Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Neville Longbottom and the Goblet of Fire by Sonorus

Printer
Summary:

Neville stared down at the smouldering scrap of parchment. There, in neat handwriting that was not his own, was printed the name NEVILLE LONGBOTTOM.

When Neville's name emerges from the Goblet of Fire, the Boy-Who-Lived is thrust into his most dangerous challenge yet. For how can a boy with such limited magical ability possibly hope to survive one of the most gruelling and violent competitions in the Wizarding world?

The new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher takes Neville under his wing, but evil is growing nearer and not everyone is as they seem. Meanwhile new complications arise in Neville's life. How will he cope with these challenges, and what awaits him at the year's end? In Year Four, everything changes...


Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Alternate Universe
Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death, Violence
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 20 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 63359 Viewcount: 90743
Published on: 05/25/08 Updated On: 02/22/09





1. A Bad Dream by Sonorus [ - ] (2284 words)
In which a caretaker investigates a disturbance at an old manor house and Neville Longbottom has a burning scar.
2. Neville at the Burrow by Sonorus [ - ] (2924 words)
In which Neville visits at the Weasley family home for the first time.
3. The Cup Final by Sonorus [ - ] (3778 words)
In which Neville attends the Quidditch World Cup and encounters a number of new faces.
4. Dumbledore's Announcement by Sonorus [ - ] (2525 words)
In which Neville travels to Hogwarts, and Dumbledore announces that the Triwizard Tournament is to take place.
5. The Paranoid Auror by Sonorus [ - ] (2674 words)
In which we encounter Alastor Moody and view his class on Unforgivable Curses.
6. The Carriage and the Ship by Sonorus [ - ] (3078 words)
In which the Beauxbatons and Durmstrang schools arrive and the Goblet of Fire is unveiled.
7. The Fourth Parchment by Sonorus [ - ] (3728 words)
In which Neville’s name emerges from the Goblet of Fire and he is thrust into the Triwizard Tournament.
8. Professor Moody's Plan by Sonorus [ - ] (3811 words)
In which Moody reveals his scheme to help Neville, and Neville meets Rita Skeeter for the first time.
9. The Dragons by Sonorus [ - ] (4182 words)
In which Neville prepares for and competes in the First Task of the Triwizard Tournament.
10. Other People's Feelings by Sonorus [ - ] (3774 words)
In which Neville has to find a date for the Yule Ball, and discovers just how ignorant he is of the people around him.
11. Neville's Ball by Sonorus [ - ] (4088 words)
In which Neville attends the Yule Ball, where he unexpectedly finds himself an observer to a flood of jealousy and resentment.
12. Dobby's Return by Sonorus [ - ] (2857 words)
In which work begins on preparing for the Second Task, and Neville meets up again with an old friend.
13. Gillyweed by Sonorus [ - ] (3776 words)
In which the Second Task of the Triwizard Tournament takes place.
14. Skeeter's Story by Sonorus [ - ] (2574 words)
In which Neville tries to come to terms with his new situation, and Rita Skeeter is up to her old tricks again.
15. Dreams and Memories by Sonorus [ - ] (3470 words)
In which Neville dreams of Voldemort and visits Dumbledore’s office, where he accidentally stumbles upon a thirteen-year-old memory.
16. The Maze by Sonorus [ - ] (2740 words)
In which Neville takes part in the Third and final Task of the Triwizard Tournament.
17. The Best Laid Plans by Sonorus [ - ] (2250 words)
In which certain parties are forced to improvise to bring about a terrible conclusion.
18. A Last Stand by Sonorus [ - ] (2602 words)
In which Voldemort meets with his Death Eaters and forces Neville to duel with him.
19. The Faithful Servant by Sonorus [ - ] (2572 words)
In which Neville returns to Hogwarts and Voldemort’s agent in the Triwizard Tournament is revealed.
20. Dumbledore's Eulogy by Sonorus [ - ] (3672 words)
In which Fudge denies Voldemort’s return, and Dumbledore talks about Cedric at the Leaving Feast.