Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Importance of Never by Gamma Orionis

Printer
Summary:
Say the words you fear to speak,

Draco Malfoy has been delegated an impossible task from the Dark Lord—to lure Harry Potter to his death, Draco must do the inconceivable—make Hermione Granger fall in love with him, and should he fail, at a terrible cost...his life and his parents' lives. What at first is a heinously and humiliatingly impossible task turns into an unexpected connection with the girl he has always regarded as a Mudblood...but somehow, blood purity loses its significance when true feelings are involved.

A story of forbidden fruit, disturbing dreams, reluctant redemption, secrets and lies, self-discovery, and choosing between what is right and what is easy.

Search the meaning, hide and seek.

|Takes place during HBP|If you read, leave a review! :)|


Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Hermione/Draco
Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death, Violence
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 10 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 18691 Viewcount: 35835
Published on: 10/11/07 Updated On: 01/23/08





1. Dreams of Dungeons by Gamma Orionis [ - ] (1355 words)
It won't be much of a shocker when I tell you J.K. Rowling created the wonderful and magical world that is Harry Potter. :)
2. Resignation and Refusal by Gamma Orionis [ - ] (1578 words)
Hermione/Draco action will take place in the NEXT chapter, so please bear with me. :) Snape is present in this story, and if you read closely enough, you might pick on something that happened in the seventh book about Snape. :) Draco is also reminded of the dream he can't forget in the previous chapter.
3. In Pursuit of the Chase by Gamma Orionis [ - ] (2128 words)
Step into both Draco and Hermione's points of view, read about Quidditch, and the promised Draco/Hermione action, which I hope won't disappoint because of its subtlety. :) And a bonus: Pansy gets snubbed. Other characters present include Zabini and Nott (Nott is going to be very important in this story later)!
4. Mystery Post by Gamma Orionis [ - ] (1833 words)
Draco has another haunting dream about Hermione Granger he can't shake off, but is distracted when he receives an enigmatic and anonymous gift in the post...
5. A Disorienting Discovery by Gamma Orionis [ - ] (857 words)
A comparatively short chapter (which I am more sorry about than any of you guys are, really!) in which Hermione eavesdrops on a conversation between Draco and Snape and is horrified at the implications she doesn't understand, and Draco broods about the horrible June day when he was given the impossible task. In exactly TWO MORE chapters, the promised Dramione action ACTUALLY does take place in a direct context, so be patient. :)
6. Dragon Under the Bed by Gamma Orionis [ - ] (1942 words)
Draco has another nightmare and is confronted by Nott, who turns out to have something to say after all...ONE more chapter, and the promised Dramione contact! Promise! :) Moaning Myrtle also makes a cameo appearance!
7. Incarcerated Truths Revealed by Gamma Orionis [ - ] (2454 words)
The promised Dramione action arrives, at long last in the form of a heated argument. Have fun! :)
8. Parallels by Gamma Orionis [ - ] (1832 words)
Hermione's homework is distracted by thoughts of Ron (and Lavender) and Draco Malfoy, who visits her in the library where they have another row full of implications, the parallels between them both distinct and yet not at all...Another appearance made by Ginny Weasley. A line Hermione really drives home, "You're beneath me" was inspired from ep. 7 in season 5 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, a line that Buffy says to Spike. :)
9. Tour of Fury by Gamma Orionis [ - ] (2632 words)
As the title "Tour of Fury" implies, Hermione becomes seriously pissed after the less-than-friendly exchange with Draco Malfoy in the library in the previous chapter. You might even say that her anger matches the anger Harry exhibited in Order of the Phoenix. This is truly Hermione at her most angry, most snappish, and who knows what that could lead to with Draco? *wink* Also, I'd like to thank everyone who has ever left a review (particularly the ones who left detailed ones!) If you leave a review, please tell me which lines you liked/disliked. I like to know how I'm doing with my writing! :)


10. Restless by Gamma Orionis [ - ] (2080 words)
If you've been wondering, Nott has returned briefly in the start of this chapter. This chapter is mainly from Hermione's PoV again dealing with her complex feelings for Draco and Ron. Hermione also has a dream (and isn't it about time she got a wake-up call in her sleep?) Lavender makes another appearance and the beginnings of a rivalry between Lavender and Hermione are planted. Oh yeah, and I managed to slip in the word 'marijuana' in this chapter from Hermione's mouth (slightly OOC, I'll admit, but I couldn't help myself). "A world of no" is a line Hermione says at some point in the chapter, and I borrowed that phrase from ep. 7, "Once More With Feeling" in season 6 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Quidditch is coming very soon, BTW! Thanks to everyone who let me know which lines they liked in the last chapter, it's much appreciated! If you could do the same thing when reviewing this chapter...:)