Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Next Great Battle by pokecharm

Printer
Summary: After fighting the biggest battle of his life, Harry Potter finds himself in new, uncharted territory. Beginning a week after the final battle at Hogwarts, Harry finds himself with many choices before him. He spent the summer trying to sort out his future with Ginny and the Ministry, but now must find a way to balance both. Ginny has left for Hogwarts to complete her final year, with Hermione, and Harry is starting work as a full-fledged Auror. They both must find a way to make their long-distance relationship work. Ginny hopes to find peace at school and Harry hopes to build his life around the expectation that Ginny will be with him forever. Despite all of this, there is more to the work that Harry is doing with the Ministry then he realises. Will Gaunt prove trustworthy in these new endeavours? Will Ginny and Hermione have a horror-free year at Hogwarts?
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Harry/Ginny
Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 52 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 165906 Viewcount: 449072
Published on: 11/15/07 Updated On: 09/13/10





1. Chapter 1 - Back to the Beginning by pokecharm [ - ] (2446 words)

2. Chapter 2 - Happy Reunions by pokecharm [ - ] (4169 words)

3. Chapter 3 - A Conduit of Worlds by pokecharm [ - ] (1247 words)

4. Chapter 4 - The Storm by pokecharm [ - ] (2737 words)

5. Chapter 5 - Concerning Revelations by pokecharm [ - ] (4964 words)

6. Chapter 6 - Chivalry Isn't Dead by pokecharm [ - ] (2150 words)

7. Chapter 7 - Talking Things Out by pokecharm [ - ] (5389 words)

8. Chapter 8 - Happy Musings by pokecharm [ - ] (2790 words)
I'm so sorry these updates are taking so long. I am trying my hardest to push these through. I have 15 chapters up at my livejournal: flannelfiction - if you want to read the full story, please go there. I really appreciate all of the comments and the support for this story - I promise it is going somewhere good - enjoy!
9. Chapter 9 - Strained Silence by pokecharm [ - ] (5653 words)
thank you to those of you that are still reading and commenting - it is much appreciated :)
10. Chapter 10 - Revelations and Conclusions by pokecharm [ - ] (3122 words)

11. Chapter 11 - Curiosities Abound by pokecharm [ - ] (1858 words)

12. Chapter 12 - Suspicions Around Us by pokecharm [ - ] (4957 words)

13. Chapter 13 -Three’s a Crowd by pokecharm [ - ] (3179 words)
I want to thank everyone that is continuing to read this story - I am pushing chapters through as quickly as I can, but I've got twice as many chapters up at flannelfiction then I can get up here, there is a link in my profile. Thanks to my lovely Beta Ginny Guerra!
14. Chapter 14 - Night Time Conversations by pokecharm [ - ] (2406 words)

15. Chapter 15 - Thoughtful Provocations by pokecharm [ - ] (3136 words)

16. Chapter 16 - Comings and Goings by pokecharm [ - ] (5184 words)

17. Chapter 17 - At the Heart of Things by pokecharm [ - ] (3157 words)

18. Chapter 18 - Birthday Surprises by pokecharm [ - ] (2581 words)

19. Chapter 19 - The Hits Keep Coming by pokecharm [ - ] (2300 words)

20. Chapter 20 - The Truth Will Not Set You Free by pokecharm [ - ] (3832 words)
my apologies for the slow delays, I am doing the best that I can. I have quite a few chapters written and I'd like nothing more than to share them. In this chapter, as you may guess from the break of the last one, we get to see things from a different perspective. Hope you're enjoying the story!
21. Chapter 21 - Healing Hurts by pokecharm [ - ] (6593 words)
Thank you to all of you that continue reading and commenting! A big thank you to me Beta Ginny for sticking with me through all these crazy chapters!

I have to warn you loyal readers, I was, for a lack of a better term, lambasted for the next seven or so chapters at SIYE. And be advised that you should take into account all the things that have happened to cause the characters to react as they do. I wrote it to make logical sense to me, but others disagreed. To each their own. Thanks!

22. Chapter 22 - Stolen Moments by pokecharm [ - ] (5695 words)

23. Chapter 23 - Twisted Paths Cross by pokecharm [ - ] (2682 words)

24. Chapter 24 - Coming to Terms by pokecharm [ - ] (2671 words)
This is the chapter that has met with some of the most controversy, for a lack of a better term. I hope you can continue to accept the story, somewhat, as I see it, but I am open to constructive comments, note the word constructive ;) Thanks for continuing to read!
25. Chapter 25 - A Family Affair by pokecharm [ - ] (3186 words)
Thanks to those of you that keep reading and commenting! I can't really gauge how this story is doing if people don't comment. A little tid-bit on this chapter, I actually added this chapter after my wonderful Beta, Ginny Guerra (now I don't know your name on Mugglenet...), commented that there was a little something missing. Hope you enjoy this additional chapter!
26. Chapter 26 - The Tension Mounts by pokecharm [ - ] (4377 words)

27. Chapter 27 - Hoping for the Best, Expecting the Worst by pokecharm [ - ] (4459 words)

28. Chapter 28 - A Fresh Start by pokecharm [ - ] (2668 words)
Thank you to all of you that continue to read and comment! A big thanks to my fab Beta Ginny who's been on top of things with this story!
29. Chapter 29 - Reconciling Two Halves by pokecharm [ - ] (2609 words)

30. Chapter 30 - Even the Best Laid Plans by pokecharm [ - ] (2220 words)
a big thank you to the mod Danielle for pushing these chapters through so fast! Without you we'd all be stuck waiting! And of course, my fab Beta whose keeping me on task. I'm glad so many of you are enjoying the story and given the quickness of posting, I may post more of the story here. I'm closing in on writing the end of the story, but it's still some chapters away ;)
31. Chapter 31 - If Only Things Could Stay Simple by pokecharm [ - ] (2270 words)

32. Chapter 32 - The Things We Do by pokecharm [ - ] (4304 words)
This was one of my favourite chapters to write. I hope you all enjoy it too. A big thank you to my fab Beta Ginny! You're awesome! Thank you for continuing to read and comment everyone!
33. Chapter 33 - Places to Go by pokecharm [ - ] (3166 words)
thanks to all of you that are still reading and commenting! Thanks to my fab Beta, Ginny! You're awesome :)
34. Chapter 34 - Riding the Rails by pokecharm [ - ] (2013 words)
This starts a very new story arc, hope you enjoy it! Thanks much to my Beta Ginny!
35. Chapter 35 - Shifting Forward by pokecharm [ - ] (2291 words)
I swear I thought I uploaded this already...I wonder if I didn't get an e-mail about validation...
36. Chapter 36 - Coping with Escape by pokecharm [ - ] (3418 words)

37. Chapter 37 - Class is Back in Session by pokecharm [ - ] (2003 words)
I'm happy to see the chapters going through quickly - I have finished writing this fic, it's just a matter of Beta-ing and uploading them. Thanks to everyone that keeps reading!
38. Chapter 38 - Something to Plan For by pokecharm [ - ] (1815 words)
Thanks for reading and commenting! And a big thank you to my Beta for setting me straight a lot of the time ;)
39. Chapter 39 - Tryouts and Tribulations by pokecharm [ - ] (2733 words)

40. Chapter 40 - Safety is in the Eyes of the Beholder by pokecharm [ - ] (2384 words)

41. Chapter 41 - Wishing for Something Calm by pokecharm [ - ] (2744 words)

42. Chapter 42 - Preparing for the Inevitable by pokecharm [ - ] (2427 words)

43. Chapter 43 - Suppressing Reality by pokecharm [ - ] (3605 words)
I'm sorry these updates are taking so long, apparently artistic freedom is frowned upon here at Mugglenet. All you hopeful writers should keep that in mind ;) let's hope this doesn't take another three weeks to be rejected for something asinine. Thanks for reading and commenting!
44. Chapter 44 - The Memorial by pokecharm [ - ] (3030 words)

45. Chapter 45 - After Effects by pokecharm [ - ] (2901 words)

46. Chapter 46 - Hoping for an Easy Resolution by pokecharm [ - ] (2033 words)

47. Chapter 47 - Meet Me Half-Way by pokecharm [ - ] (2795 words)

48. Chapter 48 - What Shall Be, Shall Be by pokecharm [ - ] (3941 words)

49. Chapter 49 - Pretending the Truth by pokecharm [ - ] (2125 words)

50. Chapter 50 - Unexpected Guests by pokecharm [ - ] (3382 words)
I'm astounded at how long this story is taking to be validated...the story has long since been completed, but I'm still a little ways away from posting the final chapters. Thank you to those of you that continue to read and comment.
51. Chapter 51 - The Frustration of Truth by pokecharm [ - ] (3598 words)

52. Chapter 52 -House Arrest by pokecharm [ - ] (2511 words)
The last time I updated was more than a year-and-a-half ago, I can only hope that those that were reading went elsewhere to see the completed work. But I'm feeling oddly optimistic that this might actually get through the moderation queue. Dare to dream!