Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Neville Longbottom and the Chamber of Secrets by Sonorus

Printer
Summary: A message, written in what appeared to be a large quantity of blood, was daubed across the wall. In dripping bright red letters Neville read “THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS IS NOW OPEN. FLEE, MUDBLOODS, OR DIE.”

In the first sequel to Neville Longbottom and the Philosopher's Stone (prior reading recommended), Neville, the Boy-Who-Lived, enters his second year at Hogwarts, and confronts prejudice and discrimination in the wizarding world and an ancient threat to Hogwarts itself.

How will Neville face these challenges and what new secrets will be discovered? Welcome to Year 2...
Ratings: 1st-2nd Years [ - ]
Category: Alternate Universe
Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 14 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 45787 Viewcount: 69233
Published on: 08/23/07 Updated On: 11/28/07





1. The Lonely Summer by Sonorus [ - ] (1660 words)
In which Neville is alone all summer until a house-elf arrives with a mysterious warning.


2. A Muggle Home by Sonorus [ - ] (2729 words)
In which Neville travels to stay with Hermione’s parents and learns a little of Muggle life.


3. The Weasleys versus the Malfoys by Sonorus [ - ] (2708 words)
In which Neville is privy to a bust-up in Flourish and Blotts and encounters Gilderoy Lockhart.


4. The Closed Barrier by Sonorus [ - ] (2646 words)
In which Neville and Hermione take alternative means of travel to Hogwarts.


5. Whispers in the Dark by Sonorus [ - ] (3166 words)
In which classes begin, Draco insults Hermione and Neville starts hearing a strange voice.


6. The Petrified Cat by Sonorus [ - ] (2463 words)
In which Mrs Norris is Petrified and blood writing appears on a wall.


7. Dobby's Confession by Sonorus [ - ] (3091 words)
In which Neville is hurt, talks to Dobby, and the first student is Petrified.


8. Parseltongue by Sonorus [ - ] (3197 words)
In which Hermione explains her plan and Neville encounters a snake for the first time.


9. Christmas with the Slytherins by Sonorus [ - ] (4104 words)
In which a second student is Petrified and Neville visits Dumbledore’s office. Later Neville and Colin transform into Crabbe and Goyle and interrogate Malfoy.


10. Tom Marvolo Riddle by Sonorus [ - ] (3307 words)
In which Neville finds a diary left on his bed and learns of events fifty years ago.


11. Follow the Spiders by Sonorus [ - ] (5001 words)
In which there is another attack, Hagrid is arrested and Neville makes a perilous journey into the Forbidden Forest.


12. The Secret Entrance by Sonorus [ - ] (4511 words)
In which Neville learns the identity of the Monster of Slytherin and enters the Chamber of Secrets on a rescue mission.


13. The Phoenix and the Sword by Sonorus [ - ] (3190 words)
In which Neville encounters the Heir of Slytherin, and faces the basilisk.


14. The Elf's Master by Sonorus [ - ] (4014 words)
In which Dumbledore returns, and the villain behind the plot is revealed.