Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Finally Home by Weasley Mom

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: The characters contained herein are the property of Ms. Rowling.

"Harry are you allright?" Remus asked his voice somewhat shaky.

"I... yes... I think so," Harry replied, noticing for the first time that crystalline shards of glass littered the floor of the hospital wing. "W-what happened? Did I... I didn't hurt anyone did I?"

"No Harry. Fortunately no one was near any of the windows when they shattered. As to what happened, I suspect that you can answer that question better than any of us can," Professor Dumbledore said.

"It was... I was dreaming," Harry stuttered. "No, actually I don't think it was a dream. Voldemort was here. He was in my head."

Dumbledore exchanged a worried look with Remus, before returning his gaze to Harry.

"What do you mean he was in your head Harry?" Remus asked gently.

"He talked to me. It wasn't like the dreams where I can see what he's thinking or feeling. He actually spoke to me," Harry said frowning as he tried to relate exactly what he'd seen and felt.

"What did he say?" Dumbledore asked.

"He told me that he had ordered the attack on Ginny. He said it was a gift to me. Then he said..." Harry hesitated eyeing the concerned faces of all of the Weasleys.

"Go on Harry," Remus prompted gently.

"He said that Ginny had become very beautiful and that he had had her under his control before and that she would be again. He said that she would kneel before him and cheer my death," he almost whispered.

"Oh my baby," Mrs. Weasley gasped as Bill and Mr. Weasley moved to support her.

"I told him he was wrong," Harry continued his voice much more firm. "I told him that Ginny was not the same girl he had known then and that she would never be his. Then I got angry."

Harry looked at Dumbledore then, not sure how the headmaster would react to what he had done. The old man seemed to sense this however and fixed Harry with a penetrating gaze which bade him to continue.

"I'm tired of being his victim. I'm tired of seeing those I love being hurt and getting killed. I decided that I needed to send him a message," Harry said raising his chin defiantly and looking his mentor in the eye. Dumbledore shook his head and sighed.

"What did you do Harry?" he asked wearily.

"I told him that if all he was going to do was issue more of his idle threats then he should bloody well get out of my head because his mind games would no longer work with me. Then I kicked him out. That was not enough though. I decided he deserved to experience a taste of the pain that I've had to deal with. He had hurt so many people. He hurt the one person I care about more than anyone else in this world. He marked her, the way he did me. He deserved it," Harry said.

"What did you do Harry?" Dumbledore asked again, this time with some trepidation.

"I focused on the pain. The pain in my scar, the pain of loss, and anger and guilt, I focused on it all. I gathered it all up and I sent it all back at him. I felt him collapse under it. I felt him gasping and wretching on the floor as he tried to shut his mind away from me. I felt his fear. I know it probably wasn't what you would have wanted me to do sir, but somehow I know that it was right. I cannot and I will not feel any guilt or regret about it," he said simply, a look of steely determination in his eyes. Dumbledore sat quietly for a moment, then nodded, a small smile creeping across his face.

"Well if nothing else Harry I think you have probably discouraged him from ever doing that again. You've also, most likely, made him rethink his plans which gives us time to prepare. While I'd much rather he didn't know about this new turn your powers have taken, I suspect we couldn't have kept it hidden for long anyway."

"Professor what did I do? How did the windows get broken like that?" Harry asked tentatively. It was Ron, however who answered.

"You should have seen it mate. We were all out here just kind of waiting on you to come out when the whole room started to glow green. Professor Lupin was the first to get to you though. He ripped back the curtain and there you were, all covered in that wierd green fire again. It was all around Ginny too like you were trying to protect her."

"We tried to get to you, to wake you Harry, but we couldn't," Hermione added. Ron nodded.

"It was like trying to get through a brick wall. Professor Dumbledore couldn't even get to you," he said. "Then BAM there was this wave of... i dunno what it was. I could feel it pass through me though."

"Then all of the windows started shattering, and the potion bottles all shook. It's a good thing Madame Pomfrey put an unbreakable charm on them or they'd probably have burst too," Hermione said. Harry's eyes widened as he tried to take in all that had hapened.

"Wait, I shielded Ginny too? It didn't hurt her did it?" Harry asked, panicking slightly at the thought. He turned quickly back to her, only to see her sleeping peacefully, a slight smile on her face.

"She seems to be fine Potter," said Madame Pomfrey gently to the obviously worried young man.

"Thank you Harry," Mrs. Weasley said softly. "Thank you for saving her again, and thank you for protecting her."

Harry blushed, looking down shyly. He was not good at talking about his feelings. He felt, however, that Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, all of the Weasleys, should know that Ginny would be safe.

"I love her Mrs. Weasley. I'll protect her with my life," he said quietly. Mrs. Weasley hugged him to her fiercely.

"We know that son. Ginny feels the same way about you," said Mr. Weasley patting him on the back.

"I suppose you'll do Potter," said Bill grinning slightly.

"Better than Corner," said Fred.

"Or Thomas. Harry just might be worthy of our sister," said George.

"Of course, you hurt her, and we will hunt you down," said Charlie.

"Even if you are my best friend," added Ron.

"All right you lot. Leave Harry alone. Why don't you all go down to the Great Hall and see if you can find something to eat?" said Mrs. Weasley much to Harry's relief.

"You should eat as well Mrs. Weasley. You too Mr. Weasley," said Hermione gently. "It's past time for dinner. Why don't we all go down to he kitchens and see what can be found?"

"Excellent idea Ms. Granger. Minerva and Tonks, if you would be so good as to accompany them? Oh and have Dobby bring up some food for Harry, Remus, and myself if you would," Dumbledore said kindly.

"I can't leave Ginny," Mrs. Weasley protested.

"Molly, I hardly think anything will happen to her with both Dumbledore and Harry here, not to mention Remus," Mr. Weasley said before gently steering her out of the hospital wing.

"Poppy, would you mind leaving us as well?" Dumbledore asked. With a sigh, Madame Pomfrey stomped off to her office
muttering under her breath about people usurping her domain.

"Harry are you certain that you are allright?" Dumbledore asked, the concern evident in his voice.

"Yes sir. I believe so. I'm a bit tired but otherwise, I think I'm fine," Harry shrugged.

"That's to be expected. You've expended a great deal of magic today, not to mention the emotional toll you have paid," the headmaster responded.

"I am sort of worried though sir," Harry struggled for a moment to put what he was thinking into words. "I only seem to be able to do this when I'm angry... really angry."

"And you are concerned that because anger is a negative emotion, that what you are doing is dark magic?" Dumbledore asked. Harry nodded, relieved to have his fears out in the open.

"I don't believe what you are doing is dark magic. Yes, it has manifested so far with your anger, but that anger has been motivated by love. I believe that, with practice you will gain more control and that, by focusing on the positive emotions, you may be capable of even more than we have seen today," the professor said, smiling reassuringly at Harry.

"There is one more thing sir. What if I lose control and hurt someone without meaning to? Should I even be here at school, around everyone?" Harry asked.

"I had many of the same thoughts at school Harry," Remus said quietly. "I will tell you the same thing your father told me when I mentioned them to him. You deserve to have the chance at a normal life as much as anyone else does. You have been through more in your life than anyone I know, and you have dealt with it with strength and dignity. We will work on your control if it makes you feel better, but you must remember, these were extreme circumstances today. Give yourself a break."

Dumbledore smiled. "Your father was a wise man Harry. I think perhaps we should resume your occlumency as permitted with your other commitments. In addition to helping you control your anger, I have a feeling that it will aid you in controlling your wandless magic as well. I believe we will work on some more advanced techniques also."

"When do you think..." Harry began, but was interrupted by a low moan from the nearby hospital bed. He quickly turned and was by her side in seconds.

"Welcome back beautiful," Harry said gently, tears in his eyes.

"H-harry?" she croaked in a voice made rough from sleep. "Where am I? What happened?"

"It's ok love, you're safe. How are you feeling?" he said, lightly kissing her forehead, where the white bandage showed starkly.

"Sore," she said licking her lips. Then again asked, "What happened?"

"You are in the hospital wing because you were attacked Miss Weasley. Mr. Potter found you early this afternoon and brought you here. You gave us quite a scare young lady," Dumbledore said kindly.

"Gin, do you remember what happened? Who did this to you?" Harry asked.

As Ginny looked up at them, Harry could see her struggling to remember. He saw her eyes widen and she began to speak.

Yep that's right evil cliffie. Hope you enjoyed this one. As always thanks for reading and please review. Thanks also to Danielle for moderating and my son Will for being my beta. Thank you as well for all of the wonderful reviews that I have been receiving.