Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Me Against A Marauder by ColorsOfTheWind

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
And they say
She's so lucky
She's a star
But she cry, cry, cries in her lonely heart, thinking
If there's nothing missing in my life
Why do these dreams come at night?
Britney Spears, Lucky

Chapter Three: Heads over Heels... litterally

It was time for patroling and James pumped. Lily, on the other hand, was half asleep. Her eyes were red and puffy and it was obvious to James she had been thinking about Nidale and Rochelle. It was pitch dark in the corridor as Lily and James paced back and forth. Lily, not able to see well out of her puffy eyes, did not take a long while to trip and fall onto the ground face forward.

"Lily! Lily, you o.k.?" James asked, fear growing on his face. He grabbed Lily's arm. He immediately noticed she was covering one half of her face with her palm and rested his hand on her's and attempted to pull it off. "Lily, do you need to go to the Hospital Wing?"

Lily shook her head, trying to pull away from James's grip. But, he won and her hand was pulled from her face. A large bruise was forming where she had fallen.

"I'm taking you down to the Hospital Wing." James said simply. Lily shook her head again.

"I'll be fine, I don't need to go to the Hospital Wing." she said, biting her lip.

"I don't care, I'm taking you down to the Hospital Wing." James said sharply. Lily glared at him.

"I told you already, James, I don't need to go anywhere." Lily said rebelliously. She continued to pace up and down the corridor, limping slightly.

"Your ankle, too?" James said sympathetically, noticing this, "That's it, Lily, I am taking you down to the Hospital Wing."

He grasped her arm and pretty much dragged her down the stairs.

"I'm telling you, James, I don't need to go to the Hospital Wing!" Lily moaned.

"And I'm telling you, Lily, I don't care. You're hurt and I'm bringing you down to the Hospital Wing." James said, shrugging.

"But we need to be on patrol!" Lily pointed out.

"Patroling can wait!" James said angrily. He brought her into the Hospital Wing, a place he had been so many times before. Madame Pomfrey sat in a chair, deep into a romance novel when she noticed James and a disgruntled Lily enter.

"Ms. Evans! What happened here?" she asked, studying the bruise on her face. She then turned to James suspiciously, "Mr. Potter, do you have anything to do with this?"

James looked at her with sincere shock.

"Do you really accuse me of harming Lily Evans?" he asked quietly. Madame Pomfrey sighed and brought Lily over to a bed. She cleaned her up in about ten seconds and Lily returned to James, looking much better than she just did. She even flashed him a small smile before thanking Madame Pomfrey and heading out the door.

"You feeling better?" James asked aprehensively. Lily nodded. They patroled in silence for a while until Lily spoke up.

"James?"

"Yeah?" James said, looking up into her bright green eyes.

"Thanks... again." Lily said sincerely. James smiled at her, hardly believing his luck

"There goes my stomach, again!" Lily said without realizing she had said it aloud. James raised his eyebrows and Lily blushed to her roots.

"Did I just say that out loud?" she asked nervously. James nodded. She bit her lip and turned a deeper shade of red.

"Jeez, Lily, you'd think it's two hundred degrees out!" James said, refering to her current state.

"Shut up, James." Lily grumbled. She smiled at him, still embarrassed about saying her thoughts aloud. She glanced down at her watch and realized their patroling time was over.

"Well, we should be heading back." James said, also noticing the time. Lily nodded and the two of them walked back to Gryffindor Tower, which was about a ten minute walk from the first floor, where they were. That's when James's eyes darted down to Lily's ankle. He was shocked to see she was still limping.

"Lily, didn't Madame Pomfrey fix your ankle?" He said, eyebrows raised. Lily looked down at her feet.

"She didn't exactly know.." she murmered. James sighed.

"What is with you? This is isn't like you, Lily Evans, to make yourself go through this kind of pain!" James asked, looking straight at her.

"Just drop it." Lily said sharply. But still, James continued to badger her about it.

"Okay! Fine! I give up!" Lily cried. She pointed her wand at her ankle and whispered, "Lortisfixius."

"Thank you." James said shortly. They returned to the common room to see Sirius down there.

"Back from your night time stroll?" He asked slyly. Lily rolled her eyes.

"What're you doing up so late, Padfoot?" James asked, walking over to his best friend.

"Waiting for you." he said sarcastically. Lily smiled and joined the two boys.

"Seriously?" James asked. Sirius sighed.

"Just been thinking." he said simply. Lily, again, rolled her eyes.

"Sure." she said with a hint of sarcasm. Sirius looked at her with mock fury.

"Good looking guys can think!" he protested. Lily laughed. James, on the other hand, wasn't very happy about all this. It looked like to him that Lily and Sirius were flirting. He ruffled his ravenous hair, something he hadn't done for a good two days. Lily didn't too happy about this, but she decided not to comment.

"So, did you catch anyone while patroling?" Sirius asked lightly. Lily shook her head. In the two and a half hours that followed, Sirius, Lily, and James sat in the common room, just talking about random things.

"Sheesh, it's two 'o clock in the morning!" Lily said, looking down at her watch. James smiled astutly.

"Who would have thought Lily Evans could actually have a decent conversation with two Marauders for two and a half hours?" he asked, smiling.

"The world as we know it is coming to an end." Sirius said in mock sadness.

"Ha, ha." Lily said sacrastically. She yawned and walked over to the steps leading to the Girl's dormitory. She then paused and turned to look at the two Marauders.

"G'night, Sirius.. James." she said slowly, looking at each of them in turn. As soon as he was sure she was in her dormitory, Sirius turned to James and said in a fake high pitched, girlish voice,

"G'night, James! I looooove you James! Kiss me, James!" He then started making ridiculous kissy faces at his best friend, who had gone very red in the face.

"Shut up, Padfoot!" James said, kicking Sirius in the shins. Sirius just smirked at him. The two of them walked up to their dormitory, pushing each other playfully and telling each other to shut up.

Lily had tried to enter her dormitory quietly, as to not wake up her friends. Yeah, well, that didn't work. She tripped on someone's back pack and made quite a lot of noise, since she had knocked over half the stuff on the closest night stand by accident. Rochelle sleepily raised her blonde head.

"Lils? What's going on? What time is it?" she slured. Lily bit her lip.

"Um, about two o clock." she said quietly.

"GO BACK TO SLEEP!" Nidale yelled from the other side of the room. Rochelle paid her no heed.

"What are you doing out of bed at two o clock in the morning, not even in your pajamas yet?" Rochelle asked groggily.

"Nothing, I was just talking to James and Sirius." Lily said quietly. Rochelle was suddenly wide awake.

"Well, well, well, Mrs. Potter just turned into Ms. Player." she said, hiding her giggles. Lily glared and threw a teddy bear that had been laying on the ground at Rochelle. She got up, changed into her pajamas and got into bed.

Lily knew she didn't get enough sleep that night.

"WAKE UP!" came Alice's shrill voice. Alice Hodge was a girl in their year. She was engaged to Frank Longbottom, who graduated two years ago. Lily raised her red head from her pillow and groaned.

"Four and a half freakin' hours of sleep..." Lily mumbled. It was now 7 'o clock and she had fallen asleep at about 2:30.

"That's what you get for staying up all night with your boyfriends." Rochelle said, smirking. Lily glared at her.

"Shut up, Roch!" she said grumpily. She swore under breath and changed into her Hogwarts robes. She, Rochelle, and Nidale (who had no idea what happened last night) walked down into the common room, talking about the upcoming Halloween feast.

"It sucks so much I can't be there. I'll be over in Morocco by then.." Nidale moaned. Lily nodded numbly. Her eyes had wandered over to a certain boy with messy black hair and hazel eyes. James caught Lily's eye and smiled at her. Lily smiled back, only to be noticed by Rochelle.

"AHA!" she yelled, sounding very much like James that day during potions, "Aha! Aha! Aha! You and James were SMILING at each other! I was right!"

"Rochelle, shut the hell up." Lily said stiffly. Rochelle smirked at Lily evilly.

"I was right! You have the hots for James Potter!" she said this last sentence very loud, attracting much of the common room's attention. Lily looked down at her feet as James and Sirius stared over her and her friends with a questioning look.

"You have the biggest mouth Hogwarts school has ever seen, Rochelle Arielle Williams." Nidale said, smirking. Rochelle simply shrugged.

"That's what I'm famous for." she said brightly. Lily turned a deep shade of red as James started to walk over in her direction.

"Lily's turning red!" Nidale and Rochelle sang in a whisper. Lily elbowed both of them.

"Hey, Lily, McGonagal said she wants to talk to us before our first class. You want to get going?" he asked hopefully. Lily nodded as Rochelle erupted into a fit of giggles.

"I will get you." Lily mouthed to Rochelle and walked out of the portrait hole with James.

"So, what was with that thing Rochelle said in the common room?" James asked cautiously. Lily smiled.

"Rochelle was just going on about how she thinks I like you." she said, going a light shade of pink. James smirked.

"Do you?" he asked, with out really thinking. Lily shrugged shyly.

"Yeah, I like you as a friend." she said after a few moments of thinking. James smiled.

"It's a start." he mumbled.

"What was that?" Lily asked curiously.

"Oh, uh, we're here." James said, thankful they had just reached McGonagal's classroom. Lily nodded and the two of them walked in. McGonagal looked up from a stack of papers she had been grading.

"Ms. Evans, Mr. Potter." she said, acknowledging the two of them, "Professor Dumbledore has asked me to tell you both that the Head's Room is finally ready and that your stuff has just moved there. If you feel a need to move out, you can, but I'm sure once you discover the perks of it, you'll decide to stay there. The password is 'fruit loom' and it's located on the seventh floor, a few portraits down from the fat lady. It is a portrait of a balding butler named Sam."

Lily and James nodded and Professor McGonagal dismissed them. They decided their friends would be eating by now and headed down to the Great Hall.

"I wonder what McGonagal meant by the 'perks'." Lily wondered aloud.

"When Frank Longbottom was Head Boy, he said there was a jacuzzi and a broom polisher in his bathroom." James said thoughtfully. Lily laughed. The two of them joined their friends.

"Welcome back, Mrs. Potter!" Rochelle and Nidale chorused in their sing-song voices. Lily turned red and threw a piece of toast at each of them while James grinned.

"That's getting old, guys." Lily said, helping herself to some scrambled eggs.

"No it's not!" James, Rochelle, and Nidale said together. Lily felt a small smile creep onto her face, but she dismissed it instantly. Sirius and Remus were smirking, James was still grinning like mad, Rochelle and Nidale had smug looks on their faces, and all of this was driving Lily nuts!

"You're all against me, aren't you?" Lily joked.

"That's the plan." Sirius said, only to be hit with a piece of toast from Lily. Lily and Rochelle began to chat about random stuff, Nidale move down a couple seats so she could talk to Brad and James and Sirius were thinking of their annual Halloween prank. Remus was talking (possibly flirting) with one of Lily's other friends, Ashlee Pushut (Also known as Ash). Ashlee had black hair and green eyes. She looked nothing like her twin, Jacqueline, or Jackie, who was platinum blonde, but still had the same green eyes. Ashlee had dyed her hair a couple of years ago, making it much easier to tell the two of them apart. Peter was trying to join in James and Sirius's conversation and wasn't suceeding.

Their first class, transfiguration, was the oddest class they had ever experianced.

"This assignment I'm going to be giving to you may sound odd to you at first. This morning, I transfigured every one of your magical items to normal muggle items." McGonagal started. There was an angry outburst from the students and it took aout three minutes for McGonagal to calm them, "You are going to have to live like this for one week. After a week, you will bring all of the items I transfigured and you ave to transfigure them back to their normal selves."

"We have to live like bloody muggles?!" Sirius asked loudly. McGonagal nodded. Devasted looks were appearing all over the room.

"What about our wands? Can we use them?" Ash asked.

"As long as you don't use it to transfigure any of your muggle items." McGonagal said simply. Ash and Jackie started to talk in urgent whispers.

"What if it's electronic? We won't be able to use them." Lily pointed out.

"I put spells on the electric items so that they can be used." McGonagal said smartly.

That day seemed to drag on. Everyone was eager to know what their new muggle items would look like. And on top of that, Lily and James were excited to see the Head's Room. Lily's last class, Divination, had to be the longest class she had ever sat through. She had been paired up with Jackie Pushut. Lily looked into her crystal ball, too distracted to actually see anything.

"Can't concentrate?" Jackie asked. Lily sighed and nodded.

"No one can. Ash has been fidgeting all day, I'm so glad she's not in this class." Jackie said. Lily giggled. "Here, I'll give it a try."

Jackie pulled the crystal ball towards her and stared into it.

"I see you... you're on a stage, singing a song and thousands of people are cheering for you." Jackie said, a misty look on her face.

"Really?" Lily said uncertainly. She had never fancied herself as a singer.

"No, but Professor Armani just walked by and she would just end up rambling about the inner eye if she noticed we can't see anything." Jackie said simply. Lily smiled and wondered why she hadn't hung out with Jackie before now. She seemed to be really nice and fun to be around.

The class ended after what seemed like three hours and Lily rushed to the 7th floor to find the portrait of the balding butler. She was walking so fast, she bumped right into James, who was also looking for the balding butler. James found it quickly, being one of the masters of knowing where everything was at Hogwarts and they quickly said the password, fruit loom, and entered the Head's room for the first time.

The room was gold and green. Velvet couches and arm chairs, much like the ones in the Gryffindor common room were scattered around the room. There were three doors, one with a gold plaque with the name James etched into it and one that said Lily. The third one, they assumed, was a bathroom. They glanced at each other silently and entered their rooms.

Lily was surprised to see her room buzzing with technology. A mini tape player was on her bed where she had left her magical ear, something then maximized the volume of anything. Instead of her Quick Quotes Quill, a laptop computer lay neatly on her bedside table. But what she found to be the most different was the poster on her wall. It used to be of a famous Quiddich star she fancied. Now, it was a big poster of Madonna.

James was shocked at what he found. His invisibility cloak had been turned into a trench coat, the Marauder's Map was an atlas, and his broomstick was just a normal broom! His sacred Wimbourne Wasps poster, signed by four of the players, had been turned into a stationary poster of the Boston Red Sox, much to his surprise. He wasn't very happy being cut off from all of his magical items, having grown up with magic. He walked out of his room to find Lily about to leave the Head's Room.

"I'm going to go see how Rochelle and Nidale's stuff turned out." she called. He ran up to her.

"I'll come with you. I'll probably go catch up with Sirius and the others." James said casually. The two of them walked down about fifteen feet to the Fat Lady's portrait and went up to the separate dormitories.

"Why, hello, Ms. Head Girl, back from your bonding time with Jamesie?" Rochelle said slyly. Lily rolled her eyes.

"Yes, I've just confessed my undieing love for him." Lily said sarcastically. Rochelle smiled and led Lily into the dorm.

"Nidale, who the hell is that?" Ash was saying, gesturing to a muggle poster of a young Johnny Depp by Nidale's bed. Nidale shrugged.

"I dunno, but he's hot." Nidale said simply. Jackie and Ash giggled. Nidale frowned.

"Can you believe this? My last week at Hogwarts and I have to live it like a muggle!" she complained. It suddenly hit Lily. This was Nidale's last week! She vowed she would soend as much time with her as humanly possible before she left for Morocco. Nidale turned to see Lily.

"Oh, hey, Lils, didn't see you there! Back from your snog session with Potter?" Nidale asked, grinning. Lily threw a pillow at her friend.

"Do you people ever shut up about James and I?" Lily said exasperatedly. Ash raised her eyebrows.

"So now you guys are on first names terms?" she asked slyly. Lily turned red and the entire girl's dormitory burst into laughter. This just made Lily turn even more red in the face.

"Shouldn't you be patroling with your one true love?" Rochelle said through fits of giggles. Lily rolled her eyes and glanced down at her watch.

"Sheesh, you're actually right! I'll go get him." Lily said, turning around to walk out of the dormitroy.

"Say hello to Jamesie for us!" Jackie called. Lily sighed and walked out of the girl's dorm. She ran up the oppisite stairs to the boy's dormitory. Sirius looked through the "peek-a-boo" he had put there three years ago. It was a hole that the people inside could see through, but the people on the other side of the door couldn't.

"Oh, Jamesie-boy, your little flower is at the door to confess her burning desire for you!" Sirius called over to James.

"I HEARD THAT, SIRIUS BLACK!" Lily yelled from the other side of the door. James glared at a chuckling Sirius and opened the door.

"Hey, Lily." he said brightly. Lily smiled at him.

"It's time for our patrols, we have them early on fridays, remember?" Lily said, glancing around the dormitory. Remus and Peter were arguing about something and Sirius was flipping through the Big Book 'o Pranks. James grinned.

"I'll see you guys later." he called back to his friends.

"Make sure you're back by your curfew, young man!" Sirius said, sounding very much like Mrs. Potter. James rolled his eyes and he and Lily walked out of the dormitory to start their patrols.

PLEASE REVIEW! SURPRISING CHAPPIE NEXT!