Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Too Good To Be Fake by way 2 HP obsesed

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Story Notes:

This is our first story so be nice!
Chapter Notes: Disclaimer- I do not own Harry Potter, or any of its wonderfulness. My idol J.K., does!
* * *

It was two days after the Battle of Hogwarts. Harry lay awake on his old four-poster bed, in his old dormitory. Ron lay on the bed next to him with, to his great displeasure, Percy. George and Charlie were both lying on cots that had been brought into the dormitory. Neville, Dean, and Seamus were all in their own beds.

Harry wondered if they too, were lying awake wondering what was going to happen. Voldemort had been defeated only forty-eight hours ago and all the known Death Eaters had been captured and put in Azkaban, which was now under the control of Aurors and some trust-worthy giants. The dementors had been imprisoned in a new prison that kept them from feeding on happiness. The walls were partially made out of an ongoing patronus charm, one of the ministry's more brilliant ideas.

Harry got out of bed even though it was quite early. Not wanting to wake the others Harry picked his way slowly through the jumble of brooms, clothes, and food that lay on the floor. The house elves had not come in to clean since the battle, and no one had dared call one in while Ron and Hermione were nearby.

When Harry got to the door he looked back at the sleeping Gryffindors and Weasley's. His eyes lingering on George who Harry knew was in terrible pain. Fred's death was painful for the entire family, but Harry knew that to no one was it worse felt then George.

Harry walked down the steps and saw, to his great surprise, Hermione and Ginny sitting by the fire whispering.

"Er…I don't mean to intrude," said Harry stopping abruptly at the bottom of the stairs. Hermione and Ginny both looked his way, Ginny mumbled something and turned away but Hermione gestured for him to join them.

"We were just talking with Ginny's mum and dad, before they left, they said that we should all go back to the burrow and sort some things out," Hermione informed Harry as he sat down.

Harry nodded numbly and looked at his knees, he knew that "sorting things out" would involve Fred's funeral, and he wasn't sure he was ready for that yet.

"When are we leaving?" Harry asked still not looking at Hermione.

"We are going to take a portkey home right after everyone gets up. We're going to leave from McGonagall's office," said Ginny, looking at Harry with her dark brown eyes, that were, at this moment, swimming with tears.

"I'm really sorry Ginny," said Harry quietly, now staring at the fire. He stood up and walked toward the stairs to the boy's dormitory.

"Wait, Harry I am not blaming you, this is in no way your fault," Ginny said, standing up.

Harry turned toward her, "If I had given myself up sooner none of this would have happened."

"Oh shut up, I can't stand you always blaming yourself for things you don't do." Ginny said, riled up at once, "You killed Voldemort! Can't you just be proud of yourself with everyone else for once?"

Harry stared at her dumbfounded; he couldn't believe she had shouted at him like that. It was the first time in two days that she had talked to him, and he had not expected this sort of reaction. He was surprised Hermione was still sitting there, not bothering to say anything.

"Harry, I am really sorry that you don't see how great you are," Ginny said through gritted teeth, "but I really don't want to fight and I think I might just scream if you don't get a grip and leave the blame for the ones who deserve it."

Ginny walked past Harry, glaring at him, and straight up the girl's staircase. Harry looked incredulously at Hermione, who just shrugged and sighed.

"I think that she is right, you know." Hermione said finally, "You do tend to blame yourself for things that aren't your fault."

"What! Not you too!" Harry said, exasperated. Having more people praise him for saving the wizarding world was the last thing he needed.

"Well, yes, me too," Hermione said calmly getting up from an armchair, "Just stop saying sorry and comfort Ginny, you know how she's feeling." Hermione gave Harry a meaningful look as she walked pass him toward the girl's stair case.

"I think you should go wake the others it is about time to go," she called over her shoulder.

Harry walked slowly back up the stairs and back into his old dormitory. He really needed to read that book Ron had given him for his birthday last year. Girls were so hard to understand sometimes.

George, Dean, and Percy were waking up. Harry noticed that George's eyes were blood shot, but looked quickly away before George saw him starring.

"Hermione and Ginny said we are leaving to the burrow," Harry said to George and Percy.

"Good, I haven't been home for a while," Percy said. And Harry couldn't help but smile to himself; Percy had walked out on the rest of his family almost three years ago and as far as Harry knew, hadn't been there since.

Harry walked over to Ron's bed and nudged him slightly. "Ron, time to get up, we're leaving"

Percy, George, and Charlie gathered their things and headed down the stairs. Harry picked up his wand and rucksack off the floor and said goodbye to Dean, Seamus, and Neville while Ron got dressed.

"Come visit any time Harry," said Neville a sad look face. "Gran will want to thank you for all you have done…with…you know…"

"Yeah, come by anytime," said Dean, while Seamus nodded fervently at his side. "I don't know when I'll see you again otherwise. Who knows what is going to happen to the school."

"I really hope it does reopen, I didn't get much learning done this year, and it will be so much better coming back with Snape and the Carrows gone," Neville added solemnly. Harry said nothing but nodded again.

Harry and Ron went down the stairs and into the common room to find Hermione, Ginny, Bill, Fleur, George, Percy, and Charlie all waiting for them. Without speaking they climbed one after another through the portrait hole and started walking towards Professor McGonagall's office. Ginny was staying as far away from Harry as she could, and Harry felt terrible.

When they reached the correct door, Charlie knocked, and McGonagall opened it from within and beckoned them inside.

"I have been talking to Kingsly Shaklebolt, the temporary Minister of Magic," McGonagall said once they were all seated or else standing around her desk, "and we both agree that the school ought to be reopened. Do not ask me when…we don't know, but we have to wait until all repairs are done." She gestured to the window where they could see teachers and students alike, working on a section of the great hall.

"I know you all would like to get home and have some rest, but I have one last thing to tell you all." She paused here and looked meaningfully at Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny. "If the school does reopen in time for next year, I would highly recommend you four coming back to study with us."

Ron started to open his mouth to argue, but stopped at the look on Hermione's face. Harry knew that Ron did not want to face the prospect of spending a year at Hogwarts in the same year as Ginny.

"Before you say anything, I would just like to remind you that you really need to complete your N.E.W.T's before even considering working for the ministry," McGonagall said staring straight at Ron.

"This is, as I say, all up in the air for now, as we don't even know if Hogwarts will be ready to accept students by the end of the summer. I would just like you all to consider my words before continuing on with the rest of your lives." She smiled slightly at Harry and then continued addressing Ron.

"You will be notified as soon as possible with the updates on the schools progress. Until then, I would advise you all to take some well-deserved rest!”

She held out a paperback school book and they all crowded around and put a finger on it. In a rush of wind and color Harry and the Weaslys zoomed off back to the burrow.
Chapter Endnotes: I know not much has happened, but don't worry, it will! I have several more chapters already written! Please review!