Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Too Good To Be Fake by way 2 HP obsesed

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or any speck of the Harry Potter world.
* * *

"Actually, I think I am going out for lunch today, but thanks again Kreacher."

"Not at all Master" Kreacher said, bowing as he left the dining room and headed back to the kitchen.

It had been two weeks since Harry had started living at Number Twelve Grimmauld Place and the place was almost unrecognizable from the gloomy headquarters it had been over two years ago. Kreacher was, of course, doing his best to make the place more livable, and Harry was trying to finish Sirius's work of removing everything dark about the house. The first step had been to get rid of all the serpent furniture and Slytherin hangings. They were replaced by nice, new furniture and hangings of red, gold, yellow, black, blue, and silver, for the other Hogwarts houses.

Harry had moved back into the room that he and Ron had shared when they had stayed there in the summer of their fifth year. The other bedrooms were all redecorated and were now just waiting to be filled. If only Kreacher would stop referring to Harry as –Master” all the time, then everything would be perfect.

Harry and Ron had plans to meet up for lunch that day at the Leaky Cauldron and Harry was hoping to ask Ron if he wanted to move into the house with him. It was very lonely with only Kreacher and Harry living there and Harry was used to having Ron nearby whether at the burrow or at Hogwarts. It was true that Ron only lived an apparition away but Harry did want to fill the empty house. Harry also wanted to keep an eye on Ron, who was getting exceedingly more worried and depressed because Hermione had not written to them in days.

The last time they had heard from her had been a little over a week ago when she sent a short letter by brown owl:

Dear Harry and Ron,

I have not found my parents yet but it shouldn't be long now. I have asked around and found out from their neighbors that they had left to go exploring about a month ago. I have gathered from asking more people that they went on a search to find some ancient aboriginal dwellings. I really hope to find them soon, and will send word when I do.

Love from,

Hermione

Harry could tell from the letter that she was very worried and ever since he had shown the letter to Ron he had been acting very strange, talking less and less and becoming more and more edgy.

He had also noticed a distinct change in Ron, George, and Percy's attitudes toward him since his scene with Ginny under the elm tree. George and Percy had been giving him cold looks and Ron had made sure Ginny was always conveniently gone from the Burrow when he invited Harry over, something that annoyed Harry very much. No doubt they were all acting this way because they thought Harry was just messing with Ginny, which was the farthest from the truth. Harry had deep feelings for Ginny that he hoped he could one day prove to her. This was turning out to be harder to do than Harry had originally planned.

He had been trying to corner Ginny and talk to her about their relationship, but he found Ginny avoiding him during the little time they were both at the Burrow together. Harry suspected that she and Ron had had quite a shouting match after Harry had escaped the escalating scene two weeks previous.

Harry hoped that Ron's mood would change if he was living with Harry and then maybe he could explain to Ron about himself and Ginny. In any case Harry thought it would be best if Ron was kept close by to keep from doing something drastic while lost in worry over Hermione.

On the other hand, Harry thought as he stepped into the fireplace in the kitchen, if Ron was living at Grimmauld Place and Harry did manage to convince him that he and Ginny would be a good couple then Ginny would never be able to visit Harry while Ron was there.

But, then again, Harry thought as he walked down Diagon Ally toward Quality Quidditch Supplies to meet Ron, maybe he will understand. Especially if Hermione gets back soon…

But he also had to consider- no! He was defiantly over thinking this! Harry thought finally; Ron was bound to forgive him.

Ron was waiting outside the Quidditch store looking longingly at the bright new pair of Chuddly Cannon keeper gloves displayed there, but glared at Harry when he noticed him standing a few feet away.

"Hey there's no need to look at me like that, I haven't done anything wrong." Harry said defensively.

"Nothing wrong!" said Ron heatedly at once, "I saw you kissing my sister after I distinctively remember you ditching her last summer."

"I—," Harry started but once again Ron was quick to cut in.

"And then you just left her to worry all last year and Fred, George, Charlie, Bill, and mum and dad had to try and comfort her while we were off destroying Horcruxes and now you think it is okay to start snogging her in public?"

"It wasn't in public-," Harry tried again. But Ron wasn't listening instead he pulled back his fist and punched Harry in the stomach.

"Ron! What do you think you’re doing?" came George’s voice as he ran out of his shop a few doors down. "I’ve got customers asking why my brother is beating up the world’s hero in the middle of the street!"

"I am teaching this scum what happens when he messes with our family!"

George now looked at Harry who was lying on the ground at their feet, completely winded. "Oh! Well in that case…want a little added help?" George asked Ron, looking hatefully at Harry.

"No that's okay" Ron said, some of his anger residing as he stared down at Harry who was just starting to get up. "I think I can take it from here."

George went back into his shop and Ron waited for Harry to get up. When he did manage to stand Harry retreated away from Ron a few paces, out of arms reach.

"Ron, you know I didn't want break up with her. Besides, I was going to ask her to go out with me again, but then you and George and Percy interrupted and I thought it better to leave right then." Harry said quickly, before Ron could shout anymore.

Ron was still looking heated, but said in a far calmer voice, "I know Harry it's just hard. She's my only sister and I don’t want to see her being played around with, no matter who it is.”

"I know you don’t. But come on, do you really think that I would just go out with her for…for her looks…or something," Harry finished awkwardly.

"Yeah, I suppose if someone has to go out with her, you would probably be the best…" Ron said, his words trailing off into nothingness.

"Listen mate, I really do care about your sister…why don’t we just…just, get some food or something…" Harry responded rather quietly, also trailing off.

"Yeah, I’m sorry mate, guess I just got a little carried away…didn't mean to attack you like that."

Harry and Ron walked down the street, still a bit awkwardly. It started to drizzle a little so they picked up their pace as they approached the bar. When they entered the Leaky Cauldron Harry saw Percy sitting alone at the back of the room.

Harry looked at Ron indignantly, "You had Percy wait for you? What, thought you might need backup if you decided to yell at me here?"

"Yeah, well…I didn't know it would be that easy." Ron said, smiling slightly, "What if you had tried to fight back? Doesn't matter anyway…the plan was to wait till we got here to speak with you but I just sort of ceased the opportunity back out there."

Harry shook his head at Ron, and then smiled, "Doesn’t matter, as long as we are good now… we are, aren't we?"

"Okay, yeah we are," Ron said assuringly.

Harry and Ron made their way over to Percy, the latter standing up at once and pulling his wand out for good measure.

"No need Perce," Ron said as he sat down at the table. "I've had, uh…words with him." Then, urged by a menacing look from Harry, Ron added, "Turns out Harry had kind of made up with Ginny when they were…you know…back at the Burrow, at least they were until we butted in."

"Oh well, that's a bit better, I suppose. If you don’t need me then, I best be off to see how George is doing," Percy said as he got up to leave. "Just be careful Potter, one wrong move and I'll make sure you pay. Don't you do anything with our sister that we wouldn't want, if you know what I mean?"

As Percy left Harry sighed and looked down at his hands. "It's never going to stop, is it Ron?" Harry asked, looking at Percy's retreating back.

"Oh, don't worry. I'll talk to him and George, make sure they don't do anything to you. But, I would be careful, Percy has only just rejoined this family, and God knows what he would do if something happened to his baby sister. And George, well…with Fred gone, I think he is especially worried about anything happening to the rest of us."

Seeing that Harry was still looking worried, Ron added, "Let's just leave it at that, now what was it that you were going to tell me?"

"Right!" said Harry, his mind snapping back to why he had come into Diagon Ally in the first place. "I was wondering if you, and Hermione when she gets back, wanted to move into Grimmauld Place. You know, it's quite lonely with only Kreacher for company, and I just thought that…"

Harry was cut short by Ron jumping up and shouting at the top of his voice, "ME? LIVE WITH YOU? IN YOUR HUGE HOUSE! WITH A HOUSE ELF AND HERMIONE! ARE YOU JOKING? OF COURSE I WANT TO! I NEED TO GET MY STUFF! WHEN CAN I MOVE IN?"

Harry grinned, and started filling Ron in on moving plans. He was surprised, but happy all the same. Ron and Hermione, his two best friends were going to live in his house. He wasn't going to be lonely anymore, and he would have someone to talk to all the time. If only things with Ginny were this perfect…
Chapter Endnotes: Thanks again for all the reviews and reads! It really makes my day to see that people enjoy my writing. Please tell me what you think and remember to check the bio for updates!