Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Finally by The Marauder

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: Jo’s characters not mine…of course…

… In a moment of bliss both forgot they were in a cave in the Forbidden Forest about to be discovered by two very deadly Death Eaters. Of course, turning and finding one face to face with you can quickly bring you back to reality…

Hermione and Ron slowly turned their heads and found the head of the second death eater staring at them, in utter astonishment.

“Bellatrix!” he yelled. Ron reached for his wand but Hermione was faster,

“Obliviate!” she whispered.

“What? What is it? Did you find your hat?”

“Huh? Oh um…nothing…nevermind.” She glared at him and then turned around muttering obscenities under her breath. The second Death Eater was still looking around confused, as if something was not quite right, but shrugged it off and turned to look somewhere else. Ron was looking at Hermione admiringly,

“Bloody Brilliant!” he whispered, she turned and smiled, kissing him on the cheek, but froze as something caught her eye. A small black hat was stuck in a bush only a few feet away.

“Merlin’s beard Ron, look! There it is! There’s his hat! What do we do?” The hat was well hidden and it presented an unfortunate dilemma. It was unlikely the two would find it, especially as it was getting dark, and if they couldn’t find it, how were Ron and Hermione ever going to escape? On the other hand, if they did somehow find it there was no chance they would not spot two terrified Gryffindors, and Obliviate wouldn’t work forever. Ron thought for a moment and then smiled,

“Remember the day we became friends?”

“What the troll? How could I forget?” she smiled questioningly and rolled her eyes, “Why? Where did that come from?”

He smiled back and winked, “Wingardium Leviosa!”

“I don’t know where it is Bellatrix. It’s getting dark and we’re never gonna find it.”

“Oh, we will find it, do you really think looking in the dark is the worst I could do to you? Maybe you need a reminder who you’re working for…”

“No, no! You’re right of course!” He was kneeling before her feet, head plastered against the ground, dirt sticking to his sweaty forehead...she smirked evilly, then tilting her head squinted her eyes… something was there.

She made a beeline in the direction of the cave and then screamed, “You moron! The brute had your hat in his hand and we’ve been searching for hours?” He stared confused, trying to understand… “Get out of my sight you piece of filth. NOW!” He practically tripped on his cloak getting up so fast, knowing what she was capable of in a temper. She sighed disdainfully, glaring his retreating form, and then looked at the hat, “Well master, I have succeeded…now they can never get it from him…”, she glanced back at Grawp’s massive body one more time and then smiled maliciously and followed the second Death Eater.

Ron and Hermione gazed into each other’s eyes. Somehow, they had survived, somehow, it was over. Neither dared move for nearly half an hour, but when they decided the coast was clear, they ran hand in hand, Ron leading the way, and burst into Hagrid’s cabin for shelter. Hermione leaned against the table panting, and looked up at him and smiled. Ron was staring at her oddly, a small smirk playing across his lips…

“You know…that’s a hard charm, some people can’t do it because they can’t say it properly.”

“Oh really?” she grinned walking towards him.

“Oh yes, it’s not ‘Levio-sar’, it’s ‘Levi-o-sa’.” She wrapped her arms around his neck head craned back to look him in the eyes,

“Dreadful mistake,” she breathed. He smiled and firmly pulled her body against his, finally giving her the passionate kiss he had been waiting to give her for so many years.

There are some things you just can’t share without falling in love…



A/N Thanks for reading! I just ask that you please be kind enough to review as I know you would wish me to do for you...