Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Unexplained Files by Ron x Hermione

Printer
Summary: After the last battle Ron and Hermione started a relationship. But Ron's love for being an Auror soon surpasses Hermione, and they break it off, both heartbroken and discouraged. Hermione’s love for books has obscured her mind, and she soon discovers a tiny shop on the outskirts of Muggle London to establish a bookstore, a place where she can wield her own adoration as well as assist others in theirs. She leaves the magical world and all of the friends she's made behind with it. She hides her wand in a box under bed, away from any harm or pretense to use it. Fairly soon, what had started out as a shop that many thought would go out of business in weeks had established itself as a very worthwhile enterprise. Mark, Hermione's boyfriend, is constantly toying with her nerves, his abusive and whiny persona taking its toll on her life.

On a very important date in Muggle London, Mark proposes to Hermione under the oddest of circumstances, and Hermione glimpses Ron for the first time in nearly a year. Her love for him causes Mark to be outraged, and they leave the scene they have made in shambles.

Ron and Hermione are soon dating again, now that their lives have settled and their jobs are at ease. All is going well until Hermione begins to show signs of sickness. Bruises are forming on her body and she can't make out where they came from. She dismisses them and blames it on clumsiness, but the headaches become worse and worse until one day she finally collapses and is taken to St. Mungo's.

Hermione's illness turns out to be worse than anyone could have ever imagined. Will she be able to overcome it, and will true love prevail it all?

This is a new and improved, revamped version of this story. It has been rewritten halfway in compliance with DH. The older story, with all of its lovely reviews, have been regretfully deleted to make room for this version. Enjoy!
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Ron/Hermione
Characters: None
Warnings: Abuse, Book 7 Disregarded, Mental Disorders, Violence
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 2 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 8306 Viewcount: 7341
Published on: 03/25/08 Updated On: 05/11/08





1. Restaurants, Ron, and Resentment by Ron x Hermione [ - ] (3641 words)
This story has been rewritten, so it is new and improved for all of the fans it had acquired from the last time. I apologize to all of those I left hanging, but I am hoping that this time around that I keep up with the story and update as soon as I am possible. Thank you to all of the fans, reviewers, and hopefully some newly-acquired ones for sticking with me! A huge round of thanks as well for the lovely Melissa [solemnlyswear_x] for doing a great beta job.
2. Apprehension and Neglect by Ron x Hermione [ - ] (4665 words)