Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

A Summer Neither Of Them Would Ever Forget by silver_sweetheart

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: Hi! This is my very first ficcy so please read and review! I would really appreciate it! Plus if you review this then I will read and review YOUR stories. Thank you!

Harry Potter, the Boy Who Lived, lay on his bed, staring up at the ceiling. He realized that some of the paper on the ceiling was rotting off. He suddenly felt an irresistible urge to go and pull it off as an act to annoy Uncle Vernon. He chuckled to himself at the thought.

Harry became aware of a faint tapping at the window. He looked around and saw Hedwig, his snowy white owl, and an unfamiliar tawny owl, hovering impatiently outside his window.

He stood up, walked towards the window and opened it. The two owls soared in and dropped two letters on his bed.

One letter he immediately recognised to be from Hermione – he knew her handwriting anywhere, and the other, well, he wasn’t quite sure.

He decided to open the unfamiliar letter first. It said:

Dear Harry,

I am really sorry that I was so cold to you during the fifth year. I was terribly upset about Cedric’s death and I know I shouldn’t have been so rude to you. I treated you like dirt, I used you as a way to talk about Cedric, and I feel awful. I really do like you, Harry and I very much want to start afresh. Would you like to spend the rest of the summer at my house? It would be just the two of us, so we would be able to get to know each other a little better. How about it?

See you soon!
Cho


Harry’s heart gave a leap inside his chest. Cho Chang, Cho Chang had written him a letter! She wanted to get to know him; she wanted to be his girlfriend again! He imagined the two of them together, curled up on a sofa together, kissing. His life would be truly perfect.

Harry snapped out of his daydream, and opened Hermione’s letter. It was considerably longer than Cho’s:
Dear Harry,

How are you? Are the Dursleys being horrible to you as usual? I do hope they aren’t treating you too badly this summer, I wonder what Tonks and Lupin and Moody would do to them if they found out they were mistreating you. I almost feel sorry for them! Note the word almost.

I was thinking. Well, you don’t have anywhere to go this summer, do you? Ron’s away in Bulgaria with his family, and I don’t suppose you would want to go back to Sirius’ house, after what happened at the end of term.

Harry stomach plummeted. For a split second, he had almost forgotten about his godfather’s death. But Hermione was right; he didn’t particularly want to back to Grimauld Place.

Would you like to come and spend the rest of the holidays with me? It would be just you and I, we could go to Spain if you like, my parents have an apartment there you see. Would you like that? We don’t have to go to Spain – only if you want to. We can just stay here. We can celebrate your birthday in style too! I think you need some company at the moment, Harry. Let me know in your next letter whether it is OK with your aunt and uncle or not.

I hope you’re doing you’re holiday homework!

Lots of Love,

Hermione


xxx

Harry blushed at the three kisses, and the, “Lots of Love”. Hermione was never usually this friendly in letters. But he wasn’t complaining.

He ran his fingers through his messy black hair, wondering how he was going to sort this problem out. Two girls had both asked him to come and stay with them for the rest of the summer – alone.

Now don’t get me wrong, Harry was happy. Any almost sixteen year old guy would be. I mean, two pretty girls both wanting him alone for the rest of the summer? It’s his dream.

But Harry, as you have probably gathered from the books, isn’t your average almost sixteen year old guy. He’s, well, Harry Potter.

And this is why I am now going to tell you that Harry was more worried than happy. He was worried, dear readers, about who he should spend the rest of the summer with.

Cho, she was beautiful, kind, sweet and willing to give it a go with him.

Hermione was just plain old bossy-boots Hermione, annoying yet likeable.

Yet, although Cho sounded better when he put it like that, there was the fact that he had known Hermione much longer and would therefore be more comfortable around her household and her family members. Cho’s family would be completely new to him.

Also, when Harry was around Cho, he always felt nervous, he always felt he couldn’t be himself. However, when he was with Hermione, he was completely Harry. Cho liked Harry for being the type of boy that he acted around her, but Hermione liked Harry because he was Harry. Hermione had seen him at his best…and his worst.

In the end, he supposed it felt more natural to go to Hermione’s house. He hoped Cho wouldn’t be too disappointed.