Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Alexandra Quick and the Lands Below by Inverarity

Printer
Summary:

Seventh grader Alexandra Quick returns to Charmbridge Academy. This year she faces bullies from another wizarding school, a secret Dark Arts club, and the machinations of her father, but her greatest trial yet awaits her in the dangerous Lands Below.

This is the second book in the Alexandra Quick series.


Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ] Past Featured Story
Category: General Fics
Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death, Mild Profanity, Violence
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 37 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 235074 Viewcount: 296121
Published on: 11/26/08 Updated On: 06/03/09



Story Notes:

Welcome to the story of Alexandra's second year at Charmbridge Academy! Alexandra Quick and the Lands Below is a sequel to Alexandra Quick and the Thorn Circle. While I hope that this story stands up on its own, it does refer to characters and events (and, of course, spoilers) that were introduced in the first book, so I encourage you to read AQATTC first.

Thank you to my betas, SwissMiss and Hermoine Jean Granger.

For complete information about this series and its characters, see the Quickipedia.

Chapter illustrations, banners, and cover images!



1. The Mall by Inverarity [ - ] (4978 words)
It's hard to be an underaged witch who's not allowed to use magic at home, and that's not the only reason Alexandra's summer has been miserable.
2. The Special Inquisitor by Inverarity [ - ] (2716 words)
Alexandra is interrogated by an unexpected visitor to Larkin Mills.
3. Stormcrows by Inverarity [ - ] (6496 words)
Familiar faces and a few new ones, as Alexandra and her friends go shopping at the Goblin Market.
4. Cultures by Inverarity [ - ] (6927 words)
Cultural conflicts mean trouble, and Alexandra's best friend drags her into a fight.
5. New Wands by Inverarity [ - ] (4866 words)
Dean Grimm has an innovative way to punish Alexandra and Anna.
6. The Mors Mortis Society by Inverarity [ - ] (5497 words)
Alexandra ponders her mysterious "invitation." You didn't really think she was going to stay out of trouble, did you?
7. Threats by Inverarity [ - ] (6709 words)
Alexandra receives a warning, and finds herself making threats of her own.
8. Snakes in the Grass by Inverarity [ - ] (6346 words)
Curiosity and stubbornness drew Alexandra into the Mors Mortis Society, but others have more than an idle curiosity in the Dark Arts.
9. Halloween by Inverarity [ - ] (5827 words)

It's a macabre and dangerous Halloween for Alexandra, and the Mors Mortis Society's final initiation ritual may not be the worst thing she faces.


10. Dark Arts by Inverarity [ - ] (8850 words)
While some escape punishment, Alexandra must face the consequences of her actions, and makes a fateful choice.
11. Familiars by Inverarity [ - ] (7814 words)
Neither Anna nor Charlie is thrilled by Alexandra's new pet, but it's Angelique's jarvey who will cause more trouble than anyone imagines.
12. Crucio by Inverarity [ - ] (3695 words)
Alexandra confronts the Mors Mortis Society, and this confrontation will change her life.
13. Maximilian's Mission by Inverarity [ - ] (8450 words)
Alexandra learns more about Maximilian King, and about her father.
14. Wizard-Dueling by Inverarity [ - ] (6137 words)
Maximilian has a lot to teach Alexandra, and Alexandra is eager to learn. But is she paying enough attention to the other people around her?
15. The Dark Side by Inverarity [ - ] (4774 words)
For once, things seem to be going right for Alexandra. But hanging out with the Stormcrows puts a strain on her other friendships, and then Alexandra sees another side to Maximilian.
16. A Walk in the Woods by Inverarity [ - ] (4941 words)
Maximilian takes Alexandra into the woods, putting her trust and everything she believes about him to the test.
17. Abraham Thorn by Inverarity [ - ] (6789 words)
In the deep, dark woods, a long-awaited meeting -- will Alexandra get answers at last?
18. Leave That World Behind by Inverarity [ - ] (7666 words)
Troubling gifts and unanswered questions force a Christmas confrontation between Alexandra and her mother.
19. Dangerous Hearts by Inverarity [ - ] (7416 words)
When one young man's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of a certain young witch, Alexandra knows just what to do. As usual, she has no idea of the trouble she's stirring.
20. Charlie the Thief by Inverarity [ - ] (6399 words)
A boy who likes a girl, and a raven who likes shiny things... both will provoke a wrathful response, and draw Alexandra into more danger than she knows.
21. The Obol by Inverarity [ - ] (7980 words)
Darla Dearborn is up to something, and Alexandra is determined to find out what. But she has no idea just how determined Darla is, or the sinister lengths to which she will go.
22. Thirteen by Inverarity [ - ] (5140 words)
Alexandra gets one surprise after another, as she reaches an important milestone. She is trying to find out about the Lands Below, but Maximilian has somewhere else in mind for her.
23. The Roanoke Underhill by Inverarity [ - ] (6573 words)
Alexandra takes a trip across the Confederation on the Wizardrail. Her visit to Roanoke will be more memorable than she knows.
24. Croatoa by Inverarity [ - ] (5921 words)
Alexandra meets some of the other residents of Croatoa, who aren't all witches, and aren't all human.
25. Colonials and Indians by Inverarity [ - ] (8001 words)
Alexandra's world grows larger; from the haunted woods of Croatoa to the charmed streets of New Roanoke, the wizarding world is slowly becoming hers.
26. The Cotillion by Inverarity [ - ] (7511 words)
It's a night of firsts, as Alexandra is presented to Roanoke wizarding society. There will be surprises, disappointments, and intrigue -- and it won't all happen at the Cotillion.
27. Her Father's Bidding by Inverarity [ - ] (6528 words)

What does it mean to live under the shadow of Abraham Thorn? Alexandra learns that Maximilian has been keeping a secret.


28. Wizards in the New World by Inverarity [ - ] (4486 words)
Maximilian tells Alexandra some unpleasant truths about the Confederation, and his mission, and Alexandra is drawn inexorably further into her father's plans.
29. By the Magic on Your Kind by Inverarity [ - ] (7771 words)
Boons, promises, binding oaths, a dangerous plan, a wizard-duel, a magical summons... all leading at last to the Lands Below!
30. The Lands Below by Inverarity [ - ] (6434 words)
Alexandra and Maximilian begin their perilous journey.
31. Bewi and the Lagaru by Inverarity [ - ] (6967 words)
Continuing their travels in the Lands Below, Maximilian and Alexandra encounter creatures who are not what they seem, and receive a gift.
32. The Generous Ones by Inverarity [ - ] (5925 words)
Who are the Generous Ones? What gifts do they offer, and what do they want?
33. The Most Terrible Gift by Inverarity [ - ] (7471 words)
Can Alexandra and Maximilian escape the Lands Below? What will the Generous Ones give them? And what gift can they offer in return?
34. Beneath Charmbridge by Inverarity [ - ] (4515 words)

Beneath Charmbridge Academy, Alexandra's journey to the Lands Below ends where it began.

But she comes back alone.


35. Return to Roanoke by Inverarity [ - ] (7995 words)
Alexandra must deal with the aftermath of her journey to the Lands Below, and the repercussions extend far beyond Charmbridge Academy.
36. In Memoriam by Inverarity [ - ] (4813 words)
Alexandra must cope with memories and loss, and one more unexpected turn of events.
37. Enemy of the Confederation by Inverarity [ - ] (7750 words)

The Thorn Circle strikes, and the Confederation will never be the same. As the school year ends, Alexandra says good-bye to her friends and returns to Larkin Mills. But leaving the wizarding world behind won't be so easy.