Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Deathly Hallows, Revisited by Slytherins

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: This chapter was written by XhayleeXblackX with special help and beta'ing by starkllr

The sun was slowly starting to set as guests began to enter the soft silken marquee set up in the backyard of the Burrow. Dozens of yellow and white roses were placed around the area, creating a stunning atmosphere of happiness.



A tall redheaded wizard in handsome black dress robes stood at the front of the tent upon a slightly raised platform. Next to Ron stood Harry Potter, his best man. Both had identical white roses in the pocket of their robes. Beside Harry was Ron’s brother George who had taken his flower and put it into the hole where his ear should have been.



After all the guests had entered the marquee, a short, plump wizard came and stood on Ron’s right side. With one small wave of his wand, soft music began playing. The wedding was starting.



Luna Lovegood was the first to walk down the aisle. She looked stunning in her pale yellow dress, though she did have a rather large ring of roses in her hair. Ron’s sister Ginny came next. Harry let out an involuntary sigh as he saw his future wife looking more beautiful than ever in her dress, his mind could not help but wander to the day when his and Ron’s places would be reversed.



Then Ron’s niece came walking through throwing large handfuls of roses excitedly as she went, her light blonde hair flowing behind her. At last came the bride and her father.



Her dress was strapless and fit her figure perfectly; though white, it faded into a pale golden yellow at the bottom and trailed behind her. Her hair came down in soft curls framing her flawless face as she smiled at her fiancé.



As Hermione approached Ron, he couldn’t help whispering, “Bloody hell!” She had never looked more amazing, and she was going to be his. When they reached the platform, Mr. Granger kissed his daughter on the cheek before placing her hand in Ron’s.



“Take care of my little girl, and always love her unconditionally,” he said to Ron as he let go of Hermione’s hand.



“I will, Mr. Granger, always.” Mr. Granger walked over to his wife who was sitting in the front row beside Ron’s own mother. Their faces were identical, both smiling and tear-stained as they watched their children.



Ron turned to Hermione and lifted her veil. Her make-up was minimal and only added to her natural beauty. Her deep brown eyes were welling with tears as she stared into Ron’s own blue ones.



“I love you, Ron,” she whispered. He replied with a nod, unable to speak as they turned to the officiating wizard.



“Ladies and gentlemen, witches and wizards. We are gathered here today to celebrate the union of these two faithful, loving souls. The bride and groom have decided to use a mixture of traditional Muggle and Wizarding vows,” he pronounced, and then turned to Ron.



“Ronald Bilius Weasley, do you take Hermione Jean Granger to be your beloved wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, as long as you both shall live?”



“I, Ronald Bilius, take you, Hermione Jean, to be my beloved wife. I promise to honor and cherish you, to be at your side in sorrow and in joy, in good times and in the bad, and to love you unconditionally always as long as we both shall live,” Ron replied, a small nervous grin crossing his face.



“And do you, Hermione Jean Granger, take Ronald Bilius Weasley to be your beloved husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, as long as you both shall live?” the small man repeated. Hermione looked into Ron’s eyes and he mouthed the words ‘I love you’ so that only she could see.



“I, Hermione Jean, take you, Ronald Bilius, to be my beloved husband. I promise to honor, cherish, and love you with all my heart, always and unconditionally through the good times and the bad, through sorrow and joy as long as we both shall live,” Hermione recited, shiny tears breaking free from chocolate pools of her eyes.



“Then I declare you bonded for life. You may kiss the bride.”



Ron leaned in and cupped Hermione’s face in his hands and they kissed passionately for a few moments. All was theirs, nothing else in the world mattered at that moment, but their love for each other. After their years of bickering, denying, and fighting their love, they were finally husband and wife. Forever and eternally bonded to each other.



Stars fell magically upon them as the crowd of guests broke into applause, bringing them out of their blissful trance. Charlie, Bill, and George all let out loud whoops of congratulations, while Percy stood beside his mother clapping proudly. Harry and Ginny beamed at them, both glad that their best friends had finally made it to the altar.



Just as the officiating wizard at Bill and Fleur’s wedding had done, the wizard next to Ron and Hermione cleared the chairs and created a dance floor and seating area. The newly wed couple walked hand-in-hand to the middle of the floor as music began to play. Hermione laughed. She had worried that the musicians wouldn’t get it right, as it was a Muggle song, and an old one. Her mother had suggested it and Hermione thought it was the perfect choice; Embraceable You was the same song she and Mr. Granger had used for their first dance.



Ron and Hermione danced alone, all eyes on them, and their eyes only on each other. As they danced, the marquee and the guests and everything else seemed to disappear; for them there was nothing in the world but the two of them. As the song ended, everything else returned into view, and many more couples joined them on the dance floor.



“Ron, I love you,” Hermione stated happily as she looked at her husband.



“Always?” he asked as he stared into her loving eyes.



“Always and more than you will ever know,” she replied as he leaned down and kissed her lips softly.



“I love you too, Mrs. Weasley.”