Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

War Torn by OliveOil_Med

Printer
Summary: Kalama Jameson has just ended her first year at the Kailani Shamanic Institute when the war in Britian is just beginning. Even all the way in Honolulu, news of the violence is travel fast, and so is the threat of danger. Kalama is barely home for a day when her stepfather and her little sister confront her and beg her not to go back to school next autumn, in the hopes that is she stays away from that world, it will keep her safe.

But there is a lot more that Kalama has to lose besides her own education. Before her mother died, she made a promise that she would become a witch and carry on her real father's legacy. So now, she must decide which is more important: the only people in the world who love her, or a promise to the dead.

I am OliveOil_Med of Ravenclaw, and this is my entry for the Fire Challange.
2nd Place Winner of the Fire Challange!

Ratings: 1st-2nd Years [ - ]
Category: General Fics
Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 7 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 22301 Viewcount: 21040
Published on: 04/04/08 Updated On: 12/10/08





1. Prologue Geckos on a Hot Ceramic Roof by OliveOil_Med [ - ] (3208 words)
Things are changing in the Jameson household, and Kalama, for the first time, see her family split into two different concepts.

Major thanks go out to my beta, Anna; and to thank her, I will include this culture note she was so insistant on.

Menehune are like little Hawaiian gnomes. They build these little canoes and late at night, the row out and beat sharks over the heads with the ores. The people of Hawaii believe that the menehune are very real. In fact, I once read a story by a teacher who canceled class for the day so her children could go on a menehune hunt after their playground had been vandalized.

2. Chapter 1 Summer in the City by OliveOil_Med [ - ] (4676 words)
Kalama comes home from her first year at the Kailani Shamanic Institute to the non-magical world of her family. But it doesn't take very long for her to see that the gradual changes that have happened to her over the year show clear as day to her dad and her sister.

Thank you, thank you, Anna!

3. Chapter 2 The Proposal by OliveOil_Med [ - ] (2099 words)
Kalama's family confronts her with two choices, and doesn't what to choose either of them.

Thank you, Anna, for being such a great beta!

4. Chapter 3 Candles on the Water by OliveOil_Med [ - ] (3235 words)
A violent storm traps Kalama in the house with her sister, her memories, and a choice that is tearing her in half.

Love ya, Anna!

5. Chapter 4 So Why Are You Running Away? by OliveOil_Med [ - ] (2244 words)
A family arguement at a sand castle building contest opens old, metaphorical wounds and create new, physical ones.

Thanks go out to my wonderful beta chick, Anna!

6. Chapter 5 Closing Time by OliveOil_Med [ - ] (3971 words)
Kalama stumbles upon a Portkey which takes her to the American wizarding shopping district. While there, a certain device allows her to recall some words of wisdom from her mother.

And, once again, Anna, you're the best!

7. Chapter 6 As Long as You Love Me by OliveOil_Med [ - ] (2868 words)
Kalama makes her choice and shares it with her family.

The final chapter and my first compled chapter fic. Thank you so much for getting me her, Anna!