Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Arcane ScoRA and the Wand of MacArt by OliveOil_Med

Printer
Summary: Nominated for the 2008 Quicksilver Quill Award for Best Post-Hogwarts Story

When Albus, Rose, and Scorpius are put on the train to their first year at Hogwarts, their parents have simple hopes for them. Namely to have the normal, boring school years they never got to experience themselves. But sometimes, we ask too much of our children.

When the school becomes plagued by invasions of wild beasts, three different students from three different houses follow in the footsteps of the generation before them, but strive to achive the one thing none of their predesesors ever could: DON'T GET CAUGHT!


Ratings: 1st-2nd Years [ - ]
Category: Next Generation
Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 18 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 109928 Viewcount: 84865
Published on: 01/19/08 Updated On: 02/15/10





1. Chapter 1 A Quiet Compartment Ride by OliveOil_Med [ - ] (3581 words)
On the Hogwarts Express, Albus contemplates his fate in the upcoming Sorting Ceremony while he and Rose share a compartment with the one student who could make their parents want to transfer them to boarding school in Switzerland.

Major thanks to Kayla and Kate!

2. Chapter 2 An Unexpected Sorting Ceremony by OliveOil_Med [ - ] (4745 words)
One by one, a new generation of first years are sorted into their houses. Some answers come as no shock, while others leave the Great Hall in silence.

Thank you Kate, Kayla, and Bethie.

3. Chapter 3 Insults, Infestation, and Influence by OliveOil_Med [ - ] (5780 words)
Rose continues to mope and Albus continues to worry about her. But his own life isn't going sweet as roses either.

Thank you to all the lovely ladies who helped make this story possible!

4. Chapter 4 The Ravenclaw Passageways by OliveOil_Med [ - ] (6725 words)
One night after midnight, a unwelcome visitor in the school corridors forces three unlikely allies to band together. The only question is will they live to tell the tale.

Thank you Kate and Kayla!

5. Chapter 5 The Arcane ScoRA by OliveOil_Med [ - ] (6740 words)
Albus, Rose, and Scorpius survive the encounter with the Erkling only to face threats from something much worse: Moaning Myrtle. And through a series of lies to keep from being told on to the teachers, the Arcane ScoRA is born.

Thanks go out to th_poet14 and Pondering!

6. Chapter 6 The Doxy Swarm by OliveOil_Med [ - ] (8393 words)
The first Quidditch match of the season opens to a gigantic crowd, but an invasion of a certain venomous pests turns the event into a free-for-all.

Thanks go out to my new betas: Caitlin, Rhi, and Azhure.

7. Chapter 7 Craftsmanship and Technique by OliveOil_Med [ - ] (4260 words)
Albus waits for Scorpius and Rose in the library for another Arcane ScoRA meeting, and is greeted once again by Maddox Dugan. But his friends don't appear to share Albus' high opinion of him.

ThanX Azhure and Caitlin!

8. Chapter 8 Planning and Preparations by OliveOil_Med [ - ] (6538 words)
Christmas is coming and the Arcane ScoRA is creating a plan of attack for of the holiday. And Albus takes a leap of faith, and invites Maddox to become a member of the Arcane ScoRA.

Thank you to Azhure, Afifia, and Caitlin!

Also, thank you to JCCoiller for letting me borrow her idea of the guide frogs from her Brazillian school. Please read her amazing story, Marissa and the Wizards.

9. Chapter 9 'Twas the Night Before Christmas by OliveOil_Med [ - ] (6570 words)
Albus and Rose come back to London for their Christmas holiday. But the chaos of the Weasley family Christmas is enough to make all that has been happening at Hogwarts seem relaxing.

Thank you to Caitlin and Azure, and eponine for helping me.

10. Chapter 10 A Cloak, a Map, and a Plan by OliveOil_Med [ - ] (6573 words)
Back at Godric's Hollow, Albus enjoyments of the comforts of home don't list for very long, as he only has a limited amount of time to find the Marauder's Map and the Invisibility Cloak.

Thank you to Azure, Caitlin, and Lizzy for being such wonderful betas!

11. Chapter 11 The Quintaped by OliveOil_Med [ - ] (8534 words)
With two new tools in their possession, the Arcane ScoRA desides to take them on a test run under a cover of darkness. But neither of them are much help for what they encounter.

Thank you Lizzy, Azure, and Caitlyn!

12. Chapter 12 The Great Investigation by OliveOil_Med [ - ] (7321 words)
Albus, Rose, and Scorpius are no longer the only students at Hogwarts with worries when the Department of Magical Law Enforcement comes to the school and begins interrigating the student body.

Thank you, Lizzy and Treacle Heart!

13. Chapter 13 Still More Questions by OliveOil_Med [ - ] (6197 words)
The members of the Arcane ScoRA become officially in far too deep when they spy on the visiting Aurors. But it does have its advantages as well, as they learn far more than they could have imagined.

Again, thank you to Lizzy and Trecle Heart

14. Chapter 14 The Gathering by OliveOil_Med [ - ] (4256 words)
The semi-secret of creatures breaking into Hogwarts suddenly becomes very public knowledge.

Thank you again to my betas, Leslie and Julia!

15. Chapter 15 Sightings by OliveOil_Med [ - ] (2297 words)
Rose finds a first-hand witness to tell what has been happening in the forest. One that falls slightly below Albus and Scorpius' expectations.

Thank you to Apruva, who really is one of the most lovely betas you will ever meet!

16. Chapter 16 The Wand of MacArt by OliveOil_Med [ - ] (7376 words)
Rose delves head first into a theory she has as to why everything that has been happening during the school year, and she drags the boys along with her so that she can prove it.

Thank you again to Apruva, who has done so much hard work in helping me with my writing!

17. Chapter 17 The Manticore by OliveOil_Med [ - ] (7902 words)
The three members of the Arcane ScoRA come face to face with the manticore and the one who is controlling it.

Thanks once again to Apruva, my loveliest of lovely betas!

18. Chapter 18 The Fall from Grace by OliveOil_Med [ - ] (6140 words)
Albus and his friends deal with the aftermath of the events of the year, and contemplate how the Arcane ScoRA is going to survive how that their first year is over.

And thank you to Apruva who finally broke the Arcane ScoRA beta curse, ending the story with me!