Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Albus Potter and the Triwizard Tournament by majestic_ginny

Printer
Summary: Nineteen years had passed since the battle at Hogwarts, and all had been well. Harry’s children had started attending Hogwarts. It is Albus Potter’s first year, and with it starts a new adventure: the Triwizard Tournament is about to start, and Albus finds himself more involved in it than he would have liked.

Join Albus and his gang, which includes his cousin Rose Weasley, a Death Eater's son by the name of Scorpius Malfoy, and Muggle-born Andrew Strathmore, as they find themselves in the midst of danger as soon as their first year starts at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. EDIT: This story is abandoned, and is in the process of being rewritten with an older Albus. I realized that having a first year in the TWT wasn't the best idea :/
Ratings: 1st-2nd Years [ - ]
Category: Next Generation
Characters: None
Warnings: Mild Profanity, Violence
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 15 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 37899 Viewcount: 66550
Published on: 12/08/08 Updated On: 12/25/11



Story Notes: Well, I decided to write this story long ago, even before I joined MNFF! I tried to make this as much cannon as possible. I hope you all like it! Enjoy, and please review!
Also, most characters (anything you recognise from the books, to be more precise) belong to JKR. I am just playing with them.


1. Chapter 1: Trains and Friends by majestic_ginny [ - ] (2171 words)
I tried to make this story as perfect as possible, but I am not as brilliant or as creative as JKR. Thanks to my great betas Sara and Pauie for correcting my mistakes!
Also, as a general disclaimer, I would like to state that any character you recognize belongs to JKR, except Andrew. I am just playing with her characters, and would like to thank her for allowing that.

2. Chapter 2: Songs and Sortings by majestic_ginny [ - ] (2766 words)
SORRY!!!!! I'm really sorry everyone that it took me so long to update! This chapter had been rejected a few many times, so... but I promise updates will be faster next time... Sorry! So to make it up, her's the next chapter. Please read and review!

Chapter has been edited :)-- 27/06/2011

3. Chapter 3: Surprises and More Surprises by majestic_ginny [ - ] (2249 words)
Hey guys! I updated as early as possible this time. And I hope that the little change I made in the Tournament won’t put you off from reading this. I just thought that instead of reading about Beauxbatons and Durmstrang once again, we could read about two new countries. Hope its okay… so please read and review! Thanks to my awesome beta Pauie!

4. Chapter 4: Howlers and Classes by majestic_ginny [ - ] (3350 words)
I'm really sorry for the YEAR-long wait, guys... I had my O levels and RL had gotten the best of me... anyways, I'm back, and updates will hopefully be more regular. Meanwhile, enjoy this chapter!

5. Chapter 5: Sacks and Glass Jars by majestic_ginny [ - ] (3651 words)
I updated early this time, right? Thanks a lot to Apurva for being one of the best betas ever! I hope you all enjoy this!



6. Chapter 6: Trains, Stars and Goblets by majestic_ginny [ - ] (3459 words)
I hope you like this! Thanks to Apurva (DracoGurlFurever) for being the best beta ever! Also, thanks a bunch to Sammy (MissyQuill) for the ideas on how the delegations should arrive!

by the way, here's how you are supposed to pronounce some of the names:

biryani:biri-yaa-nee

Khondokar:khown-doh-kaar

Abdus: Aab-doos

Sobhan: So-bhaan

Enjoy!

7. Chapter 7: Spells and Flames by majestic_ginny [ - ] (2292 words)
Thanks a bunch to Apurva (DracoGurlFurever) for being an awesome beta!

I am not, and never will be JKR. I'm just playing with her characters. I simply own my OCs.

pronounciations:

Fahim: Fa-him

Raiyan:Ra-yaan

8. Chapter 8: Impacts and Consequences by majestic_ginny [ - ] (2400 words)
Sorry for the delay, guys, I had writer's block and RL was just too hectic... the next update will be faster! Many thanks to my lovely beta, Apurva, for her comments on this chapter and her superb beta work! :)

I am not JKR. I am merely playing with her universe.

Dada (Daa-daa) = Grandpa in Bengali.

9. Chapter 9: Following In My Footsteps by majestic_ginny [ - ] (1557 words)
This chapter is entirely about Harry's reaction. Enjoy!


10. Chapter 10: Actions and Reactions by majestic_ginny [ - ] (1709 words)
Sorry for the delay, guys. RL is a real pain. Anyway, everything here (except my OCs) is JKRs, I'm just fiddling with them.

11. Chapter 11: Bad Dreams and Books by majestic_ginny [ - ] (2188 words)
Hey everyone, sorry for the long wait. I've had exams :(. And they're not over yet. I probably wont be able to update before June again, I'm really sorry! I've got my AS level exams, so I have to study. And that means no internet. Blame my parents and my school.



Anyway, everything here belongs to JKR, except my OCs. I'm just fiddling with them.

12. Chapter 12: Poems and Parchments by majestic_ginny [ - ] (2116 words)
Sorry for the long wait, guys! Hope this chapter makes up for it!

I don't own Harry Potter or the poem, "The Kraken", which was written by Lord Tennyson. I'm just fiddling with them.

13. Chapter 13: Practices and Deep-Sea Creatures by majestic_ginny [ - ] (1600 words)
Most of the text about the Kraken's description has been taken from Wikipedia. And I don't own Harry Potter or Johnny Depp. If I did, I would have been a very rich person indeed.

14. Chapter 14: Wand Weightings and Startling revelations by majestic_ginny [ - ] (2291 words)
The Sundari tree is a tree found in the Sundarbans, which is towards the south of Bangladesh. For some reason, I think it has some magical properties, and hence I assume it would be ideal to make wands. Also, maple wood is known as tonewood, meaning it can carry sound waves well.

A Nundu is a very dangerous magical creature I read out about in Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them.

By the way, I do not own Harry Potter. That's such a shock, isn't it?

15. Chapter 15: Sunken Ships, Sea Monsters and Treasure Chests. by majestic_ginny [ - ] (4100 words)
I'm so sorry for the ultra long wait, guys. I had my exams and I had such a horrible case of writers wlock on this chapter for no reason. However, to make up for this, I have a super long chapter! And as added bonus, you get the First task. No complaints now, then?