Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Happy Christmas, Kingsley by Sly Severus

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Kingsley practically danced around the room. He couldn’t help himself. Everything had to be perfect for the big night. All the lights were dimmed. Dinner was ready and warming on the stove. The table was set, complete with candlelight. With a flick of his wand the room filled with romantic music.

His loft was small, but he was certain he’d done a good job of making it romantic. This would be Elysia’s first visit there. It would also be their first night together after she graduated from school. They were going to celebrate her freedom and her adulthood.

He poured wine in the two glasses and sat at the table. Taking a deep breath, he surveyed the room. Nodding, he felt rather pleased with himself. He was sure Elysia would love it, and that was really all that mattered.

He took a few minutes to relax. All day he had been trying to make everything right for her. Showing her his quaint home was a big step. She was used to Malfoy Manor and the Black Mansion. There wasn’t much he could do to make his loft live up to that, but he did his best. He’d even taken the day off work to prepare for her arrival.

The wine glass was raised to his lips when there was a brisk knock on the door. He almost dropped the glass, dumping the contents all over himself.

“Pull it together,” he said to himself. “You don’t want to scare her away now.”

Sitting the wine glass beside his plate, he went to the door. With one last glance in the mirror, he decided he was presentable.

Opening the door, he wore a foolish grin. The grin known all over the world as the love look. He held his hand out to Elysia, but she ignored it, throwing herself into his arms.

“I’ve missed you,” she cried. “I’m so sorry I haven’t been able to slip away. First, I was studying for those blasted N.E.W.Ts, and then Father wanted to celebrate. I’m really sorry. I wish I could just tell my family about you, but they’d never understand. They never understand anything.”

“Hey, it’s okay,” he said, closing the door and holding her tightly. “Everything is fine. I know it’s hard to get away. I’ve missed you, too. And we have tonight. All night. Just for us.”

Elysia smiled as she pulled away from him. He got his first good look at her. She was perfect. Her hair was tied back, with a few strands hanging lose. She was dressed in a green gown, most likely chosen by her parents to compliment her house. Her pale skin seemed to glow in the candlelight. There was something angelic about the way she looked that night.

“You cooked,” she cried, spotting the table. “That’s so sweet. I didn’t know you could cook.”

He smiled. She was impressed by his culinary abilities, and didn’t seem at all put out by his meager home. Of course, she wasn’t. He should’ve known better. That just wasn’t the way she behaved. Unlike her family, she didn’t judge people based on blood and money.

“I’m a lowly bachelor, my dear,” he replied. “I had to learn how to feed myself. We don’t all have house-elves.”

“Maybe I’ll get you one for Christmas,” she mused.

“You’ve already given me more than I could’ve asked for,” he told her.

She smiled and pulled him close to her. Their lips met. The food was ready and everything was prepared just the way he wanted it, but in that second, he forgot it all. When Elysia was in his arms the rest of the world ceased to exist.

She pulled her lips away, only enough to speak. “It really was sweet of you to make dinner,” she whispered, “but would you mind terribly if we ate it cold? I’m really more in the mood for dessert.”

Instead of replying, Kingsley swept her into his arms and carried her to his bedroom. He quickly lit the candles scattered around the room with a wave of his wand.

Elysia laughed. “Looks like you were expecting company. Maybe I should go.”

He laid her softly on the bed. “I had hopes for tonight. I hope that doesn’t upset you.”

“Of course not,” she replied, pulling him on top of her. “I had hopes for tonight, too, and it looks like I’m going to get exactly what I wished for.”

“Me too,” he replied.


Kingsley didn’t know how much time had passed. He must’ve fallen asleep, but Elysia was still with him. Sleeping on his chest. Her skin felt warm against him. Wrapping his arms around her, he closed his eyes. He knew what bliss was.

She moved slightly beneath his large arms. A tiny groan escaping her lips as she opened her eyes. She smiled up at him.

“That was perfect,” she told him. “Everything I waited for and more.”

He tightened his grip on her, pulling her closer to him. A happy sigh came from her and she cuddled down.

“We should eat dinner,” she said, at last. “You did cook, after all.”

“You’re always going to be amazed about that, aren’t you?” he asked.

“I’ve never met a man who could cook before,” she replied, pulling out his arms and standing up. Her body was in full view to him, but she didn’t seem to mind. “Get up. I want to try your cooking.”

“You expect me to move when the view is this good?” he teased.

“If you ever want to see it again, I suggest you don’t ogle it too much this time,” she replied, grabbing her robe and covering herself. “You can have too much of a good thing, you know.”

“I always thought that was a lie,” he told her, trying to pull her back on the bed.

“I am not getting back in that bed until I have tasted your cooking,” she told him firmly, crossing her arms.

Kingsley laughed. Something about that just seemed utterly absurd.

“You know what, I really love you, Elysia Malfoy.”

“Well, I love you, too, Kingsley Shacklebolt,” she replied.