."

Syrie rolled her eyes, "It's not liked anyone noticed Lily, this is History of Magic. Binns doesn't see anything and no one else is awake to notice you were asleep."

Lily looked around, she was right. Almost everyone was asleep, either that or absentmindedly doodling on a spare piece of parchment. Well thats good, she thought at least no one had saw me. It would be way too embarrassing for the head girl to get caught dozing off in class. Lily's eyes narrowed, as she heard rowdy laughter behind her.

Lily turned around and caught sight of that super irritating head of black hair. James Potter was sitting the midst of his friends, eagerly describing something. Peter Petegrew, the smallest of the self-christened "Marauders" gave a gasp. A slow grin spread across Sirius Blacks face, and even Remus Lupin, Lily's favorite out of all the Marauders couldn't hold back a devilish grin. Ah, Lily thought wisely It's a prank. "Prongs your a genius," Sirius said giving his friend a slap on the back.

"I know," James agreed, grinning.

Lily scowled. He was such an idiot. A conceited, annoying idiot. Lily wondered, her scowl becoming more pronounced as James aloud his friends to revel in the brilliancy of his plan-- which was sure to be something against the rules, humiliating and possibly illegal. Well, that was Potter for you, Lily thought dryly. Why couldn't he just get over himself? He really would be a semi decent person then. He was good looking, smart, funny, and, back to the original point, a self-obsessed moron.

James suddenly looked toward her, and noticing her glaring at him gave her a wink and a grin. "Alright Evans?" he mouthed.
Lily looked away in disgust. It was then that the heart carved into her desk caught her attention again. Inside the heart were the initials L and J. Lily had a funny feeling she knew who had carved them in.


"Alright Evans?" James asked three hours later, pushing through a group of several forth years to get to her.

Lily rolled her eyes, decided not to favor his totally unoriginal question with a stinging reply.

"So, noticed you starting at me in Binns," he said casually, matching her fast pace with aggravating ease.

"Did you now?" heavy sarcasm.

"Yep," he said. "So, I suppose that means that you have finally come to your senses and found that, deep in your heart, you truly are desperately in love--"

"Don't even go there Potter."

He considered this. "Alright, so maybe it was a bit much to expect you to be in love with me on the first day, but I know I detected some amount of affection and infatuation in your eyes today."

Lily blew out her breath, and counted to ten, trying not to let Potter get the better of her. At the beginning of the year when she had found out that they had to be heads together she had determined that it was necessary for her to at least try and get along with him, besides Dumbledore wouldn't have picked someone who was arrogant, and irresponsible. She was now starting to doubt Dumbledore's sanity, she was also beginning to doubt that counting ten really helped with anger management. "I don't like you that way Potter. I don't like you in any way.

James raised an eyebrow "You want me to be the one to ask you then? Well I'm sorry Evans, I don't ask girls out, they have to ask me."

"Oh, grow up Potter," she walked into the library, which Potter happened to dislike to a great degree and besides, he'd been banned from there in his second year after letting off a round of fire crackers.

"One of these days, Evans," he shouted after her "One of these days your going to wake up and realize you are madly in love with me!"

"Not on your life, Potter," Lily muttered.


"C'mon Prongs," Sirius called, "Dinner!"

"Not hungry," James mumbled.

Sirius poked his head back into the room and looked at James in confusion. "How can you not be hungry?"

James through his shoe at him, an accessible missile. "Go away Padfoot."

"Whats up with you?" Sirius asked coming closer.

"Nothing."

"Evans, again huh?"

"No."

"She turned you down again?"

"No."

"Well thats rough Prongs, but I mean seriously, get over her, it's been two years now. I think if she was going say yes--"

"Sirius! What is it about 'no' that you don't understand?"

Sirius gaged Jame's anger and decided not to risk it. "Whatever mate, see you after dinner," he said crossing the room. This was getting out of hand, he decided. And in Sirius Black's book that meant one thing--- action, drastic action