Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Finally Home by Weasley Mom

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: All of the characters contained herein are the property of Ms. Rowling.

"Percy! Bloody hell!" Ron thundered for about the tenth time as they sat in the Great Hall eating lunch. He had been ranting since Tonks had informed them that Percy would be representing the Ministry in Malfoy's prosecution.

"Ron, calm down," Hermione soothed. "He did say he would do everything in his power to make sure Malfoy rotted in Azkaban."

"Yeah? Well he's also a lying traitor Hermione, so pardon me if that does not make me feel any better," Ron snapped. Hermione rolled her eyes in frustation and cotinued tryng to calm Ron.

Harry looked towards Ginny who had been strangely quiet since they had told her Tonks' news. She was playing with her food and frowning.

"You allright love?" Harry asked gently. She smiled wanly at him.

"Yeah. I was just thinking. On the one hand, I'm happy that Percy has finally come around. On the other hand, I have to wonder... why now?" she shrugged. Harry nodded. He had been having the same doubts. Percy hadn't been swayed to his family's point of view the previous year when Mr. Weasley had been attacked and nearly died. Harry had a hard time believing that the sole reason for his change of heart had been what happened to Ginny. Harry shook his head, brought out of his reverie by the voice of Colin Creevey.

"You ready to go to Charms Ginny?" he asked. Harry smiled at Colin. It seemed that the younger boy was taking his role as Ginny's protector very seriously.

"Yeah Colin," Ginny answered, standing up and grabbing her things. Harry noticed how little she had eaten. He also thought that she was starting to look rather pale. He grabbed her hand.

"Are you sure you're feeling allright?" he asked.

"I'm fine Harry... really," she reassured him.

"No. You're not. I know there is something going on besides Percy. What is it?" Harry demanded.

"It's the Slyhterins again," Colin supplied when Ginny hesitated.

"Shut up Colin," Ginny growled.

"No. They were awful to you in Care of Magical Creatures Gin. Harry should know," Colin argued.

"Who was awful to her?" Ron asked, temporarily distracted from his own black mood.

"It's nothing I can't handle," Ginny said. "Just Marcus Parkinson being his usual charming self."

"What did he do?" Harry asked his eyes glinting dangerously.

"Calm down Harry..." Ginny began, only to be interrupted by Colin.

"He told her that he hadn't thought she could look any worse than she normally did with her 'carrot top and freckles', but that he had clearly been wrong. He also said that he was suprised that you hadn't run in fright when you saw that ghastly mark on her head. Then he said that you were probably used to looking at terrifying things though with all the time you spent with Hermione. His words... not mine. I would've hexed him, but Ginny wouldn't let me," Colin provided.

"He said what?" Ron growled. Marcus had picked the wrong day to mess with Ginny, especially when he insulted Hermione at the same time. Ron stood and made for the Slytherin table, an equally outraged Harry at his heels.

"Couldn't keep your mouth shut could you?" Ginny hissed at Colin as she and Hermione chased frantically after the boys. Luckily they caught up to them before they reached their destination.

"See this is why I didn't tell you," Ginny said. "It's no big deal Harry. I've been dealing with Parkinson since first year."

"First year? All the more reason to beat the snot out of him," Harry growled. Ginny stared, fascinated as his eyes began to glow faintly.

"You two cannot get into a fight in the Great Hall for Merlin's sake," Hermione said.

"You heard what he said 'Mione. He insulted you and Ginny both. I will not let him get away with that," Ron snapped glaring at the Slytherin table. He'd had a very bad day and had just been handed the perfect excuse to take out his frustration.

"I didn't think that you would. This is not the way to deal with it though," Hermione said.

"She's right. You two go over there and attack the Slytherins, seemingly unprovoked, and you are playing right into their hands. They do need to be taught a lesson however," Ginny said grinning slightly.

"And you are Marauders after all," Hermione added. Harry and Ron exchanged a look. Their anger was rerouted.

"It will have to be something really good," Harry said.

"And it needs to last long enough to get our point across," Ron said. "Any ideas?"

"A couple," said Harry. "But we'd better get to class now before we're all late."

The foursome headed out of the Hall. Ginny stalked past Colin at the doors, glaring at him. Colin meekly followed her, making sure she stayed in his sight. Ron waved as he headed for Divinition.

"Wish me luck with Trelawney," he muttered.

"Ronald, you really should learn to listen, and maybe read your schedule. Firenze is teaching NEWT Divinition," Hermione said exasperated. Ron brightened considerably and left for his class.

Harry and Hermione hurried in the opposite direction for Potions. They knew they'd be lucky to make it on time, and indeed slipped into their seats with just seconds to spare, or so they thought.

"Mr. Potter, Miss Granger, so glad you could join us. Perhaps next time you will endeavor to be here when you are supposed to be. Five points from each of you," Snape sneered. Harry gritted his teeth trying to calm himself down. He was still fuming from Colin's revelations, even if he had decided on an alternative method of exercising his wrath upon the Slytherins. He knew that he needed this class to become an auror. Unfortunately, he also knew that meant that he had no choice but to put up with Snape.

"Welcome to NEWT level Potions. This class is reserved only for those who have managed a certain level of achievement. All of you have, as difficult as it is for me to believe this, attained O's on your Potion's OWLs. As you have no doubt noticed, the more incompetent among you have been weeded out, for the most part," Snape added, shooting a venomous look at Harry.

Harry focused on his occlumeny, clearing his mind, and controlling his emotions. In an effort to distract himself from Snape's pointed comments, Harry glanced around the room. He noticed that the only two Gryffindors to make the cut besides he and Hermione were Dean and Parvati. In addition to the four Gryffindors, there were two Hufflepuffs and five Ravenclaws. The rest of the class was composed entirely of Slytherins, Pansy Parkinson, Crabbe, and Goyle among them.

Harry found himself once again taking calming breaths, Crabbe and Goyle should have been arrested with Malfoy. He was certain that they had been involved in Ginny's attack as well, but with no evidence, Dumbledore had been forced to let them return to class.

"Is there a reason that you have chosen not to pay attention Potter?" Snape spat. Harry jumped, realizing that the Professor had noticed his mental meandering.

"No sir. Sorry sir," Harry murmured while thinking, "Why don't you go wash your hair and leave me alone Snivelly.

"Five more points from Gryffindor Potter. Going for a new personal record this year? I'm sure your father would be proud. I believe his record was somewhere near 1000 points," Snape hissed smirking malevolently. Across the room, Pansy, Crabbe, and Goyle snickered. Snape ignored them and continued with his lecture.

"This year we will start to brew some highly complex potions. Your measurements must be precise and all directions must be meticulously followed. The potions which we will be attempting this year require absolute concentration or dire consequences may result."

"We will begin by working on Wolfsbane Potion. With Professor Lupin back on staff, the Headmaster has asked that we keep a supply on hand." The potions master flicked his wand and directions appeared on the board. "You may begin."

Beside him, Harry saw Hermione raise her hand.

"Yes Miss Granger?" Snape said wearily.

"Sir, isn't the Wolfsbane potion fatal to a werewolf if it is brewed improperly?" Hermione asked.

"Yes Miss Granger it is. I hope for Professor Lupin's sake that Mr. Potter's potion brewing skills have improved greatly," Snape answered.

Harry tensed. He could feel his anger simmering just below the surface. How dare Snivellus endanger Moony like that? Harry saw Hermione's eyes widen, and noticed a tell-tale green glow begin to form round himself. Harry took a deep calming breath and closed his eyes, willing hs anger to subside, concentrating on keeping his mind blank. When he opened his eyes again, the glow was gone and Harry felt calmer.

He read though the directions on the board and began to follow them, meticulously checking and rechecking as he went. By the end of class, Harry was exhausted, however, he was pleased to see that his potion looked exactly like Hermione's. He just hoped that the others in the room had been as precise and accurate as he had. He glanced over at the Slytherins. Pansy Parkinson saw him and smirked, blowing Harry a kiss before carelessly throwing a large handfull of Wolfsbane into her cauldron.

"That great ugly cow," Hermione whispered furiously. "She's intentionally brewing her potion wrong." Harry nodded.

"We have got to warn Moony. If he takes that potion..." Harry refused to even think about finishing that thought. Instead he bottled his potion, as did Hermione, and placed it on Snape's desk. They then headed for Gryffindor Tower where they planned to catch up with Ron and Ginny.

"What are we going to do Harry?" Hermione asked.

"I'm going to warn him tonight at our meeting, but I'm afraid this will force him to through the next full moon potionless. Transformations are hard enough on him as it is, and then to take away the one thing which makes it easier for him. I could cheerfully kill Snivellus," Harry growled.

"Speaking of Moony's transformations," Hermione said furitively, "I think that we should start work on that other project, the one to help Moony."

"Yeah, I was actually thinking the same thing. I thought maybe we could all meet in the room of requiremnt either before or after I meet with Remus tonight," Harry said.

"We should help Ron and Ginny with their patronuses. We can both do one and they never have. Remember? Professor McGonnagall said that they were a key step to finding out what our inner animal is," Hermione said. Harry noded his agreement as they arrived at the portrait hole and, after giving the password, entered the common room in search of Ron and Ginny.

Hope you enjoyed that. Thanks go out to Danielle for being a fabulous moderator, my son for being my beta, and all of you for reviewing. OK... something a little different. In the next few chapters, everyone's animagus forms will be revealed, altough they won't be able to transform just yet. According to Jo, people's animagus form corresponds with their patronus. We know therefore that Harry will be a stag (like James) and Hermione will be an otter. Having said that, I have a mission for you all. I would like you to post, along with your reviews, 1) what you think Ron and Ginny's animagus forms should be and 2) your ideas for Marauder names for the four. I may or may not use some of the ideas in the story, but I'd like your input either way. Thanks again for reading. Until next time -W.M.