Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Deathly Hallows, Revisited by Slytherins

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: This chapter was written by Cheslin
Andromeda Tonks kept pacing between her grandson’s crib and the window. Nymphadora and Remus should have been home ages ago. She couldn’t help but think about when she received the news that Ted would never be coming home again. It felt like there was a clamp around her heart as she waited and waited some more.

Finally there was someone walking towards her front door, but it wasn’t Nymphadora. It wasn’t even Remus. It was Molly Weasley. The look on her face had Andromeda racing towards the door. She threw the door open before her visitor could knock.

“What has happened? Where is my daughter? She should have been home ages ago! Where is she?” Andy said almost hysterically.

Molly caught her, and looked her in the eyes. “I’m sorry Andromeda, but Tonks and Remus both were killed during the battle.”

Andy dropped to her knees in the doorway. Tears were flowing down her face. How was she supposed to go on without her son-in-law, daughter, and husband? Ted and Dora had been the center of her life since she had gone against her family’s wishes and became Andromeda Tonks.

Despair was filling her when she was finally brought back to the present by a loud cry.

“Teddy! Grandma’s coming, baby.” Andy race up the stairs and pulled the young boy from his crib.

That was when it hit her… she couldn’t let the loss of her other family members overwhelm her. This precious little boy needed her, and now she was the only one left to care for him. This little boy was now an orphan, and needed someone to teach him who his parents and grandfather were. All three had loved him in the time they had with him, and time had robbed him and her of their presence all too soon. Voldemort and his Death Eaters had robbed too many families of loved ones, but for Teddy, Andromeda willed herself to go on. He was too important and loved too much to be left alone.

Teddy stopped crying as soon as his Grandma picked him up. He seemed to be staring up at Andy with trust and love. There was no way he could know or understand what had happened to those who should have been there to raise him. Andy mourned for what he could never have, but she realized she would do what she had to do in order for him to grow up loved and happy.

Molly came into the room to make sure how Andy was doing. When she saw the baby wrapped in his grandmother’s arms, she knew that they would both be ok. She exited the room and headed to the kitchen. Andy would have questions, and Molly would do her best to answer them.



A short while later, Andy entered the kitchen carrying Teddy and found Molly brewing some tea and pulling some biscuits out of the oven.

“You didn’t need to go to such trouble! How did you even find everything?” Andy asked.

“Oh, most kitchens have what is needed; all you have to do is look!” Molly poured two cups of tea and sat down at the table.

Andy prepared a bottle for Teddy and then joined her. Both of the women watched the infant peacefully eating for a few moments before Andy looked up and met Molly’s eyes. Pain that mirrored her own came back at her.

“So…, what happened? I guess the battle took place as planned. I would also guess that He Who Must Not Be Named was defeated, or you would have told me to go into hiding the moment you arrived,” Andromeda calmly stated.

“Voldemort is truly gone for good. Somehow his Killing Curse rebounded again, but this time we all saw it happen. Harry is fine, though we had all thought he was dead for a time. He had tricked us in order to trick Voldemort, and Narcissa ended up helping him with his deception. It seems your youngest sister ended up deciding family was more important then the Death Eaters and helped Harry because he could confirm that Draco was alive and well.” Molly took some time to eat a biscuit and drink some tea.

“At least some of this nightmare is over then. I supposed the killings will stop and the Ministry will be returned to people on our side.” Andy paused until Molly nodded. “But what I really need to know is what happened to Nymphadora and Remus. Please!”

Molly stared into her tea for a time before answering. “No one I’ve talked to knows for sure, but George says he saw Bellatrix chasing Tonks firing Killing Curses and yelling something about ruining the family by marrying a werewolf. He was distracted by a giant, and by the time he turned to help, Tonks was no longer in sight,” Molly paused. “Percy says he say Remus howling in grief and running across a clearing. That was the last anyone I know saw them.”

Andy moved Teddy to her shoulder to burp him. She seemed to be hugging him close as she did it.

“What happened to Bella?” Andy looked up with some anger flashing in her eyes.

“I was the one that finally stopped her. Bellatrix was targeting some kids, including my Ginny. I was not losing another child, so I stepped in front of them and made sure she was stopped.” Molly met Andromeda’s eyes with some anger of her own. “She won’t be hurting anyone else from now on.”

“Bella is gone?” Andromeda asked. She continued on after Molly’s nod, “I always hoped that someone in my family would forgive me. As time passed, I learned that they never would. It never occurred to me that Bella would target Dora for marrying a werewolf. By that time, I thought they had forgotten all about us, but that was foolish. She was just bidding her time.”

It took a few minutes for the rest of Molly’s statement to register with Andromeda, but when it did there was new shock on her face. “Another child? Who else was killed during the battle? I should have known I wasn’t the only one to lose a loved one. I’m sorry Molly!”

Molly took a deep and calming breath before answering, with tears flowing down her face. “My Fred was killed…” She had to take a few deep breaths before continuing. “Lots of other students were also killed. Minerva let any that were of age stay to fight, if they wanted to. It was their school to protect, and once they were of age we had no right to tell them to go.

Word had gotten out about the battle and more people then I would have guessed showed up to protect Hogwarts and try to defeat Voldemort. It will be a long time before the scars of the battle are wiped from the school, or the hearts of those who lost loved ones. Kingsley Shacklebolt is acting as Minister of Magic. Minerva is heading the clean up of the school.”

It was a while before either woman talked. Teddy was cooing and gurgling in Andromeda’s arms.

“Harry will be stopping by to check on you. He was named Teddy’s godfather and he intends to keep his word. You won’t be alone in raising that boy. I hope you know that you can call on me if you need anything. The Burrow is always open to you.” Molly had tear streaked cheeks, but compassion in her voice.

“Thank you Molly. I will take you up on that offer. Teddy will need more then what I alone can give him. I’m glad that Harry will also be around to help. I know that Remus was always sad that he couldn’t give Harry more.” Andromeda got up and gave Molly a one handed hug. “It will be nice being part of a family that chose us, instead of being alone.”

Molly pulled Teddy and Andromeda into a tighter hug. Both knew that things would all work out somehow. It would just take time for healing.