Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

A hint of Marigold by Little Miss Potter

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: None of this is mine. All of this is JK Rowlings work and I think we all ought to thank her for letting us swim in the pool of Harry Potter.



Chapter 1 Curvy, Curly and Gorgeous.

“Come on! When the clock says five to eleven, you get on the train! Hasn’t your mother told you anything about Hogwarts?” Fred was shouting at his children with a smile on his face.

The family of red-heads mixed with two blondes, and a gorgeous black-haired woman walked, well ran, towards the scarlet train George and Angelina led the crowd with their daughter Marigold; they were closely followed by Ron and Hermione who, to George’s pain and heartbreak, had twin boys and called them Fred and John. Bill and Fleur shortly followed with their daughter Michelle and their son, Theo. All the Weasley clan had bright red hair, freckles and a pale complexion. Angelina was a beautiful woman. She had black hair and Michelle and Fleur had blonde hair. Marigold had red hair but a tanned complexion like her mother who was smiling down at everyone.

“I hope you have a good time! Have lots of fun and don’t let them forget the Weasley’s!” George shouted to Marigold as she boarded the train with her cousins.

“For goodness sake, Ronald! You’re still holding Fred’s suitcase! Pass it through the window, go on!” Hermione squealed at her husband.

“Honestly! I do not like this. Last year was exactly the same! All these people running around at the last minute! In my home town it was so peaceful and calm and nobody was late for anything.” Fleur told Bill, in a thick English-French accent, who was blatantly not listening.

Marigold, Fred and John were all in their first year, Theo was in third year and on the Quidditch team and Michelle was the oldest of the teenagers as she was in her fourth year. She was outstandingly beautiful and sickeningly popular. All of them were cramming at the window of the same compartment. Fleur, Angelina and Hermione were crying as their husbands hugged them while Ginny and Harry simply waved and shouted “Goodbye! Be careful!” All five of the teenagers were sitting in the compartment as the Hogwarts Express pulled out of the station.

Michelle and Theo were giving the three younger Weasley children hints and tips on how to survive at Hogwarts.

“You need a mission, and an identity. These are the things that people in Hogwarts will remember you for in years to come when you have left.” Michelle told them. “My mission is to date as many older boys as possible but that is getting harder.” Michelle had blonde, curly, silky hair with just the right amount of body, shine and boost, her eyes were bright blue and she could stop any boy dead in their tracks with a single, sweet smile. She had a perfectly shaped and toned body and was tall enough to be a seventh year. Michelle always outlined her eyes with black kohl eyeliner and mascara that made her eyelashes longer. She always had pink lip gloss on but no other make up as she said it was too much. She had decided that her identity was curly hair and a curvy body. Theo was getting really annoyed with her saying “Curly, curvy and gorgeous” every day to herself during the holidays.

Theo wanted to be the best Quidditch player in the whole of Hogwarts history and Fred and John wanted to carry on the legend of their uncles Fred and George.

“Marigold, What do you want to do?” Fred and John asked her simultaneously.

“Me? I’m going to leave my mark at Hogwarts in any way I can. I’ll have as much fun as I want! After all, a good girl is just a bad girl who never gets caught.” Marigold smiled to the eight other Weasley’s in the compartment as the train slowed down and finally came to a halt.

“Look out the window, you lot and welcome to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!” Fred was already staring out the window.

Marigold felt a tingle running through her whole body. She was finally here. After years of waiting, wondering what it would be like, months of sleepless nights, too excited to go to sleep. It was all worth it. She thought to herself as she gazed in amazement at the wonder that was Hogwarts.

A gruff voice yelled, “Firs’ years this way!” Over and over again for quite a while. Fred, John and Marigold stepped into a boat behind a giant of a man with a bushy beard that looked as if it hadn’t been brushed in years while Michelle and Theo wandered off to the carriages.

As the new pupils sailed towards the castle, they realised just how big it was and how long it was going to take to get used to it. Marigold’s coordination skills were never very good which is why she hated playing Quidditch so much but she had a good memory so she would memorise corridors and portraits and which staircase moves the most. Everyone was so in awe by the school that they only realised something was going on when they heard a giant splash and water sprayed everyone as the boats rocked ferociously.

A boy with a long nose and blonde, greasy hair with black eyes was laughing as a girl tried to clamber up back into the boat. “You could have at least tried to stop me from falling in the freezing cold water! There are giant squids in there you know. You are my brother! All Malfoy’s together isn’t that what mum and dad said?” A girl with black hair in a bob and piercing blue eyes that were so much different to Michelle’s screamed at the blonde boy.

Marigold noticed that Fred and John had stiffened up and had angry looks on their faces. “Malfoy. Their family think they own the place! Their grandfather died in prison and the only reason their dad married their mum was that she kept nagging him.” Fred explained.

“Thank god were going to be in Gryffindor. I would hate to be in Slytherin with that in my face all day!” John continued.

“How do you know we will all be in Gryffindor anyway? We might be in Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff for all you know!” Marigold protested.

“Marigold, we are all Weasley’s. The whole Weasley family were in Gryffindor! Rumour has it, Godric Gryiffindor’s sister, married a Weasley.” Fred whispered so only the two others in the boat could hear him.

“They on the other hand, are Malfoy’s. The whole Malfoy family tree has been in Slytherin right back from the start.” John continued and he pointed at the boat nearest to them containing the Malfoy siblings as though they were pieces of garbage just left to rot in a skip.

Marigold looked at the Malfoy’s. Her whole family had warned her about these people and their wicked ways. Uncle Harry had told her about his duel in his second year and about the last two years of Hogwarts when Malfoy turned into a shivering wreck. Marigold couldn’t help but feel a pang of sorrow when all of a sudden she heard Fred and John shouting.

“We’re here!” All of the first years followed a teacher with black hair and a bit of dirt on his face.

He smiled at the Weasley’s when he saw them. “Hello. I’m so glad you all came! How are your parents?”

“They’re great thanks, Professor Longbottom! How are things with you and the wife?” Fred replied as the amazed first years got out of the boats.

“Luna is doing extremely well thank you. In fact, we think there might be a whiz of a tiny broomstick in a few months! Her magic is all over the place. She turned the cat polka-dot when she was trying to wash it!” Neville told them all. “First years, if you would like to follow me, I’m Professor Longbottom Mr Lagarto Malfoy, I heard all the jokes from your father but I couldn’t give him detention but I can give you punishments so I hope you will be good.”

Fred, John and Marigold burst out laughing. “Lagarto? What sort of name is Lagarto?”

Still laughing, the first years followed Neville into the great hall and boy was it great! The ceiling was enchanted to show sunshine with candles floating around and four Hufflepuff banners hanging from the ceiling. Professor McGonagall was sitting in the headmistresses chair alongside Professor Snape, Potions teacher (“He’s getting on a bit, isn’t he!” John so kindly pointed out.) Professor Hagrid, Care of Magical Creatures teacher and many others that none of the Weasley children knew about. A hat was sitting in front of the teachers on a stool that looked as if it would collapse in any second.

“Thank you, now for the sorting!” Professor Longbottom yelled. As the crowd of first years thinned out, Marigold was becoming more worried by the second. What if she was sorted into Hufflepuff? Or Ravenclaw or even Slytherin? Would her parents love them? Would she let down the whole Weasley family history? Who knows what would happen! After the last pupils were sorted into Hufflepuff, the only people that were left were the Weasley’s. “There’s no point sorting you lot!” Neville laughed. “But if we didn’t you wouldn’t be classed as students.”

After Fred and John were sorted in Gryffindor; Marigold was left to stand on her own in front of so many people. Marigold was worried sick. She walked up to the stool and sat down as her heart was pounding. “Please let it be Gryffindor!” she whispered as to her delight, the hat shouted the house that the whole Weasley family had been in.

“GRYFFINDOR!” The hat shouted for Marigold and her fears were washed away. The whole Weasley family were together in Gryffindor and they were determined to be remembered by everyone for years to come.

Professor McGonagall stood up and smiled round at all the students. Unable to do the wandless magic that Dumbledore had mastered, she waved her wand and food appeared out of nowhere. “Welcome to Hogwarts!” She shouted and the hall erupted into cheers, claps and laughter.