Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Für Das Größere Wohl by Tim the Enchanter

Printer
Summary: Dieter Heydrich is a model German boy. He has perfect Aryan complexion, is an exemplary member of the Hitler Youth, and is fanatically loyal to his beloved Führer.

But on his eleventh birthday, Dieter discovers a hidden magical world led by an extraordinary wizard named Gellert Grindelwald…


Nominated for QSQ 2009, Best History/Mystery.
WINNER of QSQ 2009, Best Male Original Character.


Note: As you might have guessed, Für Das Größere Wohl is German, meaning: “For the Greater Good.” Yes, this story is from the perspective of the bad guys.
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ] Past Featured Story
Category: Historical
Characters: None
Warnings: Mild Profanity, Violence
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 15 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 85950 Viewcount: 96199
Published on: 08/18/08 Updated On: 01/05/11



Story Notes:

Guten Tag!

First of all, I'd like to thank OliveOil_Med (otherwise known as Molly) for her beta work, and Dr Schuering for answering all my questions about this time period.

Now, I have some pictures! Enjoy!

Mitternachtsmannschaft

Dieter Heydrich

Dieter as Josef Stalin - joke picture for Halloween

Sky Captain Otto von Von

My Crude Attempt at a Banner (Photoshop CS3)

A Much, Much Better Banner by Minnabird, from the Mugglenet Fanfiction Forums

Die Seeschlange (First Concept)

Die Seeschlange, gift art from Rednight, MNFF

Enjoy, and thanks for reading!

~ Tim the Enchanter




1. Chapter I: Auf Wiedersehen, Herr Schwalbe by Tim the Enchanter [ - ] (1329 words)

My curiosity has officially gotten the better of me, and this is the result: a story about a Muggle-born wizard fighting for the wrong side. I must warn you that this story’s “protagonist” is excessively anti-Semitic, homophobic, and prejudiced against pretty much anyone who isn’t a so-called “Aryan.”

Massive Disclaimer: I do not sympathise at all with Nazism in any way, shape, or form “ I wrote this story to contemplate the relationship between Hitler’s Germany and Grindelwald’s. The views expressed by many characters (and even the narrator) in this story belong to those characters and are not my own. Additionally, I do not own J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter, so Grindelwald’s Wizarding Reich in this story is just my interpretation.

Tim the Enchanter

PS: My knowledge of the German language is poor at best, so I apologise in advance for any errors that might appear. If you happen to spot any mistakes, please let me know.

Another PS: Thank you Luinrina (Bine) of the forums for the German help. It was very useful.


2. Chapter II: Düstere Nacht by Tim the Enchanter [ - ] (2743 words)

I don't own Harry Potter. I also don't like Nazis, but this story is choked full of them.

Tim the Enchanter


3. Chapter III: Schnee-Krieg by Tim the Enchanter [ - ] (3231 words)

Once again, I do not own Harry Potter. There is no obvious magic present in this chapter, but rest assured that it will turn up in later instalments.

And yes, this chapter has lots of little Nazis in it too.

Tim the Enchanter


4. Chapter IV: Die Eule by Tim the Enchanter [ - ] (5172 words)

Hurrah! At long last, here’s another chapter featuring the little Nazi boy everyone loves to hate!

Tim the Enchanter


5. Chapter V: Der Zauberer by Tim the Enchanter [ - ] (4875 words)

Taa Daa! Here's a new chapter!

Tim the Enchanter


6. Chapter VI: Gellert Grindelwald Platz by Tim the Enchanter [ - ] (6650 words)

Here's the exciting part!

Tim the Enchanter


7. Chapter VII: Beobachter by Tim the Enchanter [ - ] (5713 words)

Taa daa!

I've finally finished Chapter Seven, only about three months late, hurrah! Anyway, this chapter was a complete pain in the behind to write - the chapter sort of had a mind of its own, and didn't want to turn out the way I originally intended. I probably wrote and rewrote this thing four times...

Thank you so very, very much for your patience, and I apologise for keeping you waiting so long for an update. Now that the obligatory filler chapter between going to Gellert Grindelwald Platz and leaving for Durmstrang is finally finished, I can get my momentum going again! Next chapter is when Dieter goes to Durmstrang Institute, and I promise the wait will be much shorter than what you had to endure for this instalment!

Anyway, enjoy!

Tim the Enchanter


8. Chapter VIII: Die Seeschlange by Tim the Enchanter [ - ] (7454 words)

CANON CHARACTER ALERT!

Yes! In this chapter, you will meet your very first character from Harry Potter canon! Who will it be? OH, THE SUSPENSE!

Anyway, thanks to my betas Molly (OliveOil_Med) and Grimlysirius. Sorry about the delay in updating, but I hope you enjoy this chapter regardless.

~ Tim the Enchanter



9. Chapter IX: Treppen by Tim the Enchanter [ - ] (7092 words)

The identity of the canon character introduced last chapter is revealed, and a second canon character appears! Hurrah! Plus, I have some more illustrations for you, and both are of the Durmstrang ship, Die Seeschlange.

Die Seeschlange (First Concept)

Die Seeschlange, gift art from Rednight, MNFF

Enjoy!

~ Tim the Enchanter


10. Chapter X: Untermenschen by Tim the Enchanter [ - ] (8313 words)
Another chapter! Thanks to Era/WeirdoGoddess and Molly/OliveOil_Med for beta’ing and the advice.
11. Chapter XI: Angriff ist Verteidigung by Tim the Enchanter [ - ] (7171 words)
Thanks to Era and Molly for beta’ing, and for the 2009 QSQ nomination!
12. Chapter XII: Meldungen by Tim the Enchanter [ - ] (7075 words)

13. Chapter XIII: Treiber und Klatscher by Tim the Enchanter [ - ] (6995 words)
I epically fail at updating in a timely manner.



14. Chapter XIV: Duelle by Tim the Enchanter [ - ] (7967 words)

Sorry about the wait. Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy the chapter!

~ Tim the Enchanter



15. Chapter XV: Schmerz by Tim the Enchanter [ - ] (4170 words)

Thank you for waiting so patiently for this chapter. I'm sorry it took so long. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this dramatic instalment!

No, I am not J.K. Rowling. Speaking of which, I have no idea how she would react if she were to read this story. Would she be freaked out?

Thanks to Molly (OliveOil_Med) and AidaLuthien for beta'ing this chapter. Also, more thanks to Molly for conceiving the character of Sille, though my interpretation of her has deviated a bit from the original.

Enjoy!

~ Tim the Enchanter