Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Stupid Parties by Hansolohpfrk

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: I'd love to give a huge thanks to my betas, Fresca (Colores), and Hallie (BeautifulDreamer07) for helping to make my story all that much better! Kudos to you!

This is just a bunny I developed awhile ago…hope everyone likes it!

I do not own anything in this fic that you recognize. JKR does.






Stupid Parties



Lily Evans had a large headache. Celebrating the Gryffindor victory over Slytherin had been fun − for the first three hours. After that, though, the loud drunken shouts of “WE WON!” grated on her eardrums. Three times already had someone she had never met tried to kiss her. Needless to say, the great, flying bogeys that were soon attacking them gave Lily enough time to escape.

Passing two couples snogging in the corner on her way up to her dorm, Lily sighed, rubbing her temples. She grabbed a book out of her trunk and stomped to the bathroom to take a bath. Maybe it would cure her headache. She poured some bubbles into the reasonably hot water and slowly dropped herself into the bathtub, and started her book.

Halfway through the third chapter, Lily realized that the noise had died down. “Finally!” she said loudly. She climbed out of the bathtub and threw her clothes back on. After squeezing out the leftover water in her thick hair, she opened the door to her dorm, where she found the most horrifying sight she’d ever seen.

Her dorm-mate, Sarah Evans (no relation to Lily), was lying vertical on her bed with her boyfriend, Miles McLaggen on top of her, snogging the life out of her. Lily’s jaw dropped. Clearly, they hadn’t heard the bathwater running. When Sarah started to take off Miles’ top, however, Lily decided that she wasn’t sleeping in her dorm tonight, and made a mad dash to the door, which she closed loudly behind her.

She purposefully hit her head on the wall beside her, which would probably leave a mark in the morning. She wandered back down the stairs into the common room, which was covered in many people who had passed out on the floor. Lily, who had been hoping to maybe steal the couch, was dumbfounded. I can’t believe that this is happening to me! she thought furiously.

She moved someone’s foot out of the way and sat on the couch. Her eyes drooped with exhaustion, but she made a pact with herself, then and there, that she would never drink alcohol. Not if it made her look like these people, who were drooling onto the floor or couch beside them.

She brightened up a little. If I know Black like I think I do, I’ll bet that he is off snogging a girl in a broom closet in the corridors. I’ll just snag his bed! After all, he is a fairly clean person, despite the fact he’s a git.


She jumped off the seat and took the stairs, two at a time, up to the boys’ dorm. She looked to her right, to find Remus, and her best friend Mary curled up together on his bed, fully dressed and asleep. Clearly, they haven’t done anything stupid. Lily smiled to herself. Finally, Mary had found someone for her.

She looked at Peter Pettigrew’s sleeping figure. The blankets covering him rose and fell as he breathed.

She looked off to her left, to find, much to her annoyance, that she didn’t know Black like she thought she did. There he was, drooling on his pillow as he slept soundly. Clearly, he’d had too much Firewhisky.

“Evans?”

Lily whirled around. “Potter! I-er-”

“What are you doing here?” He asked curiously.

“Nothing, really, I’ll just-I’ll just go…” Lily trailed off as she started to the door.

But James Potter wasn’t ready to let her walk out without an explanation; she was sober enough to know what she was doing, and he was curious. He jumped off his bed and ran to block the exit to which Lily was hastily moving toward.

“Seriously, what were you doing?”

Lily looked dangerously annoyed. “Look Potter, I’m not in the mood for you. I have an enormous headache, and you’re just making it worse!”

James didn’t move.

“Fine! I just got out of the bathroom when I found Sarah and Miles having…well, you know! So I went to the common room hoping to sleep on the couch, but the whole entire place is covered in idiots who obviously drank too much and passed out!”

She walked forward, assuming he’d move. She walked right into him.

“That still doesn’t answer my question. Why did you come here?” He persisted.

“I assumed that Black was off in a broom cupboard with some girl, so I thought I’d sleep in his bed tonight.”

“So you really have nowhere to sleep?”

“You got it! Now can you move?” Lily almost yelled as Sirius rolled over with a loud snore.

“You-you, you could, you know-” James tripped over his words.

“What is it Potter?”

“You could share with me…”

Lily laughed. “Now, Potter, that was funny. But can you let me go?”

“I was serious.”

Lily raised a skeptical eyebrow. “Do you really think I’m that thick? In your dreams!”

“No! No, not like that! Just, hear me out. You’re tiny, you wouldn’t take up that much space, and we could each have separate sides of the bed and everything!”

Lily still looked suspicious. James continued on. “I just don’t want you to end up on the hard floor, Evans. That happened to me, once, and it was the most uncomfortable thing on earth. I couldn’t move a muscle for a week!”

Hesitantly, Lily started, “If you get any ideas Potter, I swear to God, I’ll hex you to-“

“I won’t!”

“Fine, I suppose it’d okay,” Lily sighed. The truth was, she was glad she had a place to sleep.

Cautiously, she climbed into the bed as Potter climbed in from the other side. She rolled over on her side, so that her back faced him. He did the same.

Lily really was grateful for the sleeping space he’d given her. “James?”

“So we’re on a first-name basis now?” He asked.

Lily rolled her eyes and continued. “Thanks.”

“You’re welcome,” he said, sounding surprised.

Lily rolled over to face him. She took in his smell, like mint and pine. And surprisingly, she smiled. He looked puzzled, before breaking out into a grin. Lily looked into his eyes, and absentmindedly, her hand touched his chin. James’ smile faded as he got a determined look in his eyes.

He touched her own cheek, and her hand held his to her face. Before she knew what she was doing, she was leaning over and kissing him full on the mouth. He deepened the kiss as she wrapped her arms around his neck. She positioned herself on top of him and kissed him even more furiously, as his arms snaked around her lower back. She pulled away and smiled at him. It wasn’t long before he was on top of her, his hands in her hair, leaning in for another kiss. And for once, she had no objection.

-----------



The light flooded into the room, and James had his arms wrapped fully around Lily. Both were fully dressed, and had smiles on their faces even as they slept.

Somebody cleared their throat loudly, and the couple jerked awake. Sirius Black and Remus Lupin were looming over them, smirking.

Lily looked horrified as she looked at James. “We-we didn’t…nothing happened!”

Remus laughed aloud, nodding. Sirius, however, didn’t seem as convinced. He leaned over and pulled the covers off them.

Lily pulled an I-told-you-so face and pushed herself off the bed and walked around it, wrapping her arms around James. He kissed the top of her head.

Sirius looked puzzled. “What did I miss?”

“Nothing, Padfoot, nothing,” James grinned.

“Sirius?”

Sirius looked back at Lily. “Yes?”

“Thanks for being in your bed last night,” Lily smiled.