Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

If You Care by Furry Little Problem

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: This isn't the first time I've written this ship. I've tried several times, but I can't even put the characters actually together without it just reading wrong. And one night I wrote this. And it read okay. So I hope you like it :)

Furry
xxxx

All lyrics are property of Coldplay, and are from their song "Shiver" - I don't own them at all.
If You Care
"Shiver"

So I look in your direction
But you pay me no attention, do you


The back of your head looks so amazing, glinting almost golden in the candlelight. But the eyes that glint emerald green stare straight ahead, and you don't even feel my gaze on you. I can always feel your eyes on me, so I don't see why you can't feel my eyes on you. I always try to put something behind my words, for you to think about later. But you never even hear them, let alone think about them later.

And I know you don't listen to me
'Cause you say you see straight through me, don't you


But it doesn't really matter, does it? Because it's not like I'd ever admit that I had been saying those things is you questioned me, or that I'd been looking at you if you turned around. I'd just sneer and throw you a middle finger, shrinking back behind my routine mask of wrath and pride.

But on and on from the moment I wake
To the moment I sleep


But no matter what I put on the outside the inside is always buzzing, buzzing with Harry James Potter. And there's nothing I can do about it but sit here, day after day, staring at the gorgeous back of your head, and hope that once in a while, just once in a while, you stare at the back of mine. Because I'll always be here to stare at you, and for you to stare at me. Just in case you ever want to.

I'll be there by your side

I don't even care what anyone else says, Harry. I don't care that Blaise jabs me in the ribs every thirty seconds to get my attention, and has that irritating, patronizing smile playing on his lips when I finally take my eyes off you. I don't care that Vincent looks at me with revoltion every time he sees the way I look at you. I don't care that Gregory whispers behind my back every evening after you and I fight, because of the way that I can't help but let you get off lightly. I only care about you. And I'll be here if you want me.

Just you try and stop me

I won't say a thing as you take the pretty girl in that fuchsia pink dress to the ball, and as Pansy clutches my arm too tight and tries in vain to drag my eyes off you. And I won't say a thing about that pretty red-haired girl holding your hand, and kissing your lips. I won't say a thing. But I'll be there.

I'll be waiting in line just to see if you care

You don't care, do you, Harry? I'm the son of a Death Eater and you don't see past that, do you? I can't deny what I am born, but I can't show what I've become. And even if I did, I doubt you'd ever see it. You take me for a Death Eater's son, don't you, Harry? But I'm telling you now, telling you in every single look that I give you, every moment of the day that I am near you, that I am more than that. But you still think I'm Lucius Malfoy's son, and nothing more, and everything less. You never believed that I could change.

Did you want me to change?

I did, Harry, and I have. Just look at me and listen to the things I'm telling you by looking at you the way I can't help but do. Just look at me and understand.

Well I'd change for good

It's insane how much I'd give just to have you look at me, Harry. But I can't, because you shoot me down every time I try to look at you. But all I want is you, and if you won't look at me, if you can't hear me, then this closed Harry will do. This silent Harry is just fine. This Harry that won't see my looks or hear my words is just perfect, because I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have you at all. So this nemesis Harry is okay, really.

And I want you to know
That you'll always get your way
I wanted to say


There's something behind your eyes now as you raise your wand to jinx me. I see it behind the pools of emerald green, and I see it in the hesitation before you speak the words to harm me, and I hope against hope that it's not what I know it is. I hope against hope that you don't hate me, Harry. Because the revulsion in your voice repulses me, and the loathing in your eyes is infuriating. But I'll have that, Harry, if that's all that you're giving me.

Don't you shiver
Shiver
Shiver, oh
I'll always be waiting for you


I swear that you know. I knew from that moment on the train, and I told you from that moment when I extended my hand to you.

So you know how much I need you

And I think you knew from that moment on the train, and you told me from that moment when you refused my extended hand.

But you never even see me, do you

But something in me just won't let you go.

And is this my final chance of getting you

And now we're in the final battle, the good against the bad, and I don't know where I stand. I enter the castle masked and cloaked alongside my father, and yet I don't know who I am. I automatically rip the mask from my face, and I can't figure out what that makes me. I find you by my side... and yet I don't know where I stand...

But on and on from the moment I wake
To the moment I sleep


...except that it's somewhere beside you....

I'll be there by your side
Just you try and stop me


...wherever you may be...

I'll be waiting in line
just to see if you care