Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Ambivalence by Katie616

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Thank you so much to my wonderful beta, rainydaze, who did a short but quick beta job. She made sure it was smooth and blemish-less. Thank you also to my wonderful teachers, books and my brother Joseph who was very critical with my previous works. The ability to criticize is always very helpful.
Cheers!
Katie
Ambivalence

Will it make you? Break you?

Will it bind you? Keep you? Love you? Beat you?

Will those two simple words ruin your life forever, or will they unfurl the flag of love?

Will they set you free or tie you up, give you happiness and luck? Or maybe push you down; grind you down into the dust?

Will those words be heavy with meaning? Empty and false? Are they meant to last, or will they crack and fail?

Will they open a door, or slam it in your face?

Will they lift you up to high places, or make you bow your head in shame?

Will those two words make Someone throw their arms around you, hug you close and love you, or will they put Someone against you, have them turn and run away?

Will you proudly say those words, or say them behind closed doors, afraid to have them heard?

Will those simple words send goodness flowering, or plant the seed of doubt?

Will they caress you, happy to have freedom, or stick in your throat, not wanting to be shoved out?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those words will know and show if you mean them, but if you do not, beware. Those words are not for the faint-hearted, who break easily. They are strong words, words of love and stability.

Do you know what they are? Do you recognize them? Have you ever said them with nothing but pure love and devotion in your heart? When you have the chance, will you seize it? Or will you let it float away, too afraid of being scorned?

“I Promise.”
-fin