Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Patient by MaiaMadness

Printer
Summary:
“I’m still right here, giving blood and keeping faith, and I’m still right here.
If there were no rewards to reap, no loving embrace to see me through this tedious path I’ve chosen here, I certainly would have walked away by now.
I’m gonna wait it out. Be patient…
If there was no desire to heal, the damaged and broken met along this tedious path I’ve chosen here, I certainly would have walked away by now.
And I still may.”



Neville sits in St. Mungo’s, contemplating the futility of sitting there, hoping that his parents will get better and knowing they won’t; wondering if he’ll ever dare to allow himself a life; wishing that things had been different, that he’d had a mother’s arms to comfort him when he was sad, that he’d had a longer childhood and that he dared tear himself off the path of tedium and self-pity he is on to go talk to someone who cares…
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Dark/Angsty Fics
Characters: None
Warnings: Mental Disorders
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 1 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 2032 Viewcount: 1492
Published on: 01/02/08 Updated On: 01/10/08





1. The Patient by MaiaMadness [ - ] (2032 words)
Lots of thanks to my beta, Melissa (solemnlyswear_x) for helpful comments and suggestions! Thank you so much! To everyone else, please enjoy!

This story is based on the song The Patient by Tool, from their album Lateralus (2002). I have used lyrics from the song in the summary. I am merely borrowing the song and its lyrics, so please, none of the sueing-ness. I is very poor right now.