Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

A Summer Neither Of Them Would Ever Forget by silver_sweetheart

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Hermione,

I have met the most amazing and wonderful girl on holiday. She’s so nice and she’s called Ray. She makes me laugh so much and she is a lot like me. She and I are really good friends and she said she can’t imagine us being anymore than friends though.


Hermione gritted her teeth.

“Now there’s a situation I know well,” she hissed.

At first, I was so down about this. Then, I had a good long think about it. Ray and I get on so well, we just had to go out. So I tried flirting with her. At first she didn’t react at all but then she got into it. When it felt right, I asked her on a date and she said yes! We had a great time AND we kissed. We are now a happy couple! The point I am trying to make is that if someone you like says that they can’t imagine you being anymore than friends, you mustn’t give up. You must keep on trying and, if you’re meant to be together, it will eventually work out.

Anyway, see you at school!

Ron


For the first time in her life, Hermione felt like hugging Ron. She did feel that she and Harry should be a couple, deep inside her heart. And she was Hermione Granger, the brightest witch in her year at school “ she would win Harry round somehow!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry was quiet at dinner with the Granger’s that night. He couldn’t stop thinking about how Hermione had said that they were just friends. Yes, he had played along by agreeing with her but he didn’t really mean what he said.

Get a grip, Potter, said a voice in his head. Why do you care so much about whether Hermione looks to you as a friend or not?

Because you’re in love with her,
said another voice in his head.

Nonsense! Of course he’s not!

Yes he is! Otherwise, he wouldn’t care what Hermione thought of him.

He’s just being silly.

I think not. He loves her!

He does not!

Does too!

Does not!


All through the evening these voices in Harry’s head argued over his feelings for Hermione. Eventually, he couldn’t take any more of it. With a loud cry he flung his head into his (full) soup bowl.

“Um, Harry…are you OK?” asked Hermione nervously.

Harry looked up, tomato soup trickling down his face. Hermione giggled.

“Hermione dear, take Harry to the bathroom and help him clean himself up,” said Mrs. Granger.

Hermione nodded and gently took Harry’s arm.

“That was a bit silly,” said Hermione. “Are you tired?”

“No,” said Harry. I’m just going mad with these voices in my head deciding whether I love you or not, he said silently.

“Oh well. I’ll wipe your face clean with this flannel…Unless of course, you want me to lick it. Tomato soup is my favourite.”

“OK then,” laughed Harry.

Hermione leaned forward, stuck out her tongue and slowly ran it across Harry’s forehead. She licked her lips and smirked at Harry, who grinned back at her. He enjoyed the feeling of Hermione’s tongue across his skin. It made him feel nice.

“There’s some on your lips. Shall I lick that too?” asked Hermione keenly.

Harry paused. Letting Hermione lick his lips would be as good as letting her kiss him.

But he suddenly wanted Hermione to kiss him. He nodded. Hermione delightedly slid her tongue across his lips. Harry found himself opening his mouth and Hermione’s tongue slipped inside. Her tongue stopped licking him and began to brush his teeth. He enjoyed this pleasure for a while, and then he wanted his turn.

He clamped his lips tight shut, and Hermione’s tongue slipped out of his jaw. He pushed his own tongue against Hermione’s lips. It slid in straight away and he began to explore her mouth.

Eventually, Harry and Hermione got bored of this French kissing and settled with kissing normally instead. Harry found Hermione really was a very good kisser.

Suddenly, sense came on to Harry. What on earth was he doing, kissing his best friend? He pushed Hermione away from him. She stumbled backwards, looking hurt. Harry ran out of the bathroom and up to his room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hermione stared at the swinging bathroom door and the place where, only seconds ago, she and Harry had been kissing. She had been so close, so close, to getting him. Then he had had to run off.

Boys!