Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

No Escape by love_is_torture

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Thanks alot to my absolutely wonderful beta Melissa/solemnlyswear_x for helping me so much with this story. I hope you enjoy it!

Disclaimmer: I am definately not JKR and everything here belongs to ger except my plot and Amanda.
No Escape

The strong wind blew my blonde locks of hair away from my face as I slowly walked over to the cushioned bench, never taking my eyes off the rain pounding the ground. Although I was inside a warm house moments ago, somehow, I felt much warmer out here watching the rain.

The huge imposing manor that I was in was a very lonely and frightening place. I wondered if I’d even be able to live in a place like that. No, I will not even think such things. I have to do this. There is no turning back now, Amanda, I told myself firmly. I am confident about this.

I looked down and to the right and focused on my bare shoulder. The skin was extremely pale and unmarked. Since when has my skin been so pale? I wondered as I continued staring at it. The only flaw was the goose bumps that weren’t created by the cold, but by the fear of what would happen next.

As I thought that, the wind suddenly picked up. I shivered slightly as it blew again. My hair wanted to fly away with the wind, but the gust quickly changed into a breeze and then stopped completely. My locks of hair nestled back on my shoulder and hung down to my chest.

I sighed deeply as I looked down at my right hand. On one of my fingers was a ring with a large diamond that had a tinge of light blue, which was sitting on a gold band of rich, yellow gold. The diamond was enchanted to sparkle constantly. I gazed up again and stared at the rain, not wanting to even think about what was on my other hand. Well, wrist actually, I corrected myself.

I stood up and walked over to the edge of the veranda, trying my best not to trip on the extravagant skirt of my wedding dress. There were clear beads embroidered on the silkiest material I had ever touched. I took in a deep breath again; the cold fresh air mixed with my perfume filled my nostrils. My lilac perfume, I thought. He likes the smell of lilacs. I put it on just for him.

I moved over to the three steps that would lead me to the gigantic garden that was more the size of a park than a place to hold flowers. Looking at my ring again, I sighed deeply.

Oh, why does this have to be an arranged marriage!? I screamed inside my head. Why couldn’t I just fall in love like everyone else? Why do I have to be forced to live a life of misery and pain? It’s like I keep screaming and no one ever even notices. The corset of my dress was making it so hard to breathe.

Lifting the skirt of the dress and revealing my white high-heeled shoes, I stepped down one of the three steps and stopped. I looked back at the great wooden doors that had carved serpents on it. I turned back to the rain and descended the remaining steps. After taking a few paces I was being hit by rain from all directions but surprisingly enough, the rain was very gentle and I could hardly feel the cold now.

I closed my eyes and looked up so that I’d be facing the sky. I could feel my eyes blaze and tears run down my face, burning my skin on its way. I stood there, crying for what seemed to be an eternity. Only when an arm wrapped itself around my waist did I realize that I looked like a complete disaster. My make-up had run, my dress was soaked and sticking to my legs, and my white-blonde hair was sticking onto my neck and shoulders. Gasping, I turned to see who had now pulled me closer to their body.

I was relieved when I saw icy grey eyes stare deep into mine. He was clearly trying to see what was lurking deep inside me, but he failed miserably. He wanted me to be able to block people out by building a wall around my heart, and he had finally succeeded. It was like a hard layer of ice covering my eyes. The same eyes that long ago used to shimmer and burn with an eternal flame. I sighed. But it took only a single raindrop to extinguish it forever.

“It’s bad luck to see a bride in a wedding gown before the wedding.” I smiled at him. He gave me back an emotionless smile, but said nothing. We both stood there quietly, listening to the gentle sounds of the rain. He took my left hand in his and brought it to his face. I turned my head to face him and gave him a puzzled look. He just smiled at me.

“Let’s go,” he said, kissing the palm of my hand and leading me back under the veranda of the Malfoy Manor. Once we were sheltered from the rain, he performed a drying spell on me and then himself. He attempted looking into my eyes again. Brushing some hair away from my face he once again smiled.

“You smell nice,” he said, and with no other words spoken, he left. I could still feel his cold kiss on my palm. Turning my head to look at the calming rain, for what seemed to be the last time, I took my time walking back to the doors.

***

Everyone’s voices were muffled while I stood there looking at the priest like an idiot. The sounds of the rain throwing itself at the roof filled my ears. After thinking about the rain, the high pitched voice that belonged to my mother brought me back.

"Oh, they are such a lovely couple!" she squeaked. Tears of happiness for her daughter were pouring out of her eyes. If only you knew what he really thinks of me! I thought angrily. Maybe if you knew, you wouldnt have have forced me into this! Then, maybe, I might have had a life! Hate for my parents, Draco, everyone else, and especially for myself filled my heart. I came back to Earth when I heard the priest again.

“You may now kiss the bride!” the priest said cheerfully. I was taken aback when I felt Draco’s lips pressed against mine. His hands travelled onto my lower back and I closed my eyes slowly. When I opened them even slower, he pulled back. His grey eyes pierced mine, questioning, but I just stared back at him, my eyes blank. The applause of the guests seemed to be muffled and in slow motion.

Suddenly, I felt extremely dizzy, and his eyes became faint grey dots. I looked around the crowded room and noticed that everyone was looking at me. All of the people were also big blurs. No, I can’t be crying! Not now. I tried to blink rapidly. I raised one of my hands to wipe a tear off my eyes, but when my fingers reached my eyes, there were no tears.

Strange, I thought. I closed my eyes again, opening them seconds later. Then, everything went black. Pitch black and nothing else.

***

When I woke up, I saw that the curtains on my bedroom window were moved to the side and the rising sun’s rays were pouring into the room through the opened window. I pulled the blankets back and got up from my four-poster bed. I found my emerald green robe and quickly put it on as the chilly wind blew on me. When I opened the door and stepped out into the dark corridor, I knew I had to find Draco and talk to him. There was nothing else for me to do now. As I went down the stairs, I pulled my hair back into an untidy bun. I walked around, peeking in every room to see if Draco was inside.

After minutes of searching, I found him. He was kneeling at the fireplace, using the Floo Network. I hid behind the half opened door and listened in. When I first looked, I could understand everything perfectly, but now the cold voice on the other side of the Floo Network was mumbling and I couldn’t understand a thing. Then, the voice became clear again and Draco responded.

“I will do all I possibly can, my Lord,” he said. Then he got up, and the face in the fireplace was gone. I heard Draco’s footsteps and then there was silence.

“Come in, dear,” I heard Draco’s voice call from the room. I could feel my heart beginning to race. How did he know I was here? I’m sure I didn’t make any noise, I thought. I breathed in, panicking, wondering whether I should go in or run up the stairs.

“Aren’t you going to come in?” he said, his voice filled with fake sweetness and curiosity. Now I had no choice but to enter; he knew I was here. My hands were formed into fists and as my fingernails pierced my palm, I walked in.

The fire was normal again and I could see the top of Draco’s head behind an armchair that was facing the fireplace. I walked over to him and sat down in the armchair closest to his.

“How many times have I told you not to eavesdrop?” he asked me, still pretending to be sweet. Great. Absolutely great. What do I say now? I asked myself.
“I’ve told you many times befor-” he broke off as I interrupted him.

“D-Draco, I have to, I have to tell you s-something,” I said, my voice quivering. Get yourself together, I told myself. I tried to speak again, but no words came out, so I just stared at his cold grey eyes. He didn’t speak either and stared back at me. I felt my eyes burn and swell up with tears. I had to blink them back; he couldn’t see me crying. I stood up and walked over to the sparkling fireplace, blinking as fast as I could. My eyes no longer felt teary.

I turned around to face him again. His eyes looked up and down my body. I closed my eyes, sheltering myself from his piercing gaze.

“What is it?” he inquired stopping his eyes on mine as I opened them. I sighed. It’s too late now; there is no escape. No escape. The words kept circling my brain. I let out another sigh. Draco’s eyebrow rose in a questioning manner.

“It’s nothing,” I said, my voice devoid of emotion. No. I won’t tell him. I can’t tell him. He will kill me. He will kill my family, friends, everyone that has ever been close to me. That’s not going to happen, I swear. I will never tell him that I don’t love him nor will I run away from this place. It’s my destiny here, my home. Oh, it’s not fair! But life’s never fair. My fate had been decided long ago, so I might as well not fight it, as I know completely that nothing can change destiny.

“Are you sure about that?” he asked, rising from the armchair as well.

“Yes,” I replied. I walked up to him and kissed him on the cheek. There is no escape. The words came to my mind again.

I turned and left the room and went up the stairs.

“No escape,” I whispered to myself and walked up the remaining steps.