Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Daughter of the Dark Side by Lyra Lestrange

Printer
Summary:

Lindsey Tonks appears to be a normal, almost invisible Hogwarts student, but underneath her is someone far from normal. What the world doesn't know is that Lindsey is the daughter of two well-known imprisoned Death Eaters, and has an identity she must hide from the world. Underneath Lindsey is a girl named Lyra Lestrange, a girl who is meant to be a secret forever. But will it last forever?

*Begins in GoF and follows the series through DH.

**Will appeal to fans of the Black family! Prominent characters are Bellatrix, Tonks, Andromeda, Sirius, and (to an extent) Narcissa.

Part Four Synopsis:

It's the summer after Albus Dumbledore's death, and the whole world is falling to Voldemort and the Death Eaters. Broken-hearted Lyra, unable to return to Hogwarts, must go into hiding with her family. It doesn't last long, and eventually Lyra is faced with a choice: join or die. Lyra's decision comes with many surprises, including a new ally who follows her to the final battle of good versus evil. While Lyra's path may seem clear, she finds herself torn between two sides for the final time, and in the end, despite tragedy and loss, Lyra accomplishes the impossible...which defies all of the agreements she and her family ever made.

Three years later, the fic has been completely finished! Enjoy reading it without having to wait for new chapters. Thanks to those who patiently waited and faithfully reviewed!


Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ] Past Featured Story
Category: Alternate Universe
Characters: None
Warnings: Alternate Universe, Character Death
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 57 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 156762 Viewcount: 463790
Published on: 04/25/08 Updated On: 03/05/11



Story Notes:

Though Lyra is from my own imagination, JK Rowling owns the rest of the Potterverse!

This is my first (and probably only) chapter fic, so I would love to know what you think!



1. Prologue by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (607 words)

2. Chapter 1- The Campsite by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (2799 words)

JK Rowling owns Harry Potter...

This chapter is basically an introduction to the characters. The inciting incident is in chapter two.


3. Chapter 2- The Match and the Mark by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (2677 words)
This is the chapter that the story really begins in. While I wished I owned Harry Potter, I don't...
4. Chapter 3- School Shopping by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (3484 words)

Sorry the update took longer than usual. I really needed to fix chapter three and was waiting until I had the time to do it.

JK Rowling still owns Harry Potter.


5. Chapter 4- Return to Hogwarts by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (3305 words)

I'm sorry if this chapter is boring or redundant because it's rewritten straight from the book, but I have to introduce the tournament and Mad-Eye Moody. I tried my best to cut out unnecessary information.

JK Rowling owns Harry Potter.


6. Chapter 5- The Auror and the Curses by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (1794 words)

Everything in Potterverse belongs to JK Rowling!


7. Chapter 6- Arrival of the Rivals by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (2305 words)
JKR still owns Potterverse.
8. Chapter 7- Holiday in Hogsmeade by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (2904 words)
Sorry about the long wait again, guys.
9. Chapter 8- Big Night by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (3387 words)

Yes, it's finally here...the Yule Ball chapter! Personally my favorite from part one, I'd have to say.


10. Chapter 9- Day at the Lake by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (1456 words)

Harry Potter will always belong to JK.

 

Oh, by the way, I forgot to tell you guys about Lyra's name. If you've read my profile, you'll see it's 'Leer-a', not 'Lie-ra.' This is because I thought it was pronounced like that when I started writing this, because my eighth grade science teacher said it like that and I didn't know it differently, but then I found out about the girl in The Golden Compass series being named 'Lie-ra' and I didn't even know it was a real name, let alone said like that! So basically, you can say it however you want, but it's really 'Leer-a.' I hope this wasn't too confusing and possibly clears up any questions about how to say her name.


11. Chapter 10- The Easter Holidays by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (1531 words)

Sorry about the shortness, guys. Hopefully this will give you a good idea about the relationship between Tonks and Lyra. It's the final chapter before the climax of part one!

Oh, and JK still owns HP.


12. Chapter 11- The Imposter by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (3066 words)
Hey, everyone! It's the final chapter of part one...hope you like it! It's longer than my average chapter, too, so those who have been wanting longer chapters, here it is! :)
13. Chapter 12- The Order by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (3402 words)

I'm really excited for part two to start. I think you will all enjoy it much better than part one. This chapter was personally one of my favorites to write, so much I wrote it in advance! And JKR still owns HP.


14. Chapter 13- Spilling Secrets by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (4974 words)
Here it is! I still don't own Harry Potter. I've filled in some of the gaps in OotP, like the Order members talking about tabbing Death Eaters. Hope you all like it. And I hope Sirius's story isn't too 'I know this already.' We all know it, but Lyra doesn't, so you get to see her reactions.
15. Chapter 14- Fifth Year Begins by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (2791 words)
Sorry about the wait, guys. I had to edit out quite a lot.
16. Chapter 15- Hermione's Idea by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (1775 words)
Sorry for the shortness! The next chapter is kind of long, and this one doesn't fit with it so I couldn't combine them.
17. Chapter 16- Christmas at Grimmauld Place by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (3426 words)
This may be my favorite chapter so far. Tell me what you think!
18. Chapter 17- The Truth by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (2150 words)
Obviously this is a major turning point, and I would love to know what you all think.
19. Chapter 18- Escape and Encounter by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (4081 words)
The chapter you've all been waiting for!
20. Chapter 19- Gamma Orionis by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (2106 words)

21. Chapter 20- The Beginning of the End by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (1486 words)
Sorry about the wait. My schoolwork has kept me busy. That, and I've been lazy and kinda forgot about this... :P
22. Chapter 21- Floo, Fire, and Flight by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (2045 words)
Here it is.
23. Chapter 22- An Unexpected Twist by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (2730 words)

Sorry about the wait! At first it was because school was busy, with it winding down and all, and I was on vacation the past week and really didn't have time to write, but in between then, er...I was lazy :P

I really hope you enjoy the end of the chapter. This will be very important later! Oh, and I hope Lyra's little detour provides an interesting piece that doesn't happen in the book.


24. Chapter 23- Blood Spills Blood by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (1915 words)

25. Chapter 24- Aftermath by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (3234 words)
Two chapters away from part three...
26. Chapter 25- Going Back by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (1410 words)
Last chapter of part two!
27. Chapter 26- Depression and Destruction by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (1862 words)
Part three is here just in time for HBP! This takes place during book six and is personally my favorite of the four parts.
28. Chapter 27- A Pensieve of Memories by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (4525 words)

I hope you enjoy this chapter as much as I do. I wrote it in advance. It was inspired by 'The Princes Tale' in DH, so I have to thank JK Rowling for that!

...Actually, I have to thank her for everything, as I would have had no inspiration for this story without the HP series :P


29. Chapter 28- Rage in the Robe Shop by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (1676 words)

30. Chapter 29- Dora's Diary by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (1657 words)

This is the last chapter before Lyra returns to school (but hopefully not the last one before I return, since that tends to slow down updates!). It's kind of short and contains nothing but what we know from canon, but I really like how it turned out! Enjoy!

Oh, on a different note, this fic has been chosen as a featured story! I'm not sure who decides which ones are featured but it is quite an honor! :)


31. Chapter 30- Identity Issues by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (2763 words)

32. Chapter 31- Nott in the Plan by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (1795 words)
This chapter title is obviously a play on words, but it can be read a few different ways, as in 'this is not in the plan,' 'there's now a knot in the plan,' or 'Nott is now in the plan.' What's the plan, you ask? It's not really anything, it's just Lyra's life, I suppose, and what she expects to happen with it.
33. Chapter 32- Brooms and Bludgers by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (2031 words)
Unfortunately for this to work, I had to postpone the Nott stuff for one chapter. Hope it's not too choppy.
34. Chapter 33- Stars and Snakes by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (2473 words)
This is one of my favorite chapters, and if you liked 'Nott in the Plan' you'll probably like this one more.
35. Chapter 34- Visit to the Village by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (2018 words)

36. Chapter 35- Realizations by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (2703 words)
Possibly my favorite one yet :)
37. Chapter 36- Red and Green by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (2838 words)

38. Chapter 37- The Trophy Room by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (1692 words)

39. Chapter 38- The Tale of the Three Sisters by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (5274 words)
Being home sick means I can update! Obviously the title is an allusion to 'The Tale of the Three Brothers.' I think this chapter is the longest in the fic. Enjoy!
40. Chapter 39- Boggart Battle by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (2454 words)

41. Chapter 40- Temper Takes Control by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (1228 words)
Another filler chapter...the climax begins after this one.
42. Chapter 41- Torn Loyalties by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (1926 words)
The climax of part three begins...
43. Chapter 42- The True End by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (2375 words)
Hope everybody's holidays went well.
44. Chapter 43- Remus Realizes by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (1270 words)
Last chapter of part three!
45. Chapter 44- Lost in the Chaos by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (1475 words)
Part 4/4 is here! As you would you expect, it takes place during DH.
46. Chapter 45- The Order's Ordeal by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (3011 words)
Yay for an update!
47. Chapter 46- Fallen by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (2001 words)

48. Chapter 47- Family Departing by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (2801 words)

49. Chapter 48- Nightmare Come True by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (5235 words)

Sorry about the wait, everybody...

Enjoy this chapter! It's major! Probably my favorite one besides 'Realizations.'


50. Chapter 49- The Life Lost by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (3802 words)

51. Chapter 50- Betrayal by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (3615 words)
It's been a while. We're approaching the end of this long, long fic :)
52. Chapter 51- Sad Story by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (3152 words)

53. Chapter 52- The End Arrives by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (3923 words)

The Battle of Hogwarts begins here!


54. Chapter 53- Finale by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (3683 words)
Wow, that was a long wait. I've been caught up in the sweep of back-to-school. I'm so, so sorry. You didn't deserve to wait that long after such an evil cliffhanger. Will you forgive me?
55. Chapter 54- The Lost Letters by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (5268 words)
Guess whaaaaat? It's almost done. Here's the big finale chapter.
56. Chapter 56- The Ceremony by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (5738 words)
Wow, guys...it's the last chapter! Not counting the epilogue. I hope the notification got out for the last chapter. I didn't get the usual amount of reviews. If you haven't read the chapter called 'The Lost Letters,' read it before you read this one!
57. Epilogue by Lyra Lestrange [ - ] (3658 words)
It's been long time. A long time since I've updated, but also a long time since I started posting this fic. And now, in about 4000 more words, this story will be over! So here you are, dear readers. If you're still around, enjoy this epilogue.