Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Finally by The Marauder

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
“Honestly Ron its not as if I enjoy going into the Forbidden Forest, but we promised Hagrid we’d check up on him.”

“Well we can’t bloody well check up on him if we’re pulverized by a stampede of centaurs or eaten by a colony of spiders the size of small buildings, now can we?” Hermione rolled her eyes and Ron glared in return. They had always fought incessantly but lately it was getting ridiculous; by the time they settled one fight they seemed to be halfway into the next. “You know if you hadn’t had to make that ‘quick stop’ last night to see how he was doing, we wouldn’t have had to make any blimey promises in the first place!”

“So now it’s my fault? Well I’m sorry that my being considerate to a friend has been such an inconvenience to your life Ronald! Did you even read that note Hagrid sent us? He was miserable! He needed us! Maybe if you would pay more attention to what the people around you were trying to say you wouldn’t be such a clueless git!” and she huffed off angrily wiping a tear from her cheek. Ron moaned…he couldn’t stand to see her cry. As much as they fought he was never really upset with her for the little things, it was the only outlet he had for all the feelings he had been holding inside for so many years now. But when she cried….oh…it turned his stomach in knots realizing that he had caused pain to someone he loved so dearly, the only person he’d ever felt like this for. He closed his eyes and dropped his head in defeat.

“Hermione!” Most of the time he really was clueless…often when she turned a fight over something small like the toast at breakfast this morning, or the fact that he hadn’t studied for the quiz in Transfiguration after breakfast, “Hermione?!” or the stupid note they’d gotten from Hagrid the night before about another task he had to handle for the Order…he usually didn’t have any idea what she was really talking about. Something particular kept coming up, he understood that, but what?! “HERMIONE! Where are you?” He turned his head to look for her and ended up running straight into a Hermione frozen, looking at something in absolute terror, “What are you….”and then he saw it.

There before them lay the lifeless body of Grawp, Hagrid’s “little” brother. Hermione gasped…

“Oh Ron, but how? Who could have…How could this have happened? Oh poor Hagrid!” She turned and he hugged her protectively, trying to ignore the sweet smell of vanilla in her hair, while she tried to hold back even more tears threatening to break loose.

“I don’t know Hermione…I don’t…”

*Crack*

“Shh…” He looked at her quizzically and she mouthed back, “someone is out there…” and then with a panicked look, “Whoever did this” pointing at Grawp, “they’re coming back!”

Ron was breathing quickly and looking around hopelessly, then with an idea he grabbed her hand and motioned for her to come. They tiptoed as quietly as they could avoiding twigs and leaves and headed for a very small cave he remembered, they were close…so close…
------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N Thanks for reading...if you could just take like 5 seconds i would really really appreciate it if you would review...any feedback, good and bad alike would be awesome! k, ch 2 will be up soon!