Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Charm of Fall Bay by dancingwithneville

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: I don't own any of Harry Potter, Chracters and or anything that you think belongs to JK Rowling.

Thanks to my wonderful Beta readers tbsbooboo aka Taylen and iloverupertgrint aka Stacey!

It was quiet at the Burrow, and to those who knew how noisy it could get would have been in shock at this. A hot breeze blew in from the window over the bubble filled kitchen sink. A young lady of eighteen formally called Ginny Weasley sat at the worn table with a glossy copy of Witch Weekly in front of her.

Mrs. Weasley who would have been fixing lunch at that time was taking tea at her daughter in-laws house. Ginny looked up from the magazine when she heard singing come from the garden. She looked out the window to see Luna Lovegood, her closest friend coming up the dirt road.

“Luna!” She called out from the open window. The blonde fairy like girl waved her handful of foxgloves, lady’s smock, and londdon lily’s. Ginny had been expecting her friend for a couple hours now so she hadn’t been surprised by the handful of flowers. She had been meaning to pick some but never seemed to have the time.

A few minutes later Luna waltzed in the back door. “Hello Ginny! And how are you this fine day?” Luna said as she took a blue vase from the shelf and placed her bouquet into it.
Luna had spent so much time outside but she never seemed to burn or tan, for that matter she just seemed to glow.

“Fine, mum went to Hermione’s for tea so it’s just us this afternoon.”

“Wonderful! Because I have news for you!” Luna said as she arranged the flowers then seeing Ginny pour herself a glass of water she took the cup and poured it contents into the vase. Luna had outgrow her whimsical ideas, but it was still obvious how excited she was.

“What news?” Ginny asked as she took her empty glass and filled it with water. Luna took that mornings copy of the Daily Prophet and opened it to page six, and then set it before Ginny. “The social page? What would I want with the social page?” Luna pointed to a large headline. It read He’s Back in bold letters.

He’s Back
Wizarding World Hero returns to the country! Late last night Mr. Harry J. Potter was reported to be seen at the Leaky Cauldron. No information about his trip was given, the most eligible bachelor in the wizarding world came home sporting a tan. So we suppose he went somewhere warm, Mr. Potter left a few months after the war with You-Know-Who was won. He seemed out of spirits when he left but seems a lot happier. What was Mr. Potter doing out of the country? Is he seeing anyone? These questions and more are being asked by the witches of the wizarding world.

Ginny dropped the paper, her eyes went wide. Memories of his sparkling green eyes filled her mind. His messy black hair and glasses she loved so much tortured her.
“He’s back” she whispered before falling off her chair.

“Are you alright?” Luna asked peering over the table looking at Ginny.

“Fine” Ginny told her as she climbed back onto the chair. She pushed her hair from her eyes to look at the paper again.

“So? Aren’t you excited?”

“NO! I won’t know how to act around him! I’m not even sure if we could do the awkward break-up, just friends now stage!”

“Then I think you’ll say ‘yes’ to my proposition.” Said Cho Chang, a lovely girl of nineteen who stood in the doorway.

“How long have you been standing there, Cho?”

Cho smiled “Long enough to know if I had been Harry you would have been sent to St. Mungo’s.”

“She was supposed to be happy that he was back.” Luna told Cho, upset that Ginny hadn’t taken the news the way she had wanted her to.

“Oh, Luna!” Ginny sighed “I am happy that you told me. Now I only have to worry that he’s watching my every move.”

Luna gave a small “Oh” it was so hard to tell what Ginny wanted.

“What is the proposition?” Asked Ginny hoping it included leaving home for the summer. Since he was back Harry would spend more time at Ron’s and in turn Mrs.Weasley would invite him over to dinner at least twice a week. She had to get away…even though she didn’t really want too.

Cho walked into the kitchen, she wore a short blue summer dress and her glossy black hair was pulled into a messy bun. She had been working at Witch Weekly for a year and had a wonderful discount at the hottest wizarding stores. “My mum and I were to go to our beach house at Fall Bay but she can’t get the time off from work so I thought I would ask my friends (Luna smiled at this) if they wanted to come for an extended stay.”

“Father and I went there a few years back. They have the most interesting sea shells!” Luna exclaimed thinking about her large collection she kept in a gigantic glass jar at home.

“I’ll have to ask mum…she shouldn’t mind. When do you plan on leaving?” Ginny asked wondering how long she could avoid Harry.

“Saturday next.” Cho replied hoping that Molly would allow Ginny to come. She knew that Mrs. Weasley was still upset about Ginny rejecting Harry.

“Dad won’t mind if I go…He likes that I have friends to do things with.” She said as she seemed to forget herself and slip back to her fifth year attitude.

“It will be fun! We can go swimming everyday, have a bonfire, walk the beach, spend hours reading and doing whatever we want.” Cho said happily; glad that she could count on Luna and Ginny.

They talked for a while longer before Luna and Cho had to leave. Luna to her night-shift at Honeydukes and Cho home to fix dinner for her mum and dad. “Don’t forget to ask your mum and owl me as soon as you know!” Cho called as she and Luna left the kitchen.

Ginny watched her two friends walk down the drive before sitting back down. She picked up the paper then tossed it back onto the table. There was no way of getting around it. Harry was back and she would have trouble convincing her mum to let her go anywhere.

Chapter Endnotes: If you have a second or two please review!