Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Sometimes An Enemy is Your Only Way Out by TCole

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: I didn't feel that chapter two of this story told everyone how everything had ended. So I wrote an Epilogue to it in order to show everyone what had happened after the Time Turner had broke.
Three Years Later.

“I can’t believe we are still stuck here. Sirius, why don’t you just use the Time Turner you have?” Elladora asked. She looked over at her nephew and noticed that he wasn’t paying attention to her.

Three years prior, Elladora, Sirius, and Severus were on a mission to retrieve two things from a young boy named Harry Potter. Elladora was from the year 1871, and Sirius and Severus were from far In the future. Severus’s Time Turner had fallen out of Elladora’s hands and smashed on the floor in front of her. Although Sirius had one of his own, he had refused to make more than one trip into the past or the future, so they had found a small, run-down shack on a secluded side of town and lived there for the past three years.

“He’s too stubborn. It would make the most sense seeing as how we’d all eventually get back to our own time periods, but he’s not going to do it,” Severus told her as he sat down in a chair across from her. “The Dark Lord has probably already completed the mission or possibly even killed the person who sent him on it.”

Elladora nodded her head, but she continued to stare at Sirius. Living with Severus and Sirius had been a nightmare for Elladora. She understood that they both hated each other, but she didn’t think it was fair that they would put her in the middle of their fights. No matter what the one of them did, the other would always start an argument.

“Sirius, why won’t you just let Severus take me back to 1871, and then when he comes back here, the two of you can go back to your time?” Elladora asked as she walked over to Sirius.

Sirius looked up at her, and laughed. “Obviously you don’t know how Snivellus is! If I gave him the Time Turner, he would take you home and then just go home himself. He would leave me here without a way to get home.”

“Honestly, Sirius, why would I do that? Everyone would know it was me that left you here, and even if I did, Dumbledore would most likely send Potter, Granger, and Weasley here to get you,” Severus snorted.

Sirius thought this over, and he knew that it could happen that way, but he didn’t trust Snape. Even after living with him for three years he still didn’t like him. The day that Snape’s Time Turner broke, Sirius watched as Voldemort created his own plan and found his own way out of completing the mission. Voldemort wouldn’t tell them what he planned to do, and Sirius knew that it was going to end that way. The one thing he didn’t know was that he would be stuck in the y ear 1910, and he didn’t know that there was a possibility that he would never get to see Harry again. He pulled away from Elladora after they found the shack, and he avoided her and Snape the entire time. Sirius enjoyed being around his aunt, but he still didn’t want to be stuck there.

There was nothing that Elladora or Snape could say that would change Sirius’s mind. Sirius knew, in his mind and his heart, that they would never get out of this predicament and that he would never get to see his friends and Harry ever again. He figured within a few years his hurting would start to die down, but that it would never completely disappear. He was beginning to accept that fact, and even though Elladora and Snape wanted to go home, he wasn’t going to allow that to happen. If he was going to be stuck there, they were going to be there with him.

Maybe if we live until Lily and James are adults and have Harry, than we can stop Voldemort from killing them. Anything is possible now, but we’re just going to have to sit back and wait, Sirius thought to himself. He sat back against the wall and continued to watch Elladora and Snape as they spoke amongst themselves about finding a way back to their own times. He smiled to himself, and within minutes, he had fallen into a dreamless sleep.