Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Finally Home by Weasley Mom

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: All of the characters contained herein are the property of Ms. Rowling.


Harry stood looking out the newly repaired windows of the hospital wing at the moonlit grounds below. He knew he should be sleeping. He, Ron, and Hermione had all been sent back to Gryffindor Tower when the Weasleys had gone home and had been firmly ordered by McGonnagall to get some rest. Marauder that he was, Harry had snuck back as soon as everyone was asleep. His emotions were too close to the surface to even consider sleeping right now, besides he needed to be here with Ginny.

He thought back to earlier in the evening when he and Mrs. Weasley had stood by Ginny as she had recounted for Tonks all that had happened during the attack. Harry had felt like his heart was being ripped in two, and had been forced to go through every meditation and occlumency technique he had been taught to stay calm. It was only the desperate grip that Ginny had kept on his hand which had stopped him from going straight to the Slytherin common room and, as slowly and painfully as possible, beating every last ounce of life out of Malfoy.

When it was over, Ginny had cried in her mum's arms, while Harry stood by silently vowing that no one would ever hurt her like that again. Tonks had immediately summoned Kingsley and a small team of aurors to remove Malfoy from the castle. Harry suspected that at least part of the reason for Tonks desire for haste was to keep the Weasley brothers from disposing of the Slytherin. As it was, they insisted on following the prisoner and his escort until they left Hogwarts grounds.

"Malfoy might oblige us and try to escape," Fred had said grimly, lovingly fingering one of the sharp pointy instruments which he likd to produce whenever he felt like threatening someone.

Harry turned away from the window and walked over to Ginny's bed. To his suprise, she was awake and watching him.

"You should be asleep," he said gently.

"Oh and you shouldn't?" Ginny retorted with a trace of her normal impishness.

"Since when I have I ever done what I should Gin?" he asked.

"Good point," she giggled before turning more serious. "Harry?"

"Yeah?" he said.

"Ron and Hermione told me what you did... with Malfoy I mean. They also told me how all of the hospital windows got broken," Ginny said. Harry looked down.

"I just got so mad when I saw what they did to you. I couldn't stand to see you like that and it was all my fault. God Ginny! I've been through a crucio and when I think of that happening to you... I never wanted you to feel that. You've got a scar now because of me. You've been permanently changed because of me. You would be so much better off if I weren't in your life," Harry said sadly.

"How can you think that Harry? You've saved my life twice now. I was not attacked because of you. I was attacked because Voldemort is an evil bastard. My whole family is in the Order. I'm a target with or without you and furthermore Harry James Potter I know what my life was like without you in it and it was most definately not better. I love you you big stupid ... git!" Ginny said fiercely, her famous Weasley temper clearly ignited.

"I love you too Gin, but..." Harry shook his head. Ginny looked at him for a moment as if trying to decide something. Finally, she spoke.

"You know while I was unconscious, I had a dream. I was walking in the clearing near the Burrow where we practice quidditch. At first I was alone. The sun was really warm and I could hear birds singing. It was so peaceful. I'm not sure where she came from, she was just...there. She told me that I couldn't stay. I had to go back because you needed me. She made me promise to not let you pull away and to tell you that she loved you," Ginny said quietly.

"Who?" Harry said and then his eyes widened. "Mum?"

"I think so Harry. She looked like the pictures I've seen of her. The next thing I remember was being in the hospital wing, but it was like I was looking down on it. You were sitting next to me. You were holding my hand and talking," she said.

"Y-you heard what I said?" he stuttered blushing. Ginny nodded.

"Every word of it. You know, you can't make promises like that to a girl and then change your mind. I expect you to take care of this business with Voldemort so we can have our happily ever after, and don't you even think about trying to wriggle out of it."

"Yes ma'am," he said smiling shyly. He leaned over and kissed her gently, marveling at how she could get him to go from tortured and despairing to ecstatic and hopeful so quickly. Ginny scooted over and patted the bed next to her. Harry shot her a rather startled look which caused her to giggle again.

"I'm not some scarlet woman trying to seduce you Harry. You just look ready to drop and I know that I am. I'll sleep better with you here. It makes me feel safer," Ginny said pleadingly, a flicker of the fear she refused to acknowledge showing in her eyes.

"Allright, but only for a little while and you get to explain to your brothers if they catch us," Harry said as he climbed in next to her. Ginny immediately snuggled up to him sighing and was soon asleep. Lulled by the warmth of their closeness and the gentle sound of her breathing, Harry quickly followed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He had read the report as soon as it came in and immediately came down to the cells, after stopping to borrow an invisibility cloak from the department of magical law enforcement. Then he had sat and waited as the sounds of the Ministry died around him. He knew that the guards only made rounds once during the night, even though they were supposed to do so hourly. The rest of the night, they spent socializing in the office at the far end of the detention block.

He had seen the prisoner brought in, angered at the way, even in chains, his arrogance shown through.

"This is ridiculous. My family will have me out in the morning and I will be back at Hogwart's before the week is up. You have no proof I have done anything you fools!" the boy had spat contemptuously at his guards.

Malfoy lay on his cot now, buffing his nails on his cloak and sighing boredly. All was finally quiet, time for the hidden prescence in the cell to make his move.

"You know Malfoy, I've always been the good boy. I've followed every rule, every law to the letter, regardless of whether or not I really believed in them. It's the way I have lived my life, and I was proud of it. Recent events have caused me to question that. My brothers have always told me that rules are meant to be broken. I never believed that, never understood how they could feel that way... until now."

"Guards!" Malfoy bellowed. "Guards there is someone in here with me! Help me!"

"Too bad they can't hear you. I put a soundproofing charm on the cell," the voice hissed from the darkness. He heard Malfoy's wimpers and smiled grimly.

"You touched my sister. You hurt her and I know that my family will not find justice from the Ministry. Like you said, you'll be out by morning and back at Hogwarts before the week is up. I have always followed the law Malfoy. I have always believed in it, but in your case... in your case I have decided to make an exception," Percy said as he stepped out of the shadows of the cell and slammed his fist into Draco Malfoy's face.

A/N: Hope you liked this one, even without an evil cliffie at the end. Huge thank yous go out to Danielle for moderating, to my son for being my beta, and to all of you wonderful people who review.