Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Hermione Wild by Hutchinson

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Story Notes:

I'm back.
"This is your last year here, Hermione," Ginny said with exasperation. "One day you'll look back and wonder about all the fun you didn't have, all the crazy things you didn't do..."

Hermione threw herself back onto her four-poster bed with a sigh. She hadn't even graduated Hogwarts yet, and she already worried about the many things she still might not accomplish. But her worries were mostly academic. It hadn't occurred to her that she wasn't having enough fun.

Ginny sat down next to her, jabbing her lightly. "Listen, I know you're not tired yet, so you might as well. It'll be so much fun. You're not going to make me go alone are you? At this time of night?"

Hermione folded her arms. "If I go, if, then we musn't get caught... Oh, and I don't have anything packed to swim in..."

Ginny squealed with delight. She knew she'd talk Hermione into it; it was only a matter of time. Hermione got up and walked over to the foot of her bed with an exasperated sigh. As it was still the first week of the school year, she hadn't yet unpacked all of her things.

"Oh, surely I have a pair of shorts in here, or maybe a long shirt," Hermione muttered to herself as she opened up her worn leather suitcase and peered through her neatly folded clothing.

"Oh, come off it," Ginny laughed. "It'll just be you and I, and it's pitch black outside. What's your bra and panties but a lacy swimsuit, anyway?" she said casually. Hermione laughed.

"Alright, let's go!"

The two girls each shoved their wands into their jean pockets and ran out of the dormitory, leaving the rest of the Gryffindor girls to talk the night away amongst themselves.

It was an arduous task navigating down the many, moving flights of stairs without running into anyone. As they finally reached the dimly lit main hall, Ginny gave Hermione a reassuring smile. Lit torches and magnificent tapestries lined the walls. The room seemed so much bigger with just them in it.

Before they could help themselves, the two girls were running through the grass in a mad dash towards the lake, wind whipping through their hair. Even Hermione couldn't help but burst into wild laughter.

Fortunately, the moon was shining and whole like a giant Galleon. They reached the edge of the lake, and immediately began pulling off their shoes and socks, then pants, and then laughing maniacally as Ginny got her head stuck while trying to pull her blouse off, and Hermione had to help her out of it.

Meanwhile...

Draco heaved a sigh as he stared at the top of his canopy bed. All the other Slytherin guys were still excited about the start of the new school year, making the dormitory a very loud and boisterous place. Blaise was sitting at a dark, polished desk, playing wizard's chess and loudly complaining or bragging about every move. Crabbe was telling Goyle about some kid he'd sent to St. Mungo's with a hex over the summer. Draco, resting his head back on his folded arms, suddenly sat up and jumped off his bed.

"I don't know where the party is, fellows," Draco announced dramatically, "but it certainly isn't here." With that, he walked down the stairs, out the common room, and began wandering the empty halls of Hogwarts castle.

The handsome Slytherin passed by empty classrooms and sleeping portraits, looking around for anything that might distract him from boredom. He found himself unusually anxious. It was only the start of the year, nothing interesting was brewing yet. He'd have to make his own fun.

With sudden determination and his trademark smirk, he dashed through the fire-lit halls, careful to avoid the few teachers and prefects out.

I'll walk out to the Quidditch stadium, get a spare broom and fly around. Nothing clears my head like flying.

A short while later, he slipped out the main doors into the moonlit grounds. He shoved his hands into his pants pockets and began striding through the grass, grinning to himself. He was a seventh year. Another year older, another year wiser. He ruled the school. He felt like he could fly right there, even without a broom. Suddenly, his thoughts were interrupted by an odd sound that made him stop in his tracks.

There it was again. A scream, most definitely. Another one! No, this was more like a squeal. Draco began running toward the sound, fueled by curiousity.

Either someone's being mauled by the Giant Squid, or they're up to something naughty...

As he got closer to the Great Lake, he saw a silhouette by the water. Out of instinct, he ducked behind a tree and listened a moment.

"What are you doing!?" said a female voice

"Shh, keep your voice down!" came another.

Draco couldn't resist anymore. He brushed his light blonde hair out of his face and cocked his head from behind the tree. There in the moonlight stood a young woman, a silhouette. Draco was rapt in awe. She had a slim figure and was wearing only a bra and panties. The moon fell on one of her hips and down her right leg. She had a thin waist and long arms, which she stretched out to her sides. Then in one graceful movement, she dove forward, arms together, into the water. Draco unknowingly dug his fingernails into the bark of the tree he was leaning against.

The other voice, coming from a tiny head bobbing in the water, squealed again.

"You splashed me! Blimey, it's cold!"

"Didn't I tell you I'd taken diving lessons a few years ago?"

Draco's heart raced as he unknowingly stepped farther out from behind the tree, completely entranced. He watched again as the mysterious girl walked slowly out of the water again, reaching up to wrap her wet hair in a bun. Unfortunately, because the moon was on the other side, he couldn't see much detail about her. Just her silhouette and the few fleeting places the moonlight touched on her. He felt like running out to meet her, but restrained himself.

"Wait, Hermione," said the floating head. "If you're going to dive again, at least let me swim out of your way!"

Hermione?!

Draco heard himself scoff, and ducked behind the tree again. The mystery girl was Hermione Granger. The girl he was staring at not one moment ago was a lowly Mudblood. The same witch who had punched him in the face a few years ago.

"Get out of the water," Hermione hissed to Ginny as she started gathering up her clothes. "Someone's here!"

Draco took advantage of the fact that she was scrambling to pick up her clothes and started sprinting toward the castle again. He could hear the two girls cursing faintly in the background and stifled a laugh. He would enjoy using this against her.