Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

A Many Splendoured Thing by cjbaggins

Printer
Summary: Harry, Ron, and Hermione have found and destroyed all the Horcruxes, Harry has subsequently defeated Voldemort, and now there is but one concern on his mind.
Ratings: 1st-2nd Years [ - ]
Category: Harry/Ginny
Characters: None
Warnings: Book 7 Disregarded
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 1 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 2132 Viewcount: 6725
Published on: 03/22/08 Updated On: 04/06/08



Story Notes: All of the characters included here {with the exception of the thrush ;o) } were created by J.K. Rowling. I’m just taking them for a spin around the block, I’ll put ‘em back, I promise.

After my daughter (needsomefelixfelicis) and I finished HBP, we had many animated discussions about how we thought the series would end. Prominent in our talks was the character of Snape and whether his actions in the sixth book proved he was evil, and whether Harry would survive after defeating Voldemort. Before DH, I never did manage to come up with a fic about those discussions. As we anxiously-awaited the seventh book, though, one idea kept crowding my thoughts - if Harry *did* live to tell the tale at the end of the series, what would he do first? What would he be most concerned about? This fic grew out of that thought. Please keep in mind that this was written after HBP, but well before DH, so I had flubbed through the actual ending and defeat of Voldemort, of course not having a clue how it would all pan-out. Therefore, in this make-believe version of the end of the series, Voldemort has been defeated but the trio was separated from the Weasleys during the battle and now return to the fold.

The title is taken from the song “Love is a Many Splendoured Thing” by Sammy Fain and Paul Francis Webster.

Dedication - this story is dedicated to my precious Harry Potter fan, my daughter Danielle.


1. A Many Splendoured Thing by cjbaggins [ - ] (2132 words)